April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Makeup Brushes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Foundation Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

For a few more dollars, my MAC brush has lasted for (I kid you not,) a solid decade of use. For ten dollars less (or even less than that on BOGO,) my essence of beauty brush has been a nice companion to my MAC brush when it's being washed or I'm traveling.

Benefit? Does not maintain its shape well after washing, is mediocre in quality, overpriced despite being the cheapest among dept store brands, and the bristles are not cut evenly. It sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very, very soft which I like 'cause I use this to apply Moon beam on my cheekbones every day. The slim tip makes precise application easy as I also like to dab a little just under my eyebrows. I never use this with foundation because the hairs ain't dense enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mine has black bristles and was dirt cheap so I'm not sure if it's authentic but it's still awesome and super soft! Haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by arabprincesa

This was my first "high-end" brush. I bought it a long with some-kinda-gorgeous and that gal. I used to use it with both daily, but since I've switched over to a tinted moisturizer I've only been using it with primer. It worked great with my foundation - no brush streaks as many others mentioned - bu not so well with the tinted moisturizer. I'm not sure why, but the brush strokes went away with more blending anyway so not to big of a deal.

The brush is really great quality. I almost daily use my antibactereal spray and wipe it down pretty harshly with a napkin, and so far i haven't noticed any strands coming off. It has lost a bit of it's shape (I squeeze it pretty hard with the napkin though, so understandable)...but after washing, it seems to bounce back to it's original shape. The only complaint I have about the quality of the brush is that the "Foundation - Benefit" wording has almost rubbed off completely, which kind of sucks because it just looks like a plain old brush with out it...not really important, but for twenty bucks I expect good quality ink :)

Oh, and I've had this for about eight months...I'm not sure what the typical life span of a brush is...but this one feels like it's got many more days ahead of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by moodpuppet

This is the only foundation brush I've ever been completely satisfied with. My foundation always goes on nice and smooth with no streaking or brush marks. The bristles are so soft. It really seems to make the foundation go a lot farther too. I find I'm using less since I started using this brush over a year ago. Its also stood up to a lot of wear and tear with daily washings.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Doireann

This brush is fantastic! The bristles are really light and soft and I find they make applying foundation a breeze. Foundation doesn't seem to stick to the bristles at all, meaning you use very little. It also doesn't leave any bristle/streak marks on your face either...unlike my previous brush. Amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great traditional foundation brush but I did find that it made my foundation go on streaky. Perhaps I just am not good a weidling this type of brush. The synthetic fibers are great and the handle semi-short. I think if you like this style of foundation brush this would be a great one for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

I've had this brush for about almost a year and it has been really great to me. It blends my foundation in smoothly and doesn't shed. The price wasn't too bad either. My only complaint is the metal thing that holds the brush head to the handle seems to be a little loose and it jiggles a little when I apply makeup (and scares me its gonna fall off!). I put I would repurchase just because that is a possibility as this is a good brush for it's value but it's also very possible I will explore maybe more "high quality" brushes when the time comes...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went into Sephora looking for a short handled foundation brush with synthetic hair. This one is perfect. It's stylish and feels much better on my skin than the one by lancome i had been using. it's also easier to control. i use it with a liquid foundation. I also felt that the price was right for this quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by heather94720

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous brush, I love it. The bristles are so smooth and soft, it feels like velvet on my skin. It works great with my foundation, and glides on smoothly and very evenly. It's a very sturdy brush and I'm sure will last for years to come.