October 31, 2014 | 1644 users online

Powder - New York Color - Loose Face Powder - Translucent

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone with very fair skin, I feel as though I've tried every ds powder there is in a constant attempt to find one that doesn't turn a funky color on my skin, turn me into an oil slick or break me out or make my redness worse. I've found a few that I like, but this is probably my favorite.

The translucent is just lovely; it sets my foundation beautifully without making me look cakey. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to a nice airbrushed finish. There is no weirdly perfumed smell. I also find that I don't need to over apply to achieve a shine-free finish. That's probably part of the reason it's lasted me these many months. I believe I've had this container for five months, and I'm on the way to Target now for another.

All in all, I think I would call this my HG at the moment. Application can be a little messy, that's the only downside. But really, I'm purchasing a loose powder...it's going to be a little- you know- loose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-super cheap
-huge container, lasts forever
-great for oily skin

Cons
-messy with packaging
-don't think it lasts quite as long as other powders

Great value , great product , will keep re purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have very oily t-zone so I always set it with powder. I really like bare minerals mineral veil but ever since my daughter was born 2 yrs ago I just couldn't spend much money on makeup so I started to look for a cheaper options. The powder isn't as finely textured like mineral veil but I can deal plus for the price and the amount it's a great deal and it works. The only thing I hope NYC will change is the packaging. Please put a screw lid on!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by snazzybear

Sets makeup well but doesn't control my oil for more than 2 hours. Packaging isn't as bad as everyone says. It looks like nothing on your face

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder was surprisingly good at controlling shine on my face! It doesn't make my skin look ashy or dry, unless I pile it on a lot! The consistency is SOOOOOOOOO smooth and blends like a dream! The packaging could be improved though: First, the lid isn't "screwy", so if you grab the lid it will just fall off, and I also think there should be a sifter so everything doesn't fall out uncontrollably. Other than that, this is a good powder and I would repurchase both loose and pressed form!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by KikyouStorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really loved this powder.
i also like the smooth skin loose powder.
i break out when stressed out and when i use foundation from maybelline, the brozer from bamboo and the translucent powder from NYC. it actually helps with the stress break outs. and the powder works with controlling the oil. but now then i ran out of the powder. which took a whole year to empty! i went to the store to get more of this amazing powder and there wasnt even a section for NYC powder! there was a section from every other company but NYC, i spent 8 bucks on covergirl powder, the lightest i could get and it is terrible. It burns my face, it has a over the top flower scent and it makes my foundation blotchy orange in places(that i nor anyone else noticed with the NYC powder). now i need a lighter foundation and i need to find this powder. it was really good to me...
the powder is good but the packaging is terrible. The lid didnt ever stay on and then it fell once and the lid cracked. the little pom-pom sponge was perfect for taping on my foundation and then using the powder. the holes in the disk area were too small and i had to tap it a lot to get the powder out but it was a good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Briana9624

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product.
Keeps the oil around my face controlled throughout the day, and even minimizes the appearance of my ginormous pores! i use it to set my foundation, or when my concealer when i dont use foundation. I have bought a backup, although i dont see why: there is SO much product (20 grams).
I will forever repurchase, its my Holy Grail powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Shiphrah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well wasn't to keen on it at first, but it quickly became a favourite, as well as a staple in my make up bag ! My skin stays matte most of the day, with little touch up. My face is very oily, especially during the summer. Works well and will continue to repurchase !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though this is three bucks, its not something to write home about. The powder is thin which is good for translucent being white but it looks pretty chalky on the skin, similar to MUFE HD powder. It doesnt control my oil as others are raving about. I think the best translucent loose powder that actually mask shine for abt 4 hours, doesnt glow white, and provides a semi dewy/matte finish is Avon's loose powder. Out of many highend and lowend trans powders ive tried, im going back to good ole Avon but knowing my luck they probably discontinue was I type this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by gleamyeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite loose powder of all time! It has fantastic coverage. It sets foundation perfectly. It's long lasting. It covers all my blemishes and diminishes the look of super oily skin. It doesn't look cakey at all. The only problem I've ever had with it was the packaging, I was traveling and the whole container popped open and made a huge mess. I've learned my lesson and thank goodness it's cheap as heck to replace! This is defiantly my HG of all loose powders.