December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Radiance Colorgloss translucent deposit only color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in clear for after toning my hair. I'm a natural blonde but went up to a level 11 so I'm pretty light blonde almost platinum. I have silver and white highlights from colouring. I should of added the clear gloss with the colour, I will from now on but I purchased this after the fact because I needed to tone down some yellow out. After I toned I added this with clairol soy plex at a 2:1 ratio developer/gloss. I used 20 vol but will use 5 next time it's a total learning curve for me. I put this in and let it sit for a little over 10 minutes. It smells really good and I applied mine with a bottle I bought from Sallys. I shampooed and deep conditioned after and my hair is glass shiny!

It's also so soft and was so easy to style. I'm pretty low maintenance anyway. I think this would be great for virgin hair. And to add shine to your colour. I love the clear which has a C on the bottle. I will be buying a bigger bottle or more of these most definitely. This works and it's so quick and easy. I really think most will love how shiny and gorgeous the hair can look. Great colour reviver as well. After toning this was great because my hair looks really healthy,shiny, and the colour looks great! Love! Recommended:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in the process of growing out my highlighted long hair. For years I chased roots every couple of months and just got tired and bored of it. I decided to do a color gloss treatment to tone down the dark roots/blond length. At first I chose the 8N shade. I applied it all over my hair and rinsed out after 5 minutes. The result was a medium beige blonde shade that blended my hair, but you could still see the roots. After a few shampoos, you could still see the toner in my hair, but it was washing out pretty fast. After reading a review that said to use the 6N, or Dark Natural Blonde, I went to Sally's and did another treatment. (About a month had passed). I left it on my hair for about 20 minutes this time, and I am so happy with the results that I ordered more for backup. The color is blended to a dark natural blonde color that I love. My highlights are not completely covered, but just more subtle and not as "rooty" as before. I was hesitant do color my hair at home after going to the salon for years, but I feel if you stick with a shade range close to your color, it really has great payoff. Plus, it leaves your hair shiny, conditioned, and overall feeling healthy. The only downside is that being semi permanent, it washes out fast. I noticed significant fading after only a week. For $4.99 at Sally's, I can afford that while my hair grows out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jacki1Martin

Short on money this month and really needed color. I've used clairol natural instincts in the past but quit because of the hassle, and have had my stylist do my color. I read here that Natural Instincts has gone awry, and when I saw the reviews here thought I'd try this product. I'm glad I did! Reading that it pulls dark, I used half light neutral brown and half dark neutral blond. Glad it did because it is plenty dark on my fairly dark hair. Soft, shiny enough, and seems to wash well. Lightened a bit, which was good. It's been two weeks and so far so good. I did the roots, then pulled it down through the length, and then a few minutes under my bonnet drier with Saran Wrap on my hair. Heavy duty Saran Wrap so it doesn't melt. ;-). Easy to apply. All in all was on maybe 22 minutes. I'm very pleased and will do it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mbgoodloe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Used 4A, which is more or a dark brown than light, but it worked out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kmizell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently decided to go from a faded red back to my more natural ash brown. Pulled the red out with a bleach bath and applied a medium ash brown over. The color was PERFECT but it looked a little dull and so I decided a glaze would do the trick. I applied 4G (light ash brown) over the color and now my hair is DARK! And all the residual red tones which were gone with my first application are BACK! I don't understand, how can a glaze which is two shades lighter than my original color be so much darker? How can a glaze with an ash (green) base invite red tones?

I guess I'love just have to apply an ash blonde from now on? I don't know but I'm not thrilled with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

You guys completely got me the hook up on this product! I was going on vacation and literally read MUA reviews on this in the parking lot of Sallys. I needed something to improve my hair, it was looking lifeless and dull half way between highlighting appointments. I was only planning on buying the colorless gloss, but since I go 8-10 weeks between highlights and have more and more grey creeping in, I took your advice and got the lightest blond (#10 I believe) and the clear gloss, mixed them half and half with the activator. I put it on my roots first and then on the top layer of my hair - left it on for 30 min. I'm very, very excited about how it covered my grey that was becoming a big problem. I will definitely use this between hair appts going forward.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Bsoet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I almost never write reviews but I thought I would do it for this one because it really worked out better than I expected.

I have very very fine hair and am normally a medium brunette, although it lightens easily in the summertime. I decided I wanted to go blonde, not quite platinum, but close and hopefully natural looking.

Went to my stylist who did a good job overall.
My hair was bleached, then an application of a high lift blonde with heat, then a toner.
This brought my hair to a nice overall color, blonde - but there was still some orange/strong yellow tints in it i was not a fan of.

So I waited 3 days and did some deep conditioning and then did another bleach application to get out the remaining orange/yellow and it brought it up to a very very very soft yellow, basically it was white but with some slight yellow undertones. So I toned it with a ash blonde toner and it helped. But still there was this brassy undertone and it just didn't look right with my skin. There was just too much yellow, even though it didn't really look that yellow normally. But I am very pale so something was just off. I lived with it because my hair was a mess and I didn't want to do anything else to it. My hair felt like hell. Dry and stiff and flat and bad news.
But I couldn't live with it for long.
I decided I was going to color it with a permanent dark ash blonde by Wella to bring it down a notch from the intense white/yellow but THANK GOD before I did, I did a quick search on google about 10 volume vs. 20 volume (trying to figure out what would be best) and I came across these reviews. After reading them I was convinced this was what I needed instead of the permanent color.

I used 1 oz of the light ash blonde and 1 oz of the clear with 2 oz of the developer.
The first round I left it on for 10 mins and absolutely nothing got deposited. I thought maybe the clear was deluiting it too much.
So I did a 2nd round with just 1 oz of the light ash blonde and 1 oz of developer (no clear gloss). I left it on for 10 mins. WOW!
First can I say that my hair actually feels ALMOST like it did before I bleached it?? My hair was soft and natural before, and after all the bleaching was so so bad feeling. I did 3 deep conditioning treatments for 20 mins in the showers, a 2 hour mayo treatment, and an overnight deep conditioning treatment - along with not using any shampoo for a week and only use cold water and blow drying with cold air - and my hair was making progress but STILL not great.
BUT after I used this my hair is like almost normal feeling. It's sort of crazy.
As for the color - it turned out to be a really really ash blonde - almost with some soft gray tones, and it didn't deposit evenly. But I actually kind of dig it. The color overall works 10 times better with my skin tone, there is zero brassiness, and I think the soft grayish ash tones will fade out with a few washes. Because it didn't deposit evenly (probably because my hair was just a mess and so porous) it actually looks like I have some highlights which is really great.

So I am interested to see how this lasts and how fast it washed out of my hair. Permanent color never sticks for me for long, but i've read a lot of these reviews and people have said this stays much longer. I will come back and update in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Ruthigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would recommend doing a Clairol Gloss treatment from Sally's Beauty Supply whenever it starts to look too dull. I also recommend this to people as a one time application for those who want to go back to their natural hair color after blond highlights. What you'd need to get is. 1)a 2oz bottle of Clairol Radiance Colorgloss 8N light natural blond 2) a 8oz bottle of Clairol Radiance Color Infuser 3) a color applicator bottle 4) plastic grocery bag. When you get home put on a grubby t-shirt and have dry "dirty" hair. Then put all four items on a table in front of you. Pick up the 2oz gloss, open and pour it all into the empty applicator bottle. Then you need to add an equal amount of the Infuser into the 2oz of gloss. I just fill up the 2oz now empty bottle of gloss with the Infuser. Then pour out that 2oz measured allotment of Infuser into the applicator bottle with the 2oz of gloss already in it. This makes the two equal parts of product into one 4oz treatment for your hair. You will have 6oz of Infuser left over giving you three more treatments for the next time you would want them. Make sure the Infuser is recapped tightly. After this simple 1:1 measurement takes place, shake the applicator bottle until it is mixed well. Then just squirt it all over your hair! Message or comb it through to make sure you have even coverage. Now put the plastic bag over your scalp and hair. You can clip or knot it on your forehead to ensure it does not fall off. The plastic bag allows you to go about without getting it all over furniture and house. The plastic bag also helps to keep the hair an even temperature giving the hair even processing. You need to let the gloss to sit on your head for 15 min. More time under heated blow dryer if covering grey, is what I recommend. Lastly you can wash and condition your hair as normal. You will love this simple, yummy, way to show off your own natural hair color! This Color gloss will not grow out with a line, matches your hair color but it will be richer, stronger and glossier! You will save money and will not need to do it monthly or never again now that you will look to have finally grown out those blond ends. It has no ammonia in the ingredients meaning that it deposits it's yumminess only! It does not lift only, like a strong highlight. It does not lift and then deposit like a permanent hair color! *If your hair color is naturally darker than the results of 8N light natural blond and you are trying to deposit onto your blond highlights to give them yummy richness start with baby steps. First deposit the 8N treatment than do another treatment of 6N a day or so later. Keep adding more depth to it until shade matches your natural. The lower the number the darker the color deposit is. DO NOT deposit darker than 8N to bleach blond hair the first time, trying to rush the baby steps of adding richness/color back into your hair. Your hair will get grey/greenish and ewy. So if you have bleach blond ends and want your hair back to a natural dark shade like 2N you need to do it in baby steps. You should do 8N treatment, than 6N, than you can do a 4N. It will probably now look like 2N but if you want to you can do a 2N after your 4N treatment. I would still recommend stoping at 4N as it will most likely be dark enough. If you do need to do one more baby step the one bottle of 8oz Color Gloss Infuser will be enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ClassyChic01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this product twice to tone down too bright blonde highlights and add more gold tones. I have naturally straight light brown hair with blonde highlights. The first time I used a combination of half 8GB and 1/4 combo of 10N and 8N. I left it on for under 10 mins and the results were a bit too dark and too orange for my taste. However, the highlights were still visible, just less bright/white. After about 6-7 weeks and lots of clarifying and violet-based shampoo, the color had finally faded to a nice golden blonde. I tried to get my stylist to match the color when it was time for my highlight touch-up, but inevitably, the highlights seemed to be getting too light again (my stylist uses bleach and then uses a demi as a "gloss" all over). I always preferred to get highlights with high-lift color over bleach because of the softer affect but I had been dyeing my hair darker with demi color for a while, so she had to use bleach. This time I used half 10GB and a little less than half 10N with equal parts developer. I washed my hair with a gentle moisturizing shampoo and combed it out. Then I set the timer for 8 mins and just put the color on the roots and first 4 inches or so (above the ears). At 5 mins I added some conditioner to help comb through and during the last minute, I combed the color through to the ends while adding more conditioner. The result was still very golden but a little less dark than last time. I think this would have been perfect if I had added some clear to dilute the deposit. Overall though, I am pleased with result since I was going for a softer effect with lots of gold undertones. My hair was also very shinny and felt soft and not at all damaged. Just be careful when using the GB because it is very intense gold. Also, this color develops very fast, so be careful and work quickly when distributing color. Remember to chose a color at least 2 shades lighter than your desired result. I wanted a medium golden blonde so I chose the level 10 (very light blonde) and that's about the result that I got.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it. I had lightened my hair to a strawberry blonde but I grew to hate it. I stopped dying my hair and the ends faded to a bit more. it looked horrible but I wanted a good idea of my natural hair color.

I mixed one part clear shine with one part 6n, I applied it to damp hair and i left it on for 7-8 minutes. I love how it looks. There is a slight difference between my natural hair (a dark golden blonde) and my dyed ends but you have to really look.

My hair is also really soft and shiny now. Since i'm growing out my hair I'll keep using this. My only complaint is it's very runny, also the directions are a little vague. I did research before buying so I knew to dilute the color and leave it on for 10 minutes or less. If you're covering gray or going for a very different color 20 minutes *might* be ideal but for shine or a slight correction 5-10 minutes, diluted should be enough.