September 23, 2014 | 1636 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Soft Lights (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

okay sorry if this is long I am a very detailed reviewer :-P so to start off I have the duo SPLIT/SECOND it contains two colours, one bronzer and one blusher.

packaging: The packaging is nice, It's not like an Omg this is so cute! Type of packaging but it is very classy and nice. I took a lippie off though because it has that rubbery finish on the plastic (kind of like the bareMinerals ready eyeshadow 2.0) I don't like this as much as the regular plastic packaging because I find the product sticks to it more and is harder to wipe off that the shiny smooth plastic. The other thing is I think it would be easier to use if the packaging was square shaped instead of the semi circle because it is hard to get the product evenly on your brush (if that makes sense) I don't want you to think the packaging is bad because it isn't I just give the full going over when i review :-)

Price: I am not too sure of the exact price as it was given to me but I know most of my smashbox products are a little more expensive than say my benefit ones

Pigmentation/ feel: the pigmentation in this product is beautiful it shows up amazingly well, one swipe and your done. The product is extremely velvety and soft, it has an amazing texture

Lasting Power: Like most Smashbox cosmetics, as they were invented for makeup artists, it has great lasting power *note* this is from a personal experience though and I do not have oily skin, I have dry skin so this may he different if you are oily

Overall: This is a great product and I will definatley be repurchasing when I hit pan.

Hope I was able to help you :-) <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased this from Sephora in "Shimmer". 10g of product is contained in a black pastic package with a clear screw off lid. Retail price is usually ~$30CAD. "Shimmer" is a lovely powder highlighter that applies slightly pinky and very frosted. Great for highlighting cheekbones and the brow bone. I use mine often and I've hardly put it a dent in it, not much product is needed for desired results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by chloebyoung

This product is a great, quick way to make your face look fabulous. It gives my skin a natural glow that hides blemishes and the colors go great with everything!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Ceelove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in under/cover. i like the blush. it isnt so pigmented which is great. i think it looks quite natural when i apply it on. the highlight side is nice but you dont want to apply to much cause it could look cakey. overall i like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this for 5 bucks at ulta which is the only reason i bought it. i cant afford to buy their makeup so when i saw this on special, i snatched it up without even looking. haha. i have it in under/cover. the color is ok, doesn't go on real dark. the highlighter has a lot of shimmer and can go on cakey. it might be because of my foundation and powder but i think there are a lot more affordable brands that look better. i'm a makeup junkie that just added another okay product to their stash.. err.. pile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I own two Smashbox Blush Duo's. They are absolutely amazing and wonderful blushes, they are long lasting, go on evenly, there is tons of product and the colors are perfect- I was lucky enough to recieve them in a swap. Smashbox and MAC are by far my favorite brands when it comes to blush. The first Duo I have is Under/Cover- its a really great duo if you want a really natural blush. The color 'Under' looks like a light, shimmery rosy color- it isn't to pigmented which is why I like it so much. The color gives you a nice glow without looking to bright or overdone. The second color 'Cover' is to me, more of a highlighter- it works super well because its a nice pale, shimmery light pink. I despise overly shimmery highlighters, this one is subtle and delicate.

The second Duo I have is 'Prism/Plush' this Duo is super pigmented and just gorgeous! The color 'Prism' is a light pink, it has little flecks of glitter in it in the pan, but it goes on Matte and it gives the most perfect, pink glow- it is by far one of the best pink blushes I have tried (and I have tried sooo many without ever finding anything that worked) ....the color really reminds me of Benefit's Dandelion, but more pigemented. The second color 'Plush' looks like a pink-ish beige color with just a hint of violet- its a hard color to explain, it could be used as a contour color, and looks stunning as an all over blush....its very earth toned, but it is a little hard to blend. All in all, Im super impressed and love both my Smashbox Duo's- I use them all the time and simply adore them :) for reference Im NC20-25 with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have this in "Style/Icon" Duo and I just love it, it's a pinky bronze with shimmer in one shade the other is more matte. I have such pale skin and I was worried this would be far to dark for me but it's not, I apply it lightly and it gives me just the right amount of soft colour and glow that lasts the whole day. . Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like the review before me, this review is for the Blush and Softlights Duo in Super/Model that was included in the Smashbox Beauty Resolutions kit and Runway Kit sold at Sephora & Ulta.

While I hated the eyeshadow palette and brushes that came in the kit, this blush duo is awesome. I bought the kit at least 6 months ago and tossed the blush in a drawer assuming the quality was as bad as the eyeshadows. I pulled it out this weekend and am amazed at how much I like it. One side of it is a tad glittery and light colored. It looks like it would be a decent highlight. The darker pink side is a perfect rosy pink color that just about anyone could wear. It reminds me of Wet n' Wild's dusty rose! Love it! It lasted througout an entire night at a hot sweaty crowded concert. Great stuff.

The only negative is that I can't stand Smashbox's blush containers. It's a pain to have a twist top. If you are in a hurry, you are in public and don't have a clean surface to set the blus on, you need a third hand. To open, hold the blush, and hold a brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Blush and Softlights Duo in Super/Model that was included in the Smashbox Beauty Resolutions kit sold at Sephora. The blush is a wonderful glowing but not quite shimmery dusty pink, the highlighter a champagne color. Both sides blend on beautifully, although the highlight should be used sparingly as it can be intense. I would buy this product again, likely in a different shade set, based on this experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I use the softlights in supermodel almost every single day. It gives me a great wash of color and I can use the shimmer/highlighter side to contor my cheek bones. Over all its great, but I'm still on the search for something more.