December 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Shampoo - Victoria's Secret - So Sexy Nourishing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by 6InchHeels

This shampoo, and the conditioner that goes with it, are amazing. I've tried so many brands of shampoos/conditioners, and I am rarely pleasantly surprised. Anyway, I gave this a try and was blown away. My hair is fine and thin, and perfectly straight. It has also sustained a lot of chemical damage over the years from dye. The shampoo lathered really well and smelled great, and the conditioner is so creamy. I let the conditioner sit in my hair for a few minutes, just on the ends, before rinsing.

I let my hair air dry and couldn't believe how wonderful it looked (and smelled). My hair, because of being so thin/fine, can look really weighed down depending on what conditioner I use. This didn't weigh down my hair at all. It was so silky and shiny, and had a lot of body to it.

The price is really good too, and the bottles are very sleek and stylish looking. I will definitely be buying again. I haven't been this happy with my shampoo and conditioner in a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Ad0rableTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my shampoo. I think at first the smell was much stronger. Now that I'm used to it, I can't really smell it as much. I personally love shampoos that make your hair smell awesome, and leave people in the presence of your hair in awe...... This one is the strongest yet and the smell is lovely. Smells better than the smell of the product, on your actual hair. I love it, and hide it so no one else can use it. Muahahahahahaha;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll start off by saying never bleach your hair more then 3 times in a month. That being said you know how damaged my hair was. i was thisclose to cutting 8+ inches off my shoulder length hair leaving me with no more then probably 5 inches. then i stumbled across this. I already loved VS makeup and lotion so i thought why not. and OMG this is AMAZING! how is this not some cult classic with all the beauty gurus talking about this. seriously the best shampoo ever. i have been using this and only this for the past 3 years, and i used to be the kind of girl that would buy another shampoo even though i wasn't finished the first one and then a 3rd and 4th and would have 6 half used shampoos taking up residence in my bathroom. and my hair now is SO soft and wonderful I feel like I'm in a hair commercial. this is my hands down holy grail shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I just have to say I was completely caught off guard by how much I wound up liking this shampoo. I waltzed into Victoria's Secret to see if there were any good bra sales going on (there weren't) and ended up stumbling across their buy 2 get 1 free hair care sale. I hadn't even known Victoria's Secret also manufactured hair products so I was ecstatic to discover them...as well as kinda miffed since I'd just managed to kick my obsession with buying hair products, but I digress. ANYWAY, I bought this shampoo along with two conditioners (the one from the color treated line and the one from the balance line) and carried my 26 dollars-less butt home.

When I went to wash my hair I couldn't help but feel nervous since my hair usually doesn't fare too well with shampoos that involve sulfates (or with much of any shampoo for that matter); they leave my hair feeling too squeaky, too stripped, too tangled, and nearly begging for tropical rains to quench it. This shampoo did no such thing. It lathers beautifully, smells absolutely WONDERFUL (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like too many scents), rinses clean without leaving that residue feeling behind, and...it didn't leave my hair feeling like a crackly mess! Yes my hair still tangled but it wasn't as nearly as bad as with previous run ins with shampoo. Instead, my hair felt soft and smooth. This is an accomplishment considering I hadn't even used conditioner yet (and for me, conditioner is NOT an option. It is mandatory).

I will repurchase this, because I've splurged on plenty of hair products more expensive than this that I barely even liked, and you don't need to use much for it to be effective so it lasts awhile. I also like the smell and the performance. As for the packaging, I'm not a fan, but that's more of a complaint for the conditioners (ya'll know how THICK that stuff is for it to come out that flimsy bottle?!) since the shampoo's thinner. Overall, I would recommend this one to anyone with...hair.

;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dtiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love the smell and feel of my hair after using this shampoo! Leaves a hint of fragrance on my pillow that is fresh…clean...and dreamy

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by sashayoung

I got both the shampoo and conditioner, thinking a combination of the same line would give a better effect. The shampoo is alright, it does smell good, however, the smell is not heavy and of course it fades a little as the day goes on, just like any shampoo. At the end of the day, you can still smell A BIT of it.
Bottom of the line, I wouldn't buy this again. It does smell good, but not THAT good that I would purchase an expensive shampoo just for its smell, especially when it's not going to hold that smell's intensity for most of the day. I would prefer Dove's moisturizing shampoo. Basically no difference to me, especially that Dove's are a lot cheaper (probably $7 at Costco, for its size 3X that of this VS nourishing shampoo). Oh yeah, it is small, compared to the typical pantene and dove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm super disappointed in the scent of this shampoo. Every other reviewer goes on and on about how great it smells and how long the smell lasts. The woman at VS who sold it to me raved about the scent. She even said "You don't have to wear perfume when you use this." So, I'm expecting a strong, long-lasting scent. Nothing. I got nothing. The scent in the bottle is ok and its about as strong as any other shampoo scent- but, the other reviewers said it smells stronger and better on your hair- ok. Still, nothing, really truly nothing. I used the shampoo, the conditioner, and the leave in conditioning spray- all the "So, Sexy" scent. I've done this whole routine twice and I even asked my husband to smell my hair- nothing- no scent at all.

I actually think this is a great shampoo/conditioner/leave-in combo. My fine, straight, damaged hair looks and feels wonderful. I got all three products on a 3/$24 deal, which makes this very affordable. I will keep using it because it makes my hair look and feel great but I'm bummed that I don't get the wonderful, you-don't-need-perfume smell.

My theory is that lack of scent is because I air dry my hair. I don't use any heat at all. I'm guessing that whatever the wonderful scent is it's being released by heat. So, probably if you blow dry it would work, and those who blow dry and flat iron probably get a the most out of the smell. It's just a theory. I'm not going to test it by blow-drying my hair because I'm really trying to grow it out and I can't afford that damage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by svetlana89

I use this in conjunction with the Nourishing Conditioner. I can't tell if this shampoo does much for my hair, except makes it smell good, which I love. It's a pretty big bottle and in my opinion totally worth it for the price. However the conditioner does the same thing with making it smell good, so if you already have a shampoo you love just get the conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

SMELL IS ABSOLUTELY INTOXICATING!! everyone loves it. i wear high end perfumes, and alot of pricey body lotions and mists, but i get the most compliments about my scent when i use this shampoo and conditioner. i didnt notice a film of anything on my hair at all...and my hair is THICK, dry, and curly. But with this shampoo and conditioner my hair is so soft and amazing. price is decent when they have them on 3 for 24,,,however the packaging pisses me off..kind of hard to get all the product out. Would definitaly repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Initially, I used the Normal Hair formula in the lighter pink bottle, but then changed to this one. I appreciate the rich, creamy lather. In relation to the scent-so what?. Most shampoos have fragrance, to one degree or another. This is an adequate shampoo. Does leave my hair slightly on the frizzy side, sometimes, but not as bad as some other, more expensive brands for the dandelion fluff factor. Did add a little extra shine and strength with repeated use. A pleasant change, especially in early Spring/Summer. Didn't notice that it faded my frequently colored, highlighted hair at all. All together, a lovely shampoo experience!. Would likely buy again, since this is my second bottle. (I do use different conditioners paired with this, though).