September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Purete Thermal Sensitive-Dry Milk Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser, it is effective and soothing. It makes my skin so soft! HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleansing milk. It removes my makeup and sunscreen, its very easy to spread and massage, doesn't have a strong fragrance imho, and its mild enough I can use it to take off my eyeshadow. Leaves my skin feeling comfortable, not tight and dry like with foaming cleansers. To my budget it is expensive, but I bought it INSTEAD of the Clarins cleansing milk, which is about $30 US, so it was a better deal. I think its a good replacement, though I prefer the Clarin's smell.
I would recommend to anyone dealing with a sensitive, dehydrated, acne-prone skin like mine. Its affordable, mild and effective. Thumbs up :)

**EDIT** This is a wipe off cleanser. The users saying it doesnt clean enough, may just be rinsing it with water. It IS a cleansing milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by dusice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am hesitant to recommend this product to sensitive skin types as it is fragranced, and for my skin, that's usually a no no, as fragranced products cause my skin to react. I developed little red bumps on my cheeks that seemed to be either small pimples or a rash, either way I couldn't use this product. If you are not acne prone though and know from experience that you can tolerate fragranced skin products, then you should go ahead an try this cleanser, as the fragrance is nice, the milky, creamy consistency is pleasant, and it's priced appropriately for a higher end drugstore product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by dianadb

I started using this when my skin got dry and reactive during the winter. I applied it to dry skin and rinsed it with water. It did its job, cleansing without drying or causing any reactivity. It did have a strong fragrance, which makes me wonder how good it would be for someone with truly sensitive skin. I also would not recommend it for removing makeup. Its good, but for the money I think Cetaphil works just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by whitepung

This product does not clean skin well enough compare to some other cleansing milk that I have used in the past. I started getting a few pimples on my forehead and I have been using pimple extractor to clear my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dreccles

I'm reviewing Purete Thermale Intensive Cleansing Milk for Dry & Sensitive Skin. I love this cleanser! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and my skin is healthy, clear and soft. I bought this because the Dr. Hauskcha Cleansing Milk I was using was out of stock, and this was in stock and waaayyy less expensive so I thought I would try it. It cost $15 in CVS and I'm so glad I tried it. It does the exact same thing as the Dr. Hauschka only it doesn't leave any redness around my sensitive eyes, which the Dr. Hauschka one did sometimes if I didn't immediately rinse it off. This cleanser doesn't need to be rinsed off at all, but I still run a cotton ball dampened with water over my face anyway. I haven't had any zits or dry patches at all since using this and my skin always feels lovely and soft when I wake up in the morning. Since it's a lot cheaper than the Dr. Hauskcha cleanser I will be using this from now on. Great for sensitive/combination skin (no oiliness, no redness, just nice clean soft skin!).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by anonamemiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is a good product to use if you just need to cleanse your skin in a basic sense. I dont recommend this to really remove makeup or anything like that. I like using it on the weekends when i let my face rest from makeup. Its not harsh, and it does moisturize. I do recommend following it up with the toner. It is a bit pricey, however, ($14) so Im not raving mad about it. I think it's a good choice for the winter/dry months if you do tend to have dry, sensitive, skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this cleanser following some rave comments on the Skincare board about it's thorough, mild cleansing action for sensitive skin and its ability to remove makeup and sunscreen. To my surprise, this cleanser burned my skin, was somewhat inefficient at removing my makeup and sunscreen (and I don't wear tenacious sunscreen), and left my skin very dry and flaky. Although I do have hypersensitive skin (due to dermatitis, rosacea and retinoid use), I can use some other products without as much irritation, so this Vichy is a no-go for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is Cillakat's HG, and I know that one person's HG may not be another's. My rosacea, breakout-prone/dryness-prone skin generally prefers foaming cleansers, but every one I've tried (except my beloved, d/ced St Ives Apricot Foaming Facial Cleanser) has dried me out. So I was willing to try a milk cleanser. For the record, I only wash with cleanser at night.

First of all, of the three days I've tried this, I've gotten whiteheads from every use (forehead, under nose, cheeks...none on my chin). Secondly, my skin became progressively less plush until, the morning after the third night's use, my chin was covered with dry, flakey, visibly peeling skin. That's drier than dry. Finally, after getting out of the shower on the days in question, the existing whiteheads had red rings of irritation around each whitehead.

Well, everyone's skin is different, but I guess my face doesn't like this with the whiteheads and flakey dryness. continued >>