November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Moisturizers - Caudalie - vinosource anti-wrinkle nourishing cream for dry skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just awesome. I love this rich moisturizer, it feels great when I massage it into my oily skin, and I find it doesn't make me any oilier. Wears great under makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although there are a few Caudalie products I love, I find the company's different product lines confusing, and I think this particular line has been re-vamped, so the packaging pictured here is the old version. I bought this cream because my skin was feeling dehydrated and the vinoperfect day fluid I had been using successfully during the summer wasn't cutting it come the colder weather. What I didn't realise, is that that line has a heavier cream, so first I tried this one. It was heavy and greasy and sat on my skin and didn't actually seem to moisturise. It was an expensive mistake and I went on to purchase the vinoperfect day and night creams and had more success with these (despite the fact that I wasn't specifically interested in the alleged lightening properties). As I said at the outset, I find the way the company categorizes their lines confusing and wish they would adopt the standard - oily, dry, combi, aging, etc that most other companies subscribe to.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am currently in the middle of my second tube of it, and I am absolutely in love with this product. For me there was always an issue of very dry flaky skin, especially in winter, and no matter what moisturizers I've used, it never ever stopped.
Then I decided to give Caudalie a try. Everyone was talking about the Creme Sorbet from the same Vinosource range of products, so I dropped by the store to find a thicker version. My tube doesn't say anything about anti-wrinkle, but they've changed packaging lately, so now it is a "Moisture Recovery Cream for dry skin" (I think the product is still the same).
First things first: it is really, very thick. But it feels heavy only a couple of moments on skin, afterwards I don't feel anything except an unusual for my skin level of comfort. The skin is smooth, moisturized, happy. I am happy, too, since it is very hard to find the right cream. All the ugly flakes I had on my face were almost invisible on the third day of using this cream, and completely gone after a couple of weeks, which I consider a miracle (I had major flake issues).
Sometimes I mix this cream with my foundation, and the result is also great.
The cream smells typically for Caudalie, and it was strange at first, but now I am just accustomed to it. Will definitely buy more, because my skin changed thanks to this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is this product real life??!?! I have suffered from dry, FLAKY, disgusting skin around my eyes for almost 2 years. A month ago, I found a sample of this product and tried it. It basically erased those traumatic 2 years from my eyes. It is moisturising, tightening, nourishing...EVERYTHING. Best ever :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I wanted to like this moisturizer because it has natural and beneficial ingredients. Unfortunately, it left my dry and sensitive skin feeling sticky and suffocated and not moisturized sufficiently.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

How I wish I'd discovered this a few months sooner! This winter has been a very cold one - down to almost -20 C where i live and my skin has really suffered. Flakiness made every foundation I own look horrible, no matter how well I moisturized at night my face was tight by morning, and going outside was literally painful. Heaters everywhere were constantly on full blast which just seemed to zap every bit of moisture out of my skin, and by midwinter I seemed to have aged about 5 years since the fall. I'm wary when it comes to trying new brands because my skin is very sensitive/reactive but when none of my pharmacy-brand staples could give me any relief I started doing some research and reading reviews and found a lot of praise for this product - especially the Riche version.

I generally use unscented products so this was pretty fragrant to my nose - a fruity, sweet smell - probably the grapes which are this brand's claim to fame. The Riche formula, while it does list "parfum" doesn't contain the cedar and other fragrant extracts that the regular does though, so I think it's a gentler product. This is a rich, creamy formula, but it didn't feel heavy or look greasy on my skin. In fact it seemed to get sucked right in so I used it very generously. Within just a few days of using this morning and night the flakes were as good as gone, my skin actually stayed moisturized from one application to the other - I even woke up with fewer pillow lines;) It also didn't seem to irritate my skin at all -which I had been worried about since it's a much more "active" product than I'm used to, full of antioxidants and botanical extracts - from peas to chestnut bark. I was absolutely thrilled with it for about 2-3 weeks. Then my skin seemed to have had enough - it was looking a bit congested in some areas and I even got a couple of blemishes. I think this is an amazing product but I was probably overdoing it. I'm taking a break from this for a couple of weeks - then I'll try using it just at night and a bit more sparingly. There's not much left anyway, but I'll definitely repurchase in time for next fall!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sandietimm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how moisturizing this cream is. It goes on creamy, but sinks right in to my skin. I don't think it necessarily helps the blotchiness or pinkiness of my skin - but it doesn't make it worse and that is huge for me.

My only complaint is the scent. It has a strong cedar scent to me. I've been reading users say that there is no scent to this. I wonder if they have added scent to it lately because both my husband and i are overwhelmed by the scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by DanielleLi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been the HG for my dry, sensitive skin. I'm about to finish my 2nd tube, and will stock up on it at Sephora while the 20% off sale is going on. I've tried many moisturizers before, but nothing has worked this well as Caudalie. I don't know how "anti-aging" it really is, but it gives me the needed moisture and glow without irritating and reddening my skin around the corners of my eyes and on my cheekbones.

My 1st tube was the regular nourishing cream; then I got the ultra-nourishing. Strangely, to me, the regular is actually more moisturizing. So I'll go back to that again.

However, this cream probably isn't a good choice for anyone who is NOT dry - you might feel it's too rich. For me, who's extremely dry and sensitive, this cream alone isn't enough in dry weather. I'll layer it on top of a hydrating spray (Juice's is good), a hydrating serum (Guerlain's super aqua serum is another one that's not irritating) and sometimes even another serum (Chantecaille vital essence). Caudalie cream locks in the moisture nicely and keeps my skin soft all day.

Highly recommended for this price range. It also lasts quite a few months!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by joshua00026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I only used this product yesterday once and I dont think I liked the feel of it. It felt like one of those cheap skin creams that althought doesn't leave any oily shine but forms a waxy coat that you can actually scrape off! I am also not sure if it is moisturising enough for my dry skin. I have been using Stem Organics for sometime now and Dr Hauschka before that and in comparison Caudalie doesn't seem that good. However I will continue to use this product for a few weeks and may be perhaps I may feel different about it. At the moment though I am struggeling to part with my Stem Organics.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by darlingtonUSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this a while ago and loved it as a home base--it does nothing magical but everything right--great texture, moisturizes, visibly hydrates, easily absorbs into the skin, no scent--then kicked up to some Perricone with disastrous results. The only other moisturizer I loved this much was La Mer, for almost 3x the price. For now, this is my HG, though I'll keep trying other Caudalie products as I'm looking for a dedicated eye cream or serum. One tube lasts about 2 months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No