Mary Kay Hydrating Lotion

4.5

I was looking for cotton balls in my mother in laws bathroom when i came across this. I put some on and my skin instantly started to feel smooth. I gave it a 4 b/c i didnt like how it took a lot to rub in. Idk if it was because it was sitting there for a while or what but it felt kinda chalky. But i smells pretty, its light not strong. Also non greasy like some formulas i have tried. I would definently purchase this

This is PERFECT for winter months. It seems to be the only thing that moisturizes my dry skin I get in the winter.

on 6/10/2007 2:08:00 PM

Wow, I am surprised! I received this product as a gift from a MK representative, and I was not expecting to like it. It is not that I don't like MK products, but I just wondered if it would deliver on the "hydrating" promise!

There are many types of lotions, as I have discovered over the years-
Cakey, thick lotions (such as really heavy winter lotions)
Medium consistancy-light consistency (such as Bath and Body Works)
Light "Summertime" type lotions-Some Suave products in the pump, Curel natural lotion etc

Anyway, this is just a generalization, but I wanted to categorize MK's Hydrating Lotion. IMO, it would fall under the "Summertime" category-it is very light (almost gel-like) and smooths very well. It smells OK, it might be a bit nauseating for some people. It has a rose-water-cosmetic-y type smell that some people might not like. It isn't my favorite smell, but I do like the lotion quite a bit.

One other thing to mention is the packaging. The product is not in an upright pump dispenser, it is a typical squeeze the package and hold out your hand type application. I prefer a pump dispenser for the ease of getting just the right amount of product, but I am willing to try new things, lol. :)

If there is some way for you to get a hold of a sample of this product (if possible?) that would be the best idea, so you can smell the product before purchasing the $14 full bottle. I like the consistency of the product quite a bit, but the smell may not suit everyone!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I found their new Hydrating Lotion (in pink & white tube) to be very hydrating and non-greasy. I put some on this morning on my legs and they have not got dry nor do they feel like I have a ton of lotion on them. I also found this lotion to spread pretty easily. It is a medium/thick white lotion and it has a very fresh fragrance to it, not too heavy of a fragrance either. It smells very clean.
But the only problem I found is that the tube it comes in, is that the plastic they used it too flemsy, I guess I mean it seems the plastic tube is too thin. I found this to be with the new 2-in-1 Body & Shave Wash too. I would buy again, it is a good winter lotion.

Popular Lotions / Creams