September 2, 2014 | 1942 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Brush-on Cream Liner Smoke Grey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by stacymonique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will agree with other reviewers that this is the sheerest and least pigmented of all of the Clinique brush-on cream liners (i have all 4) and as a liner I would not repurchase it. HOWEVER, if you have already purchased it, all is not lost because it makes a lovely cream eyeshadow! I apply it just like any other cream shadow and the sheerness, combined with the neutral taupe color make for a very natural and pretty look that for me lasts all day without budging (i have very oily eyelids but use MAC painterly paint pot as an eye lid primer). It also looks great with the Clinique brush-on liner in either dark brown or black used as a liner. So, before you return it, swap it, or throw it away try it as an eyeshadow and see how beautiful it can be used in an alternative way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

Purshased this last week hoping it would finally be the one! Sadly, no! The quality is worst than Maybeline. The color is perfect but stays on intact barely 1 hour for me. I smudges is a weird way. I have to apply more after curling my lashes because the lash curler lifts it up. Realy the worst so far. On to the next...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by srscott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so sad when Palladio discontinued their taupe liner, it was the best shade on me! (me - nc25, blonde hair, blue eyes) I have been looking for a taupe liner ever since. I have tried grays and browns but they just aren't as flattering on me. Then, as I was hopelessly perusing reviews, I saw people referring to this "smoke grey" as a taupe color. I immediately went out and purchased it. LOVE! This goes on easily, lasts forever, and is a perfect taupe! I love the color even more than my old fav! I definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is really poor quality, which is a shame as the colour is so lovely. As others have noted, it is very sheer and takes a few layers of application. Mac, Bobbi Brown and Maybelline all make superior gel liners. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first eyeliner since being a teenager! I wanted to try a liquid/cream and chose this, as there is no Mac or Bobbi Brown near me. The SA recommended this color. I had initially wanted to get the brown, however Im glad I chose this. I really like it so far. Your can go light or build. Stays put really well and I have a super moisturising foundation on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

Too sheer - less quality compared to MAC.
Update: it dried out a little and actually works fine. I use it for eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

I really like this product. I took one lippie off because it isn't opaque upon first swipe. But I love it. It looks more like a perfect neutral taupe brown to me than a grey. It works great on the light neutral makeup days where I want to line with anything that isn't black. I really enjoy Clinique's brush on liners... I just wish they came in more colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As other reviewers have mentioned this shade doesn't apply well. The pigment is to sheer when applied and you'll have to go over it a few times to get the color right. This just opens the door for issues of messing up and not have a continuous color all the way across your eye. Shame because I was really looking forward to this. The search for a perfect grey eyeliner continues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted the dark brown but didn't notice the SA grabbed this until I got home. I tried it anyway as, despite the name, it really looks more brown than grey. I don't like it. It's thin and watery and the color isn't flattering to me skintone or eye color. I took it back and exchanged for the dark brown I wanted all along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start out by saying that I a SA/MUA for Clinique. I have bought this product twice simply because it wears so very well and the color is a great neutral. Yes, I do agree with other reviews that it does not give a completely opaque line of color on the first application and you must go over it to get it fully opaque, but once you get the hang of it this wears like iron. It does not smudge or move at all. However, it does remove easily with eye makeup remover, without tugging.

The quality is excellent, the price can't be beat at $14.00 for the jar, and it lasts quite a long time. Also, this comes with a small application brush. While most MUA members probably have several eyeliner brushes, I find it nice that Clinique includes one with this product. The color is a taupe brown shade I wouldn't call it a true grey, but it's a great color for someone who finds black too harsh (especially us "cough" more mature *cough* MUAers). Available at Clinique counters everywhere.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No