October 20, 2014 | 1621 users online

Skincare - Face - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Concentrate Recovery Boosting Treatment

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by anranavy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Has anyone found a product that can successfully replaced ARN Concentrate? It worked great for me but it has been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was discontinued. This works wonders on my skin, i use it once or twice a week, it clears my skin like nothing else and evens out my tone, hydrates, plumps. Do 't know why it was discontinued but i think estee lauder removed forms of retinol from their products, don't know if this is one of those, at least i can't find it in the ingredients.
    It's a great product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I prefer this to the regular ANR, which I feel does not make as much of a difference in my skin as this product does. This is by no means a miracle product for me but it is a good antioxidant serum. This is silkier, less sticky and nicer in texture than the regular ANR, and according to EL has more antioxidants and apparently " five times the amount of patented recovery complex" whatever that means when compared to the regular ANR. It is supposed to be used for 3 weeks and then you go back to using the regular ANR but I find that to be nonsense and prefer using this year round. I use this at night only because it will "roll" under make-up likely due to the silicone content.

I like using this when my skin is especially "stressed" looking with redness, uneven skin tone, dryness, tight feeling and/or broken out. I put this on at night and by morning my skin feels so much better. Soft and the redness and irritation is gone. I notice some blemished areas just "peel" right off in a sheet of what looks like flaking skin (gross, I know). It helps with breakouts a lot. Usually after I've put this on pimples they go away in a matter of 2 days but redness and size are significantly reduced after one application, and for me works better than applying benzoyl peroxide. It doesn't say anything about being for acne on the serum /box/instruction but I find it really does help.

Around the eyes I have noticed this brightens, and softens the appearance of fine lines and hydrates the skin. Basically what any good serum should do.

Although the price is a bit outrageous for such a small amount (30mL was the only size available when I purchased this - not sure if this had changed) I'm experimenting with other serums. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, I feel the price is out of line but it does work well. I would recommend this to anyone who has troubled skin - breakouts, dryness, aging in general - it is a good antioxidant serum if you want to spend this kind of money. As always - best to get a sample first so you can judge whether or not this will work with your skin type.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this product yet. Apparently there was a time when I had enough money to buy this little gem (unfortunately, that time is now over). I did not expect this product to change my skin, I was just hoping for a good antioxidant serum. But boy, was I surprised, because this product did change my skin. My skin is very sensitive and prone to redness. I bought this while travelling for 8 months through Southeast Asia and the Middle East, where my skin was reacting to the different climates a lot. I had dry patches, blemishes, dry skin, oily skin, and sometimes a combination of all those things at the same time. Until I tried this product, which dramatically changed the texture and appearance of my skin. I do not believe in miracle products, but this one is very close. It calmed my skin, eliminated the dry patches and made my skin texture and color more even. It also balanced out the oiliness and dryness that my skin was experiencing. It didn't make the blemishes disappear overnight, but did help with the healing process. I absolutely loved this product and I would love to buy it again. Unfortunately, it is very expensive, and I can't justify spending this much money on a skincare product right now. I have also just found out that it will be discontinued (why are all products I love being discontinued?!). I have used the original Advanced Night Repair and enjoyed it a lot, but the results were nowhere near as dramatic as the results I have experienced with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THIS SAVED MY SKIN!!! I will never be without this product or Estee Lauder's regular Advanced night repair. This concentrate formula is meant to be used every 3 or 4 months for about 21 days at a time, then you're suppose to use the regular Advanced night repair every night in between. My skin was suffering from this cold winter he in MN, and this made my skin so healthy, so comfortable, so radiant, ahhh....love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by papillonfr

I really dont understand the rave reviews. I bought this as I was positive that based on all the hype, it would solve my skin issues - dry patches, enlarged pores, and hyperpigmentation. In fact using this has made my skin worse and after 2 weeks of use, alone and under moisturiser, I have 3 new spots and my pores look even more enlarged. In fact, my skin looks very muddy. In some ways I am quite glad, as this stuff was so expensive! it means I wont be tempted to buy this again, I definitely wont be buying this again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy crap. I recently ran out of my Avene Micellar water and replaced it with Lancome's version out of curiosity, but unfortunately my skin has been super oily ever since and I've been having some breakouts. Unfortunately I also ran out of my regular ANL serum at the same time. So I went to the shop to get some, but it was sold out! All they had was this concentrated version. I had been meaning to try that anyway, so I decided to go for it... I used it for the first time last night (under my normal moisturiser) and today I woke up with calm, plump skin!

Gonna have to see how I fare in the long run because this stuff has silicone in it and I'm very prone to breakouts... Will update later.

Edit 20 June 2012:

OK, so I'm about to finish the 3 week stint. My skin is definitely back to normal! Looks pretty good again. I'm not sure how much of a difference there really is with the normal ANR serum (which I'm a big fan of) but it does work. Going back to my normal serum now. Will start using this again if I ever upset my skin for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I never tried the original and went straight for this concentrated version. I never thought a non prescription product would make much of a differnece in my skin, save some products for acne, but not aging. Well, I was wrong and now have an expensive habit as this lasts maybe two months. It is awesome and I don't know what it's preventing but it is working now, too. I just see better skin. I tried not using it for a week and there was a definite change, more dark spots, etc. It's not botox and it won't make lines disappear but the overall texture of my facial skin is greatly improved with this product. It is a preferred serum by Paula Begoin, and she is very critical of anything but her own line, so I am staying with it. I do need to try the regular though for just the purpose of saving money,

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I mix this with the original night repair serum to give my skin an extra boost. It helps my skin heal faster, seems to prevent breakouts and helps my skin stay hydrated overnight. Since adding this to my regime my skin has gotten happier and healthier.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kewpiegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this serum for about 2 years now and before that I used the regular Advanced Night Repair. It's pricey and it feels lovely on my skin which is quite sensitive and normal/combination with a few fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead. I haven't noticed my lines lessening but it was always sold to me as a preventitive product in that it neutralizes free radicals and prevents environmental damage from occurring and I've continued to use it because my mum, who's 69 has used the original ANR for years and years and has the most amazing skin for someone her age which she credits partly to good genes and staying out of the sun and partly to her Lauder products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No