November 27, 2014 | 1477 users online

Deodorants - Avon - Quelch Whitening Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Cream

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 8:16:00 AM More reviews by stefleaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

*This review was listed previously under the category of "Feelin' Fresh Whitening Deodorant". It has been brought to my attention, however, that Avon makes a whitening deodorant in a roll-on form that is also called Feelin' Fresh. That product is different from the Quelch deodorant cream that I thought the category pertained to. As such, I am re-posting this review in a new category.*

~~~~~

LOVE IT!!! This is the Holy Grail of gentle, non-shirt-staining deodorants. I'm so glad I found this, and I'll probably be the first to complain if Avon ever discontinues this product. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Over the years, I've tried different kinds of deodorants... Secret, Suave, Rexona, Arm & Hammer, and God knows what else. For starters, I never liked the feeling of my skin being slightly tugged when I'd pull the deodorant stick across my underarms. I also detested the ugly yellow residue that those deodorant sticks would leave on my shirts; they look especially nasty on sleeveless white shirts. They're very hard to remove, even if you try scrubbing them off with powerful laundry detergents. And sometimes, removing the deodorant from your skin while in the shower can prove to be just as difficult! I found that the Secret Platinum Protection deodorant was especially notorious for that. I literally had to scrub my underarms like my life depended on it, just to get the layer of deodorant off.

Another annoying effect of those deodorant sticks was that my underarms also became a little darker. At first, I thought this was an effect of the new hormones that are associated with puberty. After all, I began using deodorant sticks the moment I hit puberty. I didn't think there was anything I could do about it the skin darkening, and I certainly didn't suspect that my deodorant could be the culprit.

However, once I tried the Avon Feelin' Fresh (Quelch) whitening deodorant cream, I noticed a gradual change in my skin tone. It became fairer, softer, and smoother. (The birch extract in the product is said to whiten skin, and the chamomile is said to bleach hair). I found it easier to shave, since I had less irritated skin bumps. My shirts were also happy, since there was no longer any deodorant residue. I also enjoyed applying the cream gently with my fingertip.

I suppose the only tiny downside to using a deodorant cream like Feelin' Fresh is that you have to wait a few minutes for the cream to settle and dry in your skin. You can't put on your shirt right away. However, I've found that this cream dries faster than roll-on deodorants. And so far, it's the best deodorant that I've ever stumbled upon. Definitely HG material!

As of today, I don't think Avon carries this product in the US. I think it's only available in Asian countries like the Philippines, where I live. :( I wonder why. Anyway, here's a list of the ingredients:

Water, glyceryl stearate, propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, stearyl stearate, laureth 23, dimethicone, palmitamidopropyl, dimethylamine, citric acid, fragrance, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, betula alba extract, angelica acutiloba root extract continued >>