October 2, 2014 | 1461 users online

Foundations - Mirenesse - Velvet Maxilift Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This goes on really thick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kkrebs

I like this, but only when diluted with moisturiser. I am not a heavy foundation wearing person. Sheer is better for me. I do like this, but I have to make it work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the small size to try out, quite expensive for a 10ml tube. The foundation feels quite creamy whe squeeze out, but it feels quite dry when I put on the face and very hard to blend. The color fits me well and the coverage is medium. Unfortunately, after only couple of hours, the foundation is gone with some residue creased near my nose and under my mouth area. Such a disappointing product would never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thick and plasticky

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this product was too much for my acne prone skin. I was after something that lasted a long time and was natural. I have given this to my mum and hope it works better for her. It made me oily a few hours after application and made my skin more congested.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

I got this as a freebie and really wanted to like it. Yes, my skin does look airbrushed just after I apply it but I can feel an oily forehead by the end of the day. I also hate that it leaves residue on any thing that touches my face - gross.

I suspect that it breaks me out as I can switch cleansers or moisturisers but when I cut this out, I notice an improvement in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Vienna and it came in the "Youthful Radiance" pack, along with the concealer and base primer (which is by the way SUPER ACE product). Anyway after experimenting for two days, this is the method that came up with the best results (so far): apply a small amount of the base primer on the fingers and dab softly on the face with a cupping action, allowing the warmth of the hand to spread the primer. Wait about 30 seconds for the product to settle. Place half a pea sized amount of the foundation on a foundation brush, then apply to one side of the face using a fast stippling motion - that is, don't drag it down as it will remove the primer. Repeat on the other side. Repeat until satisfied with level of coverage. At first I was a bit iffy about their foundation brush, but after many uses I found it the best for applying a small amount in feathery strokes. My skin didn't feel dry at all and coverage stayed put when required. The product takes a few moments to settle properly on the skin so best to wait between applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kimlpn63

I love this product, I have searched for years for a foundation that lasted and gave execellent coverage, it is a bit expensive but well worth it and the product lasts forever because a little goes a long way...
I don't know what I would do without it now that I have found it. Thanks Mirenesse!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product thinking it was going to be my "saviour"
Unfortunately, it wasnt. Its nice and thick and gives okay coverage but doesnt have the staying power that it says it does. Perhaps my expectations were a little high. I found the pump to be a pain in the butt - didnt work properly and I ended up having to unscrew the pump.
I love Mirenesse, but this product is not one of the better ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ashleywilkes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this product again b/c it is too expensive. You can get other, similar foundations like this in the drugstore for less. This was a gift for my mother, but she didnt like it b/c it was too thick. So I tried it. The coverage was heavy, but when applied lightly it made my skin look airbrushed. As far as the "lifting" properties, well, I am only 26 & do not need much "lifting" yet. I did, however, go jogging twice with this stuff on and it stayed on really well just as the lady said it would while watching her on HSN. As far as the bottle is concerned, they must of updated it, b/c I had no problems with the pump. Just turn it to the left and pump.