Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

I love this DIY Yogurt Mask and I used it at least once a week or whenever i want an instant glow to my skin. It's anti-aging and also helps to heal acne and fade acne scars. It's easy, quick and affordable. All you need is plain yogurt or plain greek yogurt. Check out my Youtube DIY Yogurt mask video and let me know how you like it :) xoxo

This is my staple DIY face mask.

I have a medium fair complexion that tans very easily especially on my forehead. My mother asked me to use this as a detan and glow pack. And it worked wonders!

I mix the yogurt with a few drops of lemon juice and honey. To this mixture I add a pinch of turmeric powder/ raw turmeric and 2-3 crushed saffron stamens. I keep the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours before applying. I keep this on for half an hour. If I want an exfoliating scrub, I mix about half a tsp of lentil or oats powder to it and then scrub it off with a washcloth.

I used to be MAC NC40 - NC 42 before. After 2 months of religious skin care routine and 3 times a week yogurt mask application I am now NC 30!!! No more hideous tan on my forehead.....

Boy!! Do I love this mask or what??

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this one, I really did. I had a couple of nasty, cystic pimples on my face and was in search of a mild, natural remedy. This mask had great reviews and what could be easier than slathering some yogurt on your face... So, I tried it.

To my surprise, my existing pimples were redder and angrier the day after using the mask. Additionally, I found my skin to feel tight and a little itchy immediately after washing off the yogurt. I've never had any issues with dairy or lactose before, but apparently my skin is not a fan.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I swear this not only brightens your face and moisturizes but it is good for acne too! Last summer when I had extreme acne breakouts on my chest I put yogurt on it 3 times a day and within a week it all diminished. So I use this mask religiously on my face as well because I had encorporated yogurt in my routine when I was suffering from acne a year ago! Love it. I just use organic yogurt not mixed with anything because I am lazy lol. Leave on for 20 minutes! I used to mix with lemon or lime or honey but now I mix my honey mask with lemon :)

For glowing skin, I use a mask made from Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of Vitamin C powder, but normally I just slather it on the way it is and wash it off in 10-15 min. My skin is combination, sensitive... this mask makes it simply glow and helps with blemishes and also dry patches. I do not use 0% Fat, probably why it is hydrating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, this didn't work for my acne. Didn't think it would. Lactic acid hasn't been shown to work on acne (have you seen any anti-acne products featuring lactic acid lately? Nope.) Products with lactic acid are marketed towards dry, flaky skin (sometimes aging skin, too). And that's exactly what a plain old yogurt mask is good for. The lactic acid eats through the dead flakes that make your skin feel rough, and leave a smoother, more even-toned surface. The cold from the fridge helps with any redness or irritation. The fat in the yogurt is a natural moisturizer (you can feel the film it leaves behind, if you wash off the mask with just plain water). It makes a visible difference. However, after about two hours, my face goes back to normal (slightly oily, slightly clogged, slightly red, not too bad).

I use this mask whenever I manage to burn my face through the overuse of benzoyl peroxide and/or salicylic acid treatments (things that actually DO work for acne, but beware overdoing them). Yogurt essentially resets the skin, bringing it to a clearer, more moisturized, calmer state. It's an aid to a skincare routine, but it shouldn't be the center of a skincare routine.

I really do like yogurt, I do. I remember forever ago I did a plain yogurt, coconut water, and honey mask and it was absolutely lovely. I was going in for an acting interview and I wanted my skin to look good. My skin looked great, but unfortunately they pushed me towards the modeling area, which I had zero interest in.
Otherwise, I just use plain Greek. It's a bit easier to apply because it's thicker. When I was suffering a mad acne breakout because I quit my birth control pill and I was dumb enough to try using coconut oil as a moisturizer, the yogurt wasn't very effective. But now that my skin has calmed down a lot, I'm willing to start this up again. The yogurt hasn't ever bothered my skin, and I love doing masks, especially DIY's. Obviously do a patch test if you're leery of having an adverse reaction. If all goes well, I suggest giving it a shot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to mask when my skin has a reaction to something. It is just so soothing on my skin! When my skin is having a reaction I'll put anything cold on it...so I'm not sure if it's the yogurt or the coldness of it. Either way it works!

Was using this for a really long time now.
Just a few suggestions:

I find using ground oats (i just buy oat flour) make a lot less mess and give better results. I usually mix oats into a yogurt and refrigerate for at least 2h. I make one batch and use it multiple times. Seems like the longer oats absorbing the yogurt the better the result. The mask has cooling effect and calms down redness very well.

You can add backing soda to this mix for extra exfoliation or honey for smoothing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

DIY masks are fun because they give you the perfect excuse to smash edibles all over your face like a dumb child, but with benefits!

I like to do this each Sunday night. Just whip it up, glop it on, and live life as normal for the next 15 minutes. Except more luxuriously, because even the most mundane life experience is ten times more luxurious when you have yogurt smeared all over your face. Right? It's funny how that works. (I think I'll call this a "masque" instead of a "mask" now, because "masque" looks a lot fancier.)

So after 15 minutes has passed and I'm finished drinking tea, or listening to music, or scrolling through endless pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal's dreamy face (or all three), I rinse off my ~masque~ with lukewarm water, pat my face dry and slather on my night cream.

The ~masque~ noticeably brightens up my complexion, and even the act of putting it on + letting it work its magic is very relaxing. It's a wonderful self-care thing. Whenever I have a bad day and I'm feeling down on myself, I make myself this masque. It always makes me feel a lot better, and more confident, and more worthy of nice things. So, not only does it benefit your skin, it benefits your soul too.

Instant goddess, just add yogurt!

Popular Masks