September 17, 2014 | 1266 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Stilife Paint

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best eyeshadow primer ever!!! I use this as a base before applying my smoky eye shadow and it is FLAWLESS. The shimmery champagne color is beautiful by itself but I personally like darker eyes. When using a darker brown on my lids, the color seems to be amplified and a subtle shimmer peeks through underneath. I have used this color for years and I don't plan on stopping.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by shady74

Before primers came along I wore this shadow every single day as a base as it was the ONLY thing that didn't crease on my deepset eyelids. A gorgeous, pinky champagne shimmer, works on its own for a light look, or can be used as a base for building colour. I've tried other cream shadows but nothing touches this. Nothing! I pray Mac never gets rid of it as I don't know what I would do!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by brightcrystal10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful shimmery champagne/peachy/pink colour on my skin tone, which is PERFECT for any neutral eye look (am yet to try it with any other eye look!). I find it a little messy to apply - I always seem to get it on my nose, but that is just careless application on my part. I like the packaging, although when I take the lid off, product just seems to come piling out, which can be a waste. However, I haven't experienced creasing with this product like I usually do with cream products on the eye area, but maybe this is because I wear a primer underneath any way?
On the whole, the absolute beauty of this colour far outweighs any negatives, and I'd recommend every one to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Great base for creating a nice 'pop' to your eyeshadows. It even transformed my cheap Revlon pink eyeshadow from sheer to bold- impressive! I also like the 'paint tube' packaging, as an artist I really appreciate the artistic touch. The base itself is a soft pearly champagne charged to the max with silver shimmer. It is beautiful on my light/medium yellow warm under tone skin.

However, there are a two flaws with this product. For (1) it is difficult to get an even application. I have to use a 'pat on' motion with my finger tip to make it appear even, otherwise it will look blotchy. (2) Even though this is considered a base, it still requires a eye shadow base to stay in place otherwise it fades away after 6 hours of wear. Perhaps this is only the case for people who have somewhat oily lids- like myself.

Despite it's flaws, it does not diminish how beautiful my eyeshadows look. It really adds a boost of vibrancy and brings out the depth of the colours on my lids.
Happy Shopping!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by PrettyPenny86

I have and will always adore MAC paints. Sure I've dabbled into the Paint Pots, but my first love is the paints. I use shadesticks (still) and love those and paints alike. Stilife is just the perfect color for any type of shimmery shadow. I love this and I'm on my 2nd or 3rd tube already, whilst still using Bare Study PP :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I am on my second tube of this and simply love it. I wear it as a base with other shadows or alone on days when I am just wanting a fast but pretty eye look. The color with the touch of shimmer compliments my brown eyes and is just barely dark enough to show. You do have to be careful when using the tubes or you can easily get too much product, but this is a must have MAC product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by deenzdeen

MY HG EYE SHADOW BASE!! I use this EVERY SINGLE DAY with my shadows. I apply UDPP and then whatever shadows I use, from neutrals,mattes, shimmers....it brightens the eye and makes any dull lifeless shadow pop!! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS IN YOUR COLLECTION...YOU MUST GO AND BUY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by briannedahlin

As I have said before with the paint tubes - it leaves a lot to be desired for packaging. But for a product - it's one of my favorite MAC products.

Stilife is my "every day" product. It makes a great base for a range of shades but as with other MAC paints, I prefer to wear it alone. It's a beautiful shimmery neutral that is flattering and easy to work with. If I am not wearing it by itself, I wear it with a little chocolate brown pigment in the crease. Beautiful and versatile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I have about 40 "tube" cream shadows between MAC Paints, LM Metallic Eye Colors, Clinique Touch Tints, etc .. and Stilife just kind of gets lost in my stash periodically. And then when I least expect it .. it just kinda jumps out at me. Stilife is a really stunning champagne/ivory kind of color with shimmer. It's a great base shade worn alone, or used underneath just about any of their neutrals like Phloof, Nylon, Shroom or Ricepaper. Stilife is highly shimmery, so I do have to use a light hand with this. One of the few MAC paints I've actually been able to finish and had to re-purchase. A great paint that everyone should own!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

You are hearing it right with a little goes a long way with this. I applied the tiniest amount to my finger this morning and it was more than enough for both eyelids plus another. The formula really spreads out well on the skin, it thins out very easy, didn't dry out my skin and it's very pretty.

As for the priming effect I've read about, I have the oiliest eyelids perhaps known to woman. But this held up better than any other primer I've tried, and I've tried a lot. I checked it at 5-6 hours and it was good but at 8 hours the oil had broken the barrier :( But still that's still great for me! I love this color and think it's a fantastic formula. Being my first MAC product I have been tempted and will definitely be checking out more of their line! Thank you MAC for a wonderful product!