Frederic Fekkai Glossing Sheer Shine Mist

3.7

Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Cyclopentasiloxane , Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyacrylamide, Olive Glycerides, Synthetic Wax, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-67, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Bismuth Oxychloride, Panthenol, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Laureth-7, Fragrance/Parfum, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 10 (CI 47005).

on 6/2/2014 3:29:00 PM

This did give my hair a certain glossiness however I grew tired of the scent and I believe that the high amount of alcohol was one of the factors leading to the dried out mess my hair is now in.

I have fine hair that has a tendency to be greasy and thin at the roots and puffy and dry at the ends. The help this gave only appeared to be superficial.

on 3/3/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot BELIEVE that I spent $27 on this. What was
I thinking? I have been looking for a spray hair gloss and when I spritzed this on in at Dillards, it looked great. Because of that I was willing to overlook the loud scent. However when I got home, my hair looked dull, limp, oily, and lifeless. Do not waste your money on this! Back to the store it goes.

on 2/7/2012 9:20:00 PM

I have straight, fine-ish hair, but a lot of it. So I figured a shine spray would be okay as long as it was lightweight. Did some research and came up with Pureology as a good bet--but couldn't find it anywhere. I tried the Frederic Fekkai in the store and it was nice and light--so I bought it. The second time I used it, the pump broke and dropped into the bottle. Not that big a deal--there's always a dud in every batch--but I've got to say the shine the spray adds is pretty minimal. I really notice very little difference at all. The scent is overwhelming, also. BUT, I gave it a 3 because it is light weight and not greasy.

I did not want to commit so I bought the 1.7 once travel size from Ulta that retails for 9$. I'm certain it will last many months and is travel safe. Packaging is cute-you know exactly how much is left. The scent is light and fresh. Maybe a olive oil/cucumber-y scent.it's not my usual but I like it. Now the gloss factor- for a lightweight shine spray it sprays evenly and is glossing on my jet black hair. Is it disco shine? No but it's natural and appropriate and buildable. For a super shine look I recommend Ion brilliance aerosol shine spray from Sally Beauty supply in the US for 6$. The great thing about this is it cuts down my products when traveling. Instead of moroccan oil and Alterna beach spray and other products I just pack this. I can focus extra on ends to smooth, tame humid hair and add shine without sacrificing body or my hair style falling. I'll probably stick with this product.

on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the small bottle at a discounted price. Tried it for the first time today. My thick curly unruly hair was in an up-do and just a light mist of this fine spray was ideal to give it a light gloss and tame the flyaways and give the style some hold. This is a healthier alternative to hair spray which tends to be too drying. Just be careful to use it sparingly, and not too close and I wouldn't use it every day, there is a small amount of alcohol. It's good if they ends of your hair are a little dry, avoid spraying near the roots. It seems to be almost unscented, the smell is of olive oil. I like that it won't clash with my perfume. Another reviewer wrote that no oils penetrate hair but that isn't true. According to research, there are three oils that penetrate and strengthen the hair shaft. They are coconut oil, avocado oil and olive oil. So look for products with any of these ingredients. Several of the Fekkai range contain these oils. I will definitely repurchase this product as the small bottle is a handy size for travel, and only a little is needed so will last a long time.

on 9/17/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this product after careful research because I wanted something that made my hair shine after using setting spray and for the last week before having my hair colour touched up. I love this product, most of all, I should say, because of the light fresh scent.
It makes my coloured, sprayed hair shine and does not interfer with the styling. I use it mostly at that point when roots start showing and the salon shine starts fading. It's excellent and I will repurchase.

on 6/30/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I have long, but really frizzy hair that tends to look dull after i style it but when i spray this on, it gives it a really nice shine and it doesn't get heavy or greasy. And as far as the smell goes, I think it's very fresh and clean smelling. It is kind of an off scent but i like it. It's not fruity or anything like that. Love it.

on 6/12/2011 2:17:00 AM

Wow this smells really bad. I can't even say how well it works because the few times I've tried it, the smell bothers me so much that I put a lot of product on top to mask it.

on 8/22/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love loved this.
My only problem with it was the price.
I have long, thick hair, and usually dont have a problem with it at all.
But this product gives my hair that extra pick-me up shine and healthy look to it when you've partied out the night before.

on 7/6/2010 8:34:00 PM

I love this product! I have fine blonde hair, and this makes it shiny and controls frizz without weighing it down. I personally spray a little on my hands and run it over my hair from the ears down- be careful not to use too much! In terms of the smell, I'm pretty sure the oil in this and the glossing cream can go rancid and smell awful if you have it a long time (especially in a hot place, like a car). This happened to my glossing cream and I had to throw it away, so I would recommend getting the smaller size so it doesn't go bad before you use all of it.

Top Rated Frederic Fekkai Products