October 26, 2014 | 1302 users online

Crème - Giorgio Armani - SPF20 Shaping Designer Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my regular foundation from La-Prairie changed colors on me, I was in search for the perfect replacement. I found a color match, which has been my biggest problem since I've been on the search. I'm light olive complected and every line seems to be catered to the pink or peach toned. 6.5 is pretty close in tone, but it's just a tad too dark after it starts oxidizing. I may have to excuse that issue due to the dreamy wear factor. The superb wear was emphasized when I tried both this and D & G's Perfect Finish Creamy Foundation at the same time. So far the best looking foundation in a jar has been this foundation, Estee-Lauder, and La-Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation. No color match with EL or La-Prairie however.

Update: This foundation oxidizes, so 6.5 ended up being too dark. I went back and 5 was a match. I also discovered that this is being discontinued soon. The colors are already being phased out and not being replenished in store. I'm on the fence whether to stockpile this foundation while I can. I'm planning on just using it when I'm going out and semi-matte at work. After wearing this all day it seemed to break apart a bit. This might be too moisturizing for me. Still, it looks great from afar and I get a lot of attention (hopefully the good kind) when I do wear this.

For reference, I use Marc Jacobs Sculpting Foundation Brush No. 2 for application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I, like many, have tried a ton of foundations in the market. This is one I have fond memories of and one of the few I've actually used up til the last drop (or glob, since it's more of a cream than a liquid). Depending on what you apply it with, you can achive a sheer up to an almost full coverage. I prefer applying it with a damp beauty blender, and the effect is juicy healthy looking skin. I have tried it on myself and my three sisters (maybe that's why I ran out of it!); each of us have a different type of skin: my youngest is quite oily, the next one is more of a normal/combo skin and my older sister is 12 years older than me, with a more mature combo skin. The foundation was perfect in every case, especially applied with the beauty blender. I really miss it and am ready to purchase again, since I'm a little older now and seek for a glowing (but not shimmery or pearly) effect on my skin adn the appearance of plumper healthier skin, which this foundation gives.

I was going to give this product a 4 lippies rating, on account of the packaging (since it comes in a jar and would seem unsanitary) but with the consistency of the product, any other packaging would probably be on the inconvenient side. Therefore I'm giving it 5 lippies.

EDIT march 2014: I finally repurchased this foundation, and I'm so happy I did. The formula is the same and the effect I get is just as I remembered. I dind´t remember that it comes with a plastic scoop to get the foundation out of the jar. I find this quite helpful, as I can scoop a small amount of product and place it directly on to my damp beauty blender, making application more higenic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I know the reviews on this foundation are very mixed, but I absolutely love it. Armani designed this foundation for folks with more mature skin who's needs differ a bit from those who are still lucky enough to have youth on their side...I definitely fall into the prior category so maybe that's why it works so well for me?
About two years ago my skin went thru some major changes due to health issues and I literally aged about 10 years in a matter of 18 months. Lines, wrinkles, crepeyness, dehydration, expanded pores, hyper pigmentation, the whole lot.
I became increasingly interested in cream foundations because of their ability to nourish, cover pores, and because of the generally good coverage they can provide. However I quickly found they're not all created equal and some are extremely heavy feeling, can be cakey, and some are designed for oily skin which is not my issue.
Luckily this foundation from Armani is absolutely perfect for my mature/aging skin! I'd heard it felt heavy on the skin, so I delayed my purchase for quite a long time...I regret waiting! I don't find it heavy feeling in the least, in fact, I find it very comfortable to wear and very easy to apply. I have found a match made in heaven by using it with my Sephora #56 foundation brush (called #56 airbrush) and Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer. It glides on like a dream, blends seamlessly, and with only a light dusting of finishing powder it stays put all day. It covers my pores beautifully, does not pool in my lines/wrinkles and provides a soft focus ethereal glow. Ladies with fine lines/wrinkles, you know how glowy foundations can often accentuate our imperfections...this does the opposite and I still get the "Armani Glow"...win!
The shades in this formula seem to run quite light...I am right between nc15-nc20 and shade #5 is perfect. It is a very neutral shade, leaning neither yellow nor pink. The texture is creamy, but it's not staunchly thick...it glides on like silk. I would definitely not recommend this foundation to those with oily skin...I imagine it wouldn't last too long on oily skin and it's quite glowy.
I only have two complaints. First, this foundation tends to make me look like a ghost in photos (guessing the SPF is the culprit). It's a shame because it makes my skin look youthful, healthy, and flawless...but definitely not a photo friendly formula. Secondly and probably the most obvious...the packaging. I personally love the way jarred foundations look on my vanity, but alas they are super unsanitary and I make a horrible mess with them. This foundation comes in a heavy, frosted glass jar with a black lid and it's super sleek and attractive. It comes with a spatula to retrieve the product, but I still end up with foundation everywhere, and the poor black lid is a mess with foundation-y fingerprints. Those issues aside, I love this foundation enough to look past them and I wear it most out of all my bases because of it's ease and amazing finish. Personally this is a big win for me and I would definitely repurchase!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This is a lovely foundation for mature skin.It's moisturising without being greasy and dries to a lovely satin finish. It's not matte, which can be ageing.It has a higher than normal in part titanium dioxide sunscreen, so it's broad spectrum protection, but I do use sunscreen under this.It looks very natural on, but does give good coverage. it seems quite thick in the jar but spreads and blends well.I wouldn't recommend this for young oily skins as it might be a bit heavy but this is an excellent foundation for us more mature ladies who want to have a bit of a glow.Not shiny , just a nice satin finish.i don't wear make up every day, so it should last a while.But this was worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by chweedles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! I have dry skin and find the armani shaping cream moisturising and of good coverage. A lot of people comment on my skin in a positive way and I am pretty sure it is down to this foundation. The only downside is the price - I would like to find a foundation as good as this but cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by bspeights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First time I tried this and its great. I bought an 8 which is the darkest Colorado they make in this foundation. My Color is more like rihanna. I have been searching for a creamy dewy foundation that.leaves ur face flawless and I swear it does! U may need to place a primer.to help shrink pores and for it.to last. That's what I did. I will try another day without primer. This left my face feeling moisturized and smooth. Frangrance free & spf 20. I used my fingertips and sponge.to blend. Set it.with Mac studio fix.primer and I swear I'm camera ready. This stuff is amazing! I.finally found a foundation that gives me all ive ever wanted. I would have paid.more for it.but it is expensive about 65 bucks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Laski

One of the best foundations I´ve ever tried. The shade 5,5 is a perfect match for me and doesn´t oxidize. It has a very good and buildable coverage, but manages to look natural and not heavy at all. Doesn´t settle in fine lines and doesn´t let me look overly greasy or matte. I´m impressed. It´s expensive, but worth it. Just a pity that the packaging is a jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jlam4579

I was really excited to try out this product after reading so many positive reviews, but this product made me breakout, which is the last thing I need right now, as I bought this to help cover up acne scarring. Had I been able to find an ingredient list for this product anywhere on the web beforehand, I probably wouldn't have purchased it - it's got a nice load of parabens. I was looking for a fuller coverage foundation to help cover up acne scarring without looking to make-up-y, but this definitely got greasy over the course of the day, didn't really cover up scars that well, and broke me out, so it's definitely going back. Not worth the hype or the price, unfortunately. I'll stick with Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by candiello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm still in two minds about this foundation, after using it about five or six times now. It has a very full coverage, so I only use it at night and always with a foundation brush. I find that it does give fantastic coverage and makes most of my skin look flawless, however, I have mild acne scarring in one area, and I find that it does spread strangely over the scars and I really have to blend to get it to look smooth. Not sure if it is because of the brush that I am using but it definately doesn't go on as smoothly as I'd like. I have combination skin and I do find that halfway through the night the product starts to slip and my skin feels quite greasy - so if you tend to get an oily t-zone and you are using this foundation, make sure you make loose powder your best friend. I am quite happy to finish off using the jar (which is a pain to travel with) but not sure if I would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's my first Armani foundation and was recommended by SA out of their entire range. It did a great job on coverage on pores and acne scars to an extend, there were few darker scars which requires additional concealer. I do have combination skin so by later afternoon, my t-zone started become oily. Usually I would put but some loose powder and do for the rest of the day.

I am using shade 5.5 and matches my skin tone perfectly.

It came in a glass jar which is inconvenience to carry it around. Perhaps transfer small amount to travel container for touch up.