December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Laventine Botanical Facial Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this new addition to the line, for a few months now. It is perfect for removing residual cleansing oil or for the morning wash. The fragrance is not overwhelming, but a very soft lavender/aromatherapy scent. Just like all their other products, it's very gentle, and does not over-dry or cause break-outs.
Update: Seems to be discontinued or not being re-stocked by the company. Anyways, too drying and irritating. I have moved on to Cellex-C Betaplex gentle cleansing milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by maritesRN

I just received this product this morning and so far so good. Shipping was quick (8 days) and I live in Canada. I used this in the morning barefaced and found that it smelled very nice and lathered us nicely too. My oily/combo skin didn't feel dry or tight either. I followed with the face oil and eye oil. I'll follow up in a few days for an update.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 1:11:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

This is LaV's newest addition to the line and so far I really like it. Comes in the same lockable pump dispenser as the cleansing oil, which I love, but wish they made a travel size tube. $25/8 oz. Only need 1-2 pumps for my entire face/neck. This is a white, gel-like, non-SLS cleanser infused with tons of good botanicals. Smells faintly of lavender, but isn't harsh (not a huge lavender fan and I find this pleasant). Makes my face feel really clean without feeling dry or taught. I use this after the cleansing oil most of the time at night, and in the morning I use only this. It should be noted it states "ideal for morning use and while you are not wearing waterproof makeup or sunblock". I've tried it on it's own, and it doesn't remove all my makeup the first time around, and I don't wear foundation. But it does an excellent job of removing all trace of the cleansing oil and I've always used something after that anyway (my skin is uber-oily) so this works well. I use either this or Dr H's milk cleanser. I feel like this cleanses a bit better, but doesn't leave my skin quite as soft and moistured as Dr. H, but I like the ingredient list and the way this smells better. Right now I'm on the fence which I like most and will make up my mind after I've used this one up completely.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate (gentle cleansing agent from coconut), Decyl Glucoside (mild foaming agent from corn), Sucrose Cocoate (gentle cleansing agent and emollient from sugar beets and coconut oil), Cocamide MIPA (mild foaming agent from coconut), Glyceryl MonoStearate (vegetable-based, moisturizing thickener and binder), Olive Oil, Rosehip Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Chamomile Flower Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cucumber Extract , Camellia (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Lavender Oil, Geranium Oil (anti-inflammatory, soothing), Emulsifying Wax NF (vegetable-based water-binding agent), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate (mild preservatives)