April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Blush - Laura Geller - Blush-n-Brighten in Golden Apricot

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice blush! Beautiful color. Very pigmented, use a very light hand when picking up product. Will last forever, so most likely will not need to repurchase, but would if I ran out. This is the 3rd LG blush I own and all are fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mermanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Overall, I love the healthy glow that this product gives me with just a bit of shimmer. I had been wanting to try a blush that leaned towards apricot/peach, but wasn't ready to jump into something that seemed more dramatic like Tarte's Blissful or Tipsy. This turned out to be exactly the color I was looking for. An apricot glow that still managed to look natural on my very fair complexion. A little goes a long way -- I'll rebuy when the time comes, but this is a ton of product. I haven't made a dent in it yet and I have been using it for months.

As with most Laura Geller products, the packaging leaves much to be desired in terms of aesthetics -- but it does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand where people are getting anything with this blush compared to Orgasm by nars. This blush is sooo beyond that.

This is a sunkissed beach with goddess glitter and glow. Get yourself an amazing tan and pop this on your cheeks. Nothing is more flattering. This is the best blush I own... and I own a TON of high end blush.

Price - I think it came in a baked kit of some kind. I like that lauras products come in kits. Kits make it easy to create looks and you get more bang for your bucks.

Quality is top notch.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this to replace my nars orgasm. but this one was really sparkly too. now im using mac early morning.

UPDATE:
i depotted this and pressed it into a different pan. i placed it in my mac blush palette.... i used this one instead of early morning by accident and i loved the way it looked with my new beauty balm! i guess i will be using this again for the summer! *^_^*

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must admit I was rather wishy-washy about getting Laura Geller's Blush-n-Brighten blushes at first. Three weeks later, I revisited the idea and finally gave in. Boy, am I ever glad I did! Her BnB blushes are absolutely gorgeous, simply put. I have tried Golden Apricot and also purchased Apricot Berry and Pink Grapefruit at the same time. Golden Apricot is so completely stunning, flattering and captivating that it's all I keep picking up ever since it came into my possession. I haven't given equal opportunity and attention to the other two BnB's, sadly.

First off, Golden Apricot is one of those swirly type of blushes, comprising a glowy satiny tanned gold and a coral pink. It's exactly the color you'd imagine a sun-drenched apricot to be. I'd put this one in the warm family, but I really think it works for everyone as I'm cool-toned and somehow it still works its warm-toned magic on my cool-toned face. This shade is universally flattering and relevant. It's pretty enough in the pan but completely comes alive and knocks your socks off once applied to cheeks. It gives your face this luminous and healthy sunkissed glow that makes you look like you just spent two weeks on a Caribbean island. I can't praise this baby enough - she is as beautiful as they come!

It's a bit pricey but I got mine from eBay for a decent price so I saved some bucks by not having to pay retail. Also, despite the higher price point, the amount you get for the price is enormous (0.32 oz. / 9 grams)! One blush should last you for a long time. I loved this first one so much I got four more different colors just last night even though I haven't touched the other two yet. I am so glad I finally gave this line a chance, it's definitely a sleeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Golden Apricot is beautiful to look at, and I like my makeup to be pretty. This blush looks much darker in the pan than it comes out on my skin, no matter what brush I use, if I use my fingertips, or if I use a flocked sponge. For me, it's more of a brightener than a blush. I use this the way fairer skinned users can apply BeneFit Georgia (which looks white on my skin) to add a warm peachy glow. If I want to use this as blush, however, it's close, but not quite. If I try to layer it in order to get more pigment, instead I seem to get shimmer instead of the soft-focus glow I get from Apricot Berry and Boysenberry. This is one of those frustrating products that looks fantastic on the back of my hand but looks completely different, and not so good, on my face, (sound familiar, Coralista?) Apricot Berry turned out to be what I wanted Golden Apricot to be. I probably won't repurchase this, but I do enjoy using it under foundation or mixed with foundation to add a little warmth to my skin when I'm turning green from lack of sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this for myself last summer when I had the red thing on my head.. and it was stunning.

I wore this almost all summer, sometimes adding a bit or pink blush and some pinky/coral lip gloss. It is a great color especially for redheads and honey blondes.

Love this product and will always have one on hand. The LG packaging is a bit puny but again, this is something one can overlook for such a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Obviously, this Laura Geller blush is gorgeous! I absolutely love the packaging, how pretty it looks in it's container, beautiful! It goes on very nice, swept across the cheeks, and looks very nice on my fair skin :) I am not sure if i will be re-purchasing this particular one, i will probably try another shade, but over all i am i huge fan of the Laura Geller blush-n-brighten line, you should try it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by crumblingImages

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brand sold me on the idea of a “baked cosmetic”. It was difficult to choose a shade but in the end, I chose the only one available at the time from www.beauty.com. I expected a golden pinkish hue…instead, I got all pink with just a itsy bitsy teeny weeny hint of gold. Boo! The pink is cute; it’s perfect for summer. I need two or three swipes across the cheek just for the color to show up on my skin. To give you some idea, I’m the same complexion as model Tyra Banks. It’s not a bad blush. Perhaps a different color would have been better. From the looks of the container, this blush will last well over a year. At least I got my money’s worth. Once it’s done, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This adds a nice glow if you use a light touch. Using it as you would a regular blush is a little frustrating because it really changes according to the light. What looks right in my house can look like too much or not enough elsewhere, and it can be way too shiny in certain lights. I'll keep this but probably wouldn't buy again.