Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau; Butylene Glycol; Biosaccharide Gum-1; Cyclodextrin; Salicylic Acid; Panicum Miliaceum (Millet Plant) Glyco-Protein Extract; Aloe Barbadensis Powder; Arginine; PEG-10 Soy Sterol; Ceteth-20-Dimethicone-Ceteth-2; BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane; Cetyl Alcohol; Phenoxyethanol; Green 5 (CI 61570); Yello 10 (CI 47005)

on 7/21/2015 10:04:00 AM

I love this product! I've had so much trouble in the past battling breakouts, excess oil, dry peeling skin etc etc and I can easily say this is the first product I've used that has shown immediate results and STAYED effective. Packaging was simple and I like the simplicity of my 6.7 oz bottle. The only peeve might be that initially it can make my skin look slightly oily but if I give it a few minutes I'm good to go. I love that it's gentle enough to use every day, especially because I have very sensitive skin. I'm not too familiar with Clinique products and the other products from this line have pretty poor reviews so I decided to stick to my gentle Cetaphil cleanser, but I'm reconsidering now because of how much I've loved this lotion!

Pros:
*Feels refreshing, not too expensive($13 for 6.7 ounces.)
Cons:
*The Ph level of the salicylic acid isn't effective, therefore, it won't exfoliate your skin.
*The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. It's like pouring toner out of a water bottle. No control of how much comes out!This results in a lot of unnecessary waste.
*I don't think it helps my skin. It certainly doesn't help with my forehead acne, although I have been using it on my chest and shoulders as a preventative measure after showering.
Note: The packaging says "lotion," but this is inaccurate. It is a dual-phase, watery toner with obvious aloe leaf powder particles in it.

on 7/1/2015 6:26:00 PM

This product is downright cheap in Canada, and I like it. I went to Paula's Choice and have selected only her "best" rated products for my skin care (cleanse, exfoliate with this, tone with clinique even better essence lotion for dry skin, and sunscreen and retinol and an aha now. Geez lol but it's not expensive if you choose the right brands. And this product will last me forever, like a year with the amount I use daily. :D

on 6/23/2015 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Must be the only person this doesn't work for. Decided to pay the retail price in Australia ($36) because of all the good reviews and promised results, however now strongly regret it. Did not see any difference with this whatsoever. The cap is very annoying, because the hole in the bottle pours out so much product. Obviously you could pour in onto a pad, but I tried that and it wasted too much product compared to pouring onto hands. The layers in this product also appear to separate over time, despite keeping in a cool cupboard and not exposed to light. It smells strange too, not bad but not enticing. Overall this simply had no effect on my skin on my face, or on my legs and arms. Regretful purchase.

on 5/23/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

PRICE - Bought this for $16 Canadian dollars before taxes. It lasts a 3-4 months, so amortized over that time ($4 per month), it's not bad.

PACKAGING - It's just good enough, but not spectacular. Clinique chose to go with a regular/traditional open mouth and cap dispenser. Problematic: the amount I use each time is inconsistent since there's little control in dispensing. You have to turn the bottle upside down to catch the liquid on your cotton pad. It's just all left to gravity and your fine-motor skills. Instead, they could use a spray dispenser or pump.

PRODUCT - Used intermittently over 5 years. Notice that my skin looks more lush and luminous with this, especially after a lazy skincare week. It's gentle for my sensitive skin (Eczema). Fragrance is gentle. It's a BHA exfoliant with just the right PH balance, according to Paula's Begoun. I'm dealing with hormonal adult acne at 28 and although it's difficult to quantify how well this exfoliates, I like the brightness it adds to my face. I will repurchase.

on 4/21/2015 7:59:00 AM

I had no idea that this product existed until seeing it on Caroline Hirons' blog. I'd written off the entire Clinique range other than the cleansing balm. Anyway this mild clarifying lotion is fantastic as a daily mild exfoliant. No stinging or burning, and it keeps my skin feeling very smooth, soft and clear. I use it after double cleansing, soaked into a cotton pad and swipe all over my face, followed by serum/oil/moisturiser.

on 4/19/2015 9:10:00 AM

I am experiencing adult hormonal acne. I wanted a low amount of bha with a low ph to exfoliate. This is it. My skin looks so radiant and clear. It's just perfect. So funny, a review below mentioned the sales girls will try to give you a bottle with a # on it or make a snarky remark if you ask for this one. And that's exactly what happened. I held up the bottle from the display and said "I'll take one of these please" and She rings me up for one with a #4 on it. And I said, "No, this one" and she says "Oh! You want really mild huh?" in a terse way. LOL WTH? This stuff rocks! : )

on 4/19/2015 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I thought I would hate this, after reading the reviews. But honestly, my sensitive roseatic skin likes it a lot. I clicked I would repurchase, but I'm truly on the fence between repurchasing this product, and using a mix of Reviva rosewater and Thayer's witch hazel with rosewater.

The packaging doesn't bother me; at least it's not in a glass bottle and it's easy to control the amount on a cotton ball. The price is not outrageous, but still a bit more than mixing 2 inexpensive ingredients (if you haven't tried the mix, you might want to-- good for dry, sensitive skin, and the pure rosewater make a nice refresher for skin and hair). It has no strong scent, and feels soothing when applied. For taking off the last remains of makeup, it certainly works well.

on 12/20/2014 1:20:00 AM

I like how clean my skin feels after I wipe a cotton of this on it. Fresh and clean. Makes my sebaceous filaments less visible. Love this stuff. Wish it had a pump though. Don't like the packaging

on 11/26/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Until this product, I was firmly in the 'toner is an extra, wasted step' camp. Now, in my attempts to step up my game, it is an essential part of my routine.
This product was recommended to me as an alcohol free, BHA toner to gently brighten, exfoliate and refine without bombing my skin. I had heard the stories about Clinique's toners laying waste to skin, so was nervous but shouldn't have been.
First, this product needs to be shaken before use. No biggie. And there is really no smell to speak of, certainly no reek of alcohol as with other Clinique toners.
I use this with cotton pads, and the upward sweep they teach. It is mild enough not to sting my skin but I still see residue on the pad occasionally, so it is not too mild to be not doing it's job. I haven't had any irritation and I do use it right up around my eyes. I have also started sweeping this down onto my neck and decolletage; at my age, it can't hurt!

Has my skin been magically transformed, no; but my skin seems clearer and my products are absorbing better than before. I have eased off my usual cleansing scrubs as this seems to do enough of a job exfoliating on it's own.
The price is quite reasonable at $17 CDN; I get about 3 months out of a bottle using it AM and PM. I also time the purchases to coincide with their GWP, so that's a nice bonus. I now have plenty of travel tubes of DDML and haven't bought a new lipstick in 6 months.
My only beef is that this toner is never offered as part of a promo set and only comes in the smaller bottle. The bottle is great and sturdy for travel but for home use, an economy size would be nice. And buying this at the mall sucks.