July 29, 2014 | 2006 users online

Mascara - Margaret Astor - Air Max Ultra Volume Waterproof Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by naicha

I also own the non-waterproof version and am really impressed - once the formula has dried out a little, this mascara delivers loads of volume and holds the curl of my lashes amazingly well. It never smudges or flakes throughout the day yet comes right off with warm water and my regular cleanser. Definitely a close second to my all-time favourite, L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Linda1618

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this mascara. I got it as a christmas present and I'm really pleased with it. It makes my lashes really thicker, adds volume and length, although it doesn't make my lashes as light as they promise in the advert. Most probably I'll buy this again, but I will try the one with the curved brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE WORST mascara I have EVER tried, and I've tried lots of mascaras! I'm generally not impressed with Margaret Astor products but this one takes the cake! This is the most horrible mascara I've ever seen even though I have seen a few bad mascaras, it most certainly does NOT live up to all the hype and super primped-up advertising it has received lately, at least not in my humble opinion. I do admit to having the most horrid and difficult nonexistant short (well not quite so short anymore, since I discovered Talika Lipocils, but anyways), sparse, straight Asian lashes, so not all mascaras work with these extraterrestrial lashes, but I can still use and get good results with most mascaras. But this one, it is like putting WATER onto my lashes! It does nothing for my lashes. Zilch. Maybe if you have naturally long and luxurious and, obviously, non Asian, lashes like the models in the commercials this mascara would work for you. It definitely does not work for my microscopic lashes. =EDIT= Well after ages leaving this crap in the bottom of my makeup bag I discovered it again one day and tried it out again (yeah I know you should throw mascaras away after 3 months, but anyways!), this time it wasn't so bad and I got decent results, even actually thickened my lashes and gave them some volume, however I usually hate Astor products and I usually boycott them, so I used this mascara for a short period of time and was quite satisfied but after that I wandered along and tried something else. Changed the rating however (raised it), and I still wouldn't buy again, because I'm still on an Astor boycott and I found better mascaras out there.