September 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Skincare - Face - CosMedix

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sonianala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They used to be amazing a decade or so ago but they keep changing their formulas and packaging. I used to use the affirm serum, hydrate and protect lines - previously recommended by my dermatologist but I noticed about 5 years ago it wasn't as effective. It dried my skin out, there wasn't enough moisturiser in it, it didn't feel as highly concentrated with active ingredients like it did previously. Susequently I switched to Aspect Dr which is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

My mom works at a salon and is friends with the esthetician and she recommended the CosMedix line to my mom a while back. My mom has oily skin, prone to occasional breakouts and I have dry to combination skin that is sensitive and acne prone. I also get clogged pores and blackheads on my nose and chin which are the only places on my face that can get oily. I used the purity cleanser a few times, but it was too much for my skin. I am a bargain hunter as well, and I could not justify spending that much money on a face wash. (The sample kit was like $80 I think? Not including my mom's employee discount.) Well, in the last few weeks my skin has become HORRIBLE. I have had clusters of acne on my cheeks and I can't even wax my brows anymore because even that will cause a huge breakout. My Cetaphil is not doing a darn thing for me anymore at all. Insert CosMedix. This is what I have tried so far...

Benefit Clean- I have been using this for TWO DAYS and my skin is drastically different. I use Ponds cold cream to take off my makeup and follow it with this cleanser. I also use it in the morning. All my zits including the big cystic ones are completely dried up and quickly fading. My skin feels so smooth. If I had to pick only one product from the line it would be this.

Clarity Serum- I think you are supposed to use it on your entire face, but I have just been using it on my trouble spots. It's a yellowy gel consistency and it goes on clear. I wore it under makeup no problem, just give it time to dry and use a good moisturizer. Seems to really be speeding up the healing process with my acne.

Purity Clean- This is what my mom uses that I used for a few days when she first purchased it. Is great for oily skin... too much for my wimpy skin. It broke me out and was drying. However, her skin LOVES it. Would definitely recommend this for oily skin.

Purity Balance Exfoliating Prep- Just started using this and I don't have much to review on it yet, but I do like this. I only use it once a day. I spray it on a cotton pad and wipe it over my breakouts and my clog proned areas. Stings a bit, but I have noticed that the crazy amount of clogged pores and blackheads on my nose and chin look better.

Rescue Balm- GREAT if you are having an allergic reaction to a product. I was really dried out and peeling and I tried it a few months ago. No more dry patches and it soothed my skin instantly.

Opti Crystal Chirally Correct Eye Serum- Apart from being a really cool color it was way too thick for me. My mom is in her 40's and swears by it, though. I didn't really notice any change... but I am also 20. haha.

CosMedix Emulsion Intense Hydrator- I LOVE THIS STUFF. This has not broken me out and while it hydrates extremely well, it is not too much for the Tennessee humidity. No clogged pores, either. I use it twice a day.

So overall, this will probably be my HG skincare line. My skin just loves it, and I think every skin type would as long as you are choosing the right products. Would purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

This is a review for Define, a retinol treatment. One word: amazing. I have been using it at night for 2 months now and have seen a tremendous difference in the quality and tone of my skin, all without ever peeling/redness/irritation. I use a clarifying cleanser (Arcona soap which is another great product) and then a thin layer of Define at night. Pores are tighter, overall tone is more even. I use the sunscreen from Cosmedix which I 'm not crazy about, but will finish out the very large bottle of it. It's obviously important to use sunscreen religiously if you transition to retinoids, and to avoid waxing on face. I will definitely be purchasing a new jar of Define when this one runs out. Highest recommendation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ashnik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had breakouts since my teens. I'm now in my late 20's. I'm a naturalist at heart, but have found that the organic lines out there don't do much for my light to moderate acne. I've pretty much tried everything trying to find some balance between breaking out and drying out. I've wasted soooo much money on expensive products that haven't worked for my skin.
But..... Then I found cosmedix!! And it's chirally correct. All the positive with all the negative spun out. Yay!!
I have an aesthetician I see about every 4 weeks. We usually do a cleanse, steam and a microdermabrasion, followed by a mask. This last time she offered to do a peel instead for my superficial scarring and a small active breakout. I did the purity peel. Holy crap! It was intense, and I consider my skin pretty "mature" after the various treatments I've had. My face was very sensitive for about 2 days following. Then the peeling began. It wasn't too bad. I definitely couldnt wear makeup to hide the skin falling off my face. Yuck! But By the following week, my face had cleared up and I had dewy baby fresh skin. It was so weird, looking at my skin without makeup and feeling really good about it.
So I went In search of products made by cosmedix. I purchased the purity clean face wash. It was pepperminty and took off more makeup than any other cleanser had ever removed in one wash. It did make me sensitive the first use. I was worried It was going to be too harsh, so I backed off it for two days. Then I used it again. I still experienced a little sensitivity, so I alternated it every other day with a natural line I like. I sort of had to work my way into it. Its strong. After a couple weeks, my skin feels great. It really works. It helps so much with breakouts and my skin is finally used to it, patients is key . I am going to order more products!!
I scheduled an appointment for a stronger peel. Tomorrow's peel, the deep sea peel. I will update one I see the result. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by darya415

I am an esthetician and I work with Cosmedix, absolutely love it!
I've worked with different lines, this one by far is the best and the most effective one!
I myself have combination skin, prone to breakouts. I got myself on a regimen with Cosmedix products: Clean my skin with Benefit Clean in the morning and Purity Clean at night. Then I follow with Mystic ( I love that it has anti-bacterial properties in addition to being very hydrating). I used Clarity serum before applying my Hydrate Plus moisturizer. Once in a while, when I feel like my skin needs an extra boost of hydration, I use Rescue mask, which is just magical. It calms your skin, moisturizes it, helps with any redness, has healing properties.

I've also been working a lot with Cosmedix peels, and can promise you that you'd love them! There's different kinds of peels for any age/skin type. And because they use Chiral technology on all their products, everything is safe to use even on the most sensitive skin.

Give Cosmedix a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ballerine1

This is the best product line I have ever tried.
I have purchased Defy, Refine, Reflect and the eye cream.
Alternating the use of Defy and Refine has faded the acne scars I had (they were medium-bad, not the worse you've seen in your life, but they still wouldn't go away with other products that target this kind of problem and I needed to apply concealer and foundation daily to cover them up), plus this combination healed me from the persisting and mild acne that I had. Now I continue using Defy alone, because I do not need the extra peeling effect but still want to continue the exfoliation to further enhance the appearance of my skin. I do not need to wear makeup anymore, but will put a little bit of Bobbi Brown foundation stick to spots that are still not perfect enough (but I use less and less everyday and now that Defy will take care of everything. That is how reliable it is.)

I find that the effectiveness of the products (they do what they said they will do, now, how often does that happen??), combined with the pleasant and no fuss application (scents are mild and pleasant, consistency is always practical to apply), the quality packaging (I travel a lot) and pure ingredients that work with your skin, really make these winners.
The price is what it is, around what you'd pay for a high end brand, minus the chemicals... and you get something that you can count on.

I really liked the eye cream and I did see a difference in dark circles, general brightness, and hydration. I applied at night, mostly, but sometimes, to rehydrate over makeup during the day. I find it worked well for that use too. I will buy that product again, but when I have a little more $$. For now, I'm under 30... and I find that a moisturizer is good enough for the skin around my eyes.
This product got some bad rep for being sticky. It's texture is quite sticky, and it has an opalescent sheen to it, too. I guess I wouldn't wear it to bed with a new date around... Nevertheless, when I come around an eye product that does what it claims to do, I am willing to overlook a few minor issues.

Reflect is wonderful. I never used sunscreen because I do not burn easily but also because sunscreen makes me breakout consistently. I've tried good ones like LaRoche Posay, too, but breakouts always happened anyway. This is really light, you spray it directly on your face (what I do) or in your hand and then pat it on... I use it because they advise to use sunscreen when exfoliating with products like Defy and Refine. If you have trouble with sunscreen, I definitely recommend trying Reflect before giving up all together.

I also liked their cleanser (the green one). It has something special to it, it really exfoliates and preps for whatever product you want to put after, plus it takes all makeup way (also mascara). I tried the sample that I got in the pre-peel kit... but didn't repurchase just because I'm very happy using Dove soap to cleanse my face. It's gentle, cheap and practical (I can buy it anywhere).

I also finished the Hydrate+ sample, which is a wonderful light moisturizer with spf. But didn't repurchase because I'm so pleased with Reflect and my current moisturizer. I might in the future, just to save a step in my morning routine.

Voilą, hope this helps you all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by fvger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased my first Cosmedix product 8 months ago and I find this line very good. Cosmedic products have really helped my mild hormonal acne and hyperpigmentation spots. They are also well formulated without too much silicones and unnecessary chemicals and don't cause skin redness, allergic reactions or further breakouts. I have been using the Clarity serum for 8 months with great results and repurchased this twice (one bottle lasts for about 3-4 months). Brightening serum, pure C and the the berry scrub are all good, though not essential, but I love the purity peel. Try Cosmedix if you can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still use my Jan Marini, but I had a facial yesterday, and I reviewed the ingredient listing on these products. My CVS Pharmacy has a Beauty 360 that I stumbled upon during the weekend. They sell a lot of spa lines. They talked me into signing up for a facial -- $65, and I get a $25 gift card. Then, if I spend $100 in product, I get another $25 gift card. Plus, if you have a Beauty 360 card, if you spend $250, then you get a free facial. So, that means if you buy 4 facials, you get one free. They had just gotten the Cosmedix line in. I just had the facial last night. My skin is sensitive/dry and acne prone. I have cleared up all of my cystic acne with my Jan Marini -- other than one hormonal breakout. My current concern was my acne scars. I thought it was a good facial for $65. She cleansed my skin and then used an exfoliating/enzyme mask with 10% lactic acid to prepare me for a peel. I had just a slight amount of tingling. She did a few extractions and cleared out blackheads. Then, she put on a glycolic peel formula and left that on for just about 2 minutes. Then, she followed up with a moisturizing/calming mask. She applied a lightening serum and then a heavy moisturizer that I think was from Canyon Ranch. I thought the facial was good, and my skin feels smoother today. I also feel like the tone looks better too. Not good enough to go without makeup, but better. I did sample the eye cream, and it would be a product you could only use at night because it is thick and sticky and $90. I'll stick with my Age Intervention eye cream from Jan Marini for $64. I may buy a couple of products by this line, we'll see. But, if I do, I will make a new listing for each product I try. I'll update if my skin takes a turn for the worse. Update: I was able to get a Timeless Peel at CVS Pharmacy. This peel is an intense peel where you leave the product on overnight. I washed it off after an hour because I had a little bit of skin lift and I wasn't sure what would happen if I left it on overnight. I peeled on this one for about 3 days. It wasn't as much as a biomed peel at a medical aesthetician's office, but it was closer than any other peel I've ever had. I definitely recommend using the pre-peel kit to prepare your skin. some areas peeled 3 times. This was a really good peel because my skin tone was better afterwards. But this peel can cost up to $250 at some salons, so it isn't cheap. I would pay up to $100 for it, but not $250 (that's a LOT of money to me). I would be careful with this peel. I didn't even feel any stinging or pain with my skin peeling off -- just a quarter inch next to my mouth. It did scab over for 3 or 4 days, but no pain at all. My face was kind of yellow after this peel, so have the peel in the evening. My face was really red the very next day and then the following day, I started peeling. I have another facial tomorrow and will probably purchase a gentle cleanser for removing my makeup. I am still working through my Jan Marini products -- I don't know that I will fully switch over. Update 11/20 - I have had a total of 2 Timeless Peels now and I just had a Blueberry Jessner today. I got a coupon from a recent purchase, so I decided to go for it and purchase some of the products to take advantage of my 25% off. I spent $330 today and paid for my $50 peel, benefit prep $34, Radiance $92, C Crystals $52, Refine $58, and Hydrate + $46. We broke the purchases out into 3 transactions at $100 each, and I got a $25 gift card for each purchase (they have a promotion right now that if you spend $100, you get a $25 gift card). And, I had already spent $178, so adding the $330 gave me 2 free facials (each $250 you spend gives you a free facial. So, I spent $330, and I got $75 in gift cards back and 2 free facial coupons. Yay! Anyway, I'll review these products as I use them let you know how they work. The last timeless peel I got, I left on all night. They no longer do timeless peels there. This peel was fabulous. I did peel 3 times on my chin and once on my cheeks and forehead. But, my tone really improved a lot. I didn't break out this time from the peel either. My skin looks a LOT better. I love that peel. I had the blueberry jessner today, and my skin is tight. She put on two layers and then brushed on some water. It stung. She fanned me and then took it off about 2 or 3 minutes later. I think I am going to peel -- probably just once though. I'll let you guys know. Update: For the most part, I love this skincare line. I'll be updating individual reviews. Update: I am using up the rest of my cosmedix now and am going to go back to Jan Marini because of price. The standout products in this line are Radiance Serum, Pure C crystals, Benefit Cleanser, and the Refine products. I didn't like Defy, Define, Hydrate. Overall, the Jan Marini system works better for me as an overall system. I have received another Timeless peel and am peeling on my chin. I had some active acne on my chin -- hormonal, and it appears to be drying up. I love this peel.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by enough21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased Cosmedix Lightning Serum. Its been a week and already my friend and I have noticed a difference. Its very gentle, no irritation or reaction. Its made with lactic acid so its exfoliating the spots away while evening out texture. It is expensive, bought from skinstore.com with a code so it helped. This prob will run out in 30 days so I will have to repurchase another bottle to get 100% results. It has that sticky shiny feeling of witch hazel, so beware if you dont like that stickiness. I dont like it either but I just want some results and it seems like its working.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went for a facial yesterday at a local spa that uses these products as well as a very few other hand-picked high-quality natural skin care lines. Anyway, I was thrilled with my basic facial which included the following CosMedix products: Pure Enyzymes mask along with the Benefit Prep afterward, and the Reflect physical sunblock(SPF 30). As many MUAers on the skincare board know, I have had my challenges with sensitive skin and not being able to use sunblocks, but I think I've found the HG although be it on the expensive side(will have to see how long the bottle lasts - LOL! I LOVED the feel and look of my skin after the Pure Enzymes mask! I bought the Reflect, and the Pure Enzymes to start with, on the esthetician's recommendations(she also recommended the Benefit Balance, which I believe I'm going to go back and get soon as this would be a valuable addition. I wore Reflect yesterday and today, and usually by now I would notice if a sunblock was going to give me problems, but with this one, I don't even know I have it on that's how light and natural it feels on the skin(excellent for us sensitive skin types). Will keep you updated on these finely-formulated products and how my skin responds to them.