November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Fix Nail Repair

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by SugarMedic88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Do not get NEAR this stupid product, and definitely don't let it touch your nails. I got it for 75% off at CVS, which made it less than $3. Don't let anyone PAY you to take this product.
I usually always silk wrap my nail if it breaks low, but since I had this product, I figured I'd give it a shot. It went on a THOUSAND times more easily than a silk wrap. I just painted glue over the break, then sprinkled the acrylic powder over it. It dried quickly and I was able to buff it to a smooth finish. I thought I had found the greatest nail repair product ever!!

It became SO dry and brittle despite my frequent moisturizing. Finally, it cracked. And when a silk wrap cracks, it usually doesn't continue the crack in the nail. Oh my goodness did this Insta-Fix continue the nail break. Parts of the glue/acrylic started to crumble off and it looked awful. I got home and soaked and soaked and soaked the repair in acetone. I used the foil method and everything. It wouldn't budge AT ALL. My poor cuticles took such a beating being wrapped in acetone and tin foil for so long :( I tried my best to gently break off more of the repair, but it seemed like it penetrated into my nail. When it finally started to loosen, I was able to get it off... and it SHREADED my nail and took a whole chunk of it with it. SHREADED it. Like paper thin and shreaded. No clean, angular break. It was like when you go to bite a piece of celery and it leaves all of those strings and jagged pieces. I wish I had taken a photo of it, but I was just so livid that I didn't think about it then. I just wanted to fix my poor nail :(

I couldn't even get the rest of the repair off. I kept trying to soak it and it wouldn't work. And I'm too terrified to try to pry it off. It DESTROYED the part that came off, I'm not taking chances right now until I figure out some other way to get it off.

So please, please, please don't use this product!! Choose something else or stick with whatever you normally do to repair a nail. But do NOT use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I bought this because it was on clearance and I was curious to see what exactly it did. OMG this stuff is AWESOME. I put in on a couple of my finger nails just to see if it really worked and I was amazed. I don't actually need it right now because I don't have any broken nails but I'm going to hang onto it for when I do need it.

My nails peel a lot and I'm thinking of using it when the edges of my nails get too thin. ??

I had to write a review because this stuff is excellent stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! Okay, it took me a while to realize that this is supposed to like fill in chips and stuff rather than strengthen, but I could still use it so I did. So I have very brittle nails, especially my toe nails. And I do ballet, so brittle nails and pointe shoes don't exactly go together well. Anyways, so I followed the directions. Brush the glue, put the powder, etc. After it dries completely, you need to buff it so it's smooth. Afterwards, I couldn't even feel the chip anymore and it was so smooth. I can use nail polish on my toes again! Well, I highly recommend it. By the way, the glue smells like rotten lettuce and the powder is a bit annoying to use, but other than that, I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by kittystarze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My nail recently broke on the side, and i didnt want to cut it off because im trying hard to let them grow out. I went to CVS and picked this stuff up and it was amazing. I painted the glue on the entire nail and sprinkled the acrylic powder on it. it has worked wonders and it hasnt broken off again. i would def. but this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by nmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My nail cracked really low and I didnt want to rip it off because I knew it would be painful, not to mention, look terrible :-)

So I picked this up at the drugstore and, I must say, I was very impressed! It comes in a double ended tube. One end being glue that is applied with a brush, just like a nail polish, and the other end is a small container of acrylic powder in a "sprinkle" form.

I used this product a little differently from Robotica though. I cleaned up the nail and made sure it was nice and clean and dry. I then brushed on the glue over the entire nail - not just the broken part. Then sprinkled the powder over the entire nail so it sticks to the glue. (shake off any excess.) It takes about a minute or 2 to dry. When it's dry, it looks and feels a little rough but after some light filing and a little buffing - it's good as new! It's been 3 days and it's still rock solid! I definitely recommended getting this product and keeping it in your bag for a time when you might need it. It's worth it! And I think it would last quite a long time. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay. So I had an accident at the library trying to slip out a Dylan Thomas book when my left-hand pointer finger nail bent back halfway down. Ouch!! I put some ointment on it and drove home to quickly repair it with the Instant Fix. It was my first time using it as I saved it for the dreaded day any of my nails split in half. First, clean the area before you use it to keep infection away. Then sprinkle the powder on the nail. Next, apply the glue in a thin layer. It is gooey and stinks, but let it dry and if possible put pressure on the nail to make it adhere better with an orange stick. After it dries, you can use a topcoat or polish over it. I did cut my nail down to keep it from breaking anymore, but the glue became less stable after many hand washings, so it is not the strongest, but it may help for a few days or so. NOTE: if you keep applying it when it starts to break at the line again, it builds up the glue making it look lumpy on your finger, use a bandaid for reinforcement. Also, I was able to remove it after a week peeling it off and my nail was at the wick to where I could cut off the offending split nail. It's not a miracle product, but this can save you from having to cut your nail off painfully halfway.