August 29, 2014 | 1800 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

If you watch for sales, you can get this pretty cheaply. This doesn't smell or sting or break me out. It does make my skin smoother and look a little more refined. I haven't noticed that it does a lot for lines or fading PIH, but I do feel that my skin is a bit brighter and more even.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is a staple of mine! I used to get microdermabrasions and chemical peels regularly, but after being introduced to these pads a few years ago, I haven't had another. These pads are the closest thing to an aesthetician's light chem peel. They work just as well, but are a bit milder, so the same results are achieved over a few days time instead of one office visit. They don't dry up my face or make it red ~ there's no downtime. I don't use the pads regularly, but rather when I feel like my face is rough from dead skin and oil build-up. I'll swipe my face with it at night, and the next morning, I can feel such a difference in smoothness when I wash my face. Efficient and effective! I usually wait for the sale to purchase and stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I ordered this on a whim from Avon because I was looking for something to help fade some dark acne marks. This has wonderful reviews so why not?! I've used two pads so far (every other night) and so far I AM pleased! My skin feels SO smooth, my pores are clear, I even noticed my skin tone looks a bit more even. I am curious if this will help my old acne scarring, but only time will tell. So far so good but I think the price is a bit high, hopefully they have a sale soon so I can stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by PlainJaneJane

Got three of these during a sale. Brilliant love these, use them three times a week for three months and am very happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I grew up watching my mother using Avon products all her life. From the makeup right down to the face creams she used it all. In my early teens I used Avon makeup till I found Sephora and never looked back! However on my most recent trip to my buildings laundromat, I found an Avon catalog and started flipping through the pages reminiscing on my childhood. Right when I was about to close down memory lane, a certain product that I have never seen before caught my eye. It was their Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. It claims to have 10% Glycolic Acid in it which they state is “superior to a professional 35% glycolic peel at home.” However according to Paula Begoun, author of “Don’t Go the Cosmetic Counter Without Me” that might not actually be true. Nonetheless, I decided to bite and give it a try.

Here is what I found:

1. It comes with 30 pads that you are to use every other day either at morning or at night. Since I for some reason missed that whole section (must be my old age at 32), I was using them every day in the morning.

2. It claims to have 10% Glycolic Acid

3. You rub the pad all over your face and discard after using.

4. It does contain alcohol which is a questionable product in facial care.

After using it for a month, I have to say I have notice outstanding results. My skin looks like (to a point) I have been doing microdermabrasion or some sort of facial peel that even my husband noticed. My skin feels smoother, looks younger and it has helped with my enlarge pores that were noticeable.

However with all being said, the alcohol content does concern me. I for one feel that no facial product should contain any amount of alcohol and this product does have a high quantity. The problem is that alcohol causes free radical cell damage which is devastating to your face. However, I also use other products that help to minimize free radical cell damage in general. Nonetheless, while I love this product, I cannot endorse something I feel will potentially damage your skin at the ending. Nevertheless, I leave it up to reader to decide what type of risk they are willing to run for the price of beauty. However for me, this risk is one I can't place all my betting chips on.

This product would be awesome, if Avon simply removed the alcohol in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my third container of these.I use it maybe 5 days a week, in combination with a moisturizer with sunscreen of course. Today my botox doctor asked me if I have been getting peels with a derm since the last time he saw me. That sold it. I can't see myself being without them again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by leeshyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this glycolic treatment! I dare anyone who doubts Avon to try this products works much better than any other retexturizing/glycolic products I've bought from Prestige brands. The price is fair and after my first week of use I got so much compliments that my skin looked even, brighter and it cleared any tiny surface blemished I had. Also to note, I have skin that tends to react poorly to any kind of treatment but I didn't have any issues with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bossylilthing84

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product, only been using for 4 weeks and already see an improvement in my uneven skin tone and redness, also noticed an improvement in the firmness of my skin. Skin looks smoother and younger. I have fair, sensitive skin so I only use this product twice a week to avoid overdrying my skin, which can cause it to break out. I apply it after I wash my face, once the product has dried on my skin, I apply moisturizer. On all the other nights I use the Avon Anew Clinical resufacing fluid (also a great product), followed up by moisturizer. I'll definitely keep using the retexturing peel and the resurfacing fluid, the combo is working great! Most people never guess that I'm in my forties, let alone 47 years young!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE these pads! My skin is clear and glowing! I'm using less makeup these days, except for a bit of concealer and powder, thanks to Avon's Anew Clinical skincare products! Anyway, I only use a pad a week, so mine are gonna last me awhile! LOVE! Got my pads off of Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lizakaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to replace the MD two-step pads I had been using, which are around $78 for the 30 day set. Avon suggests you use this twice daily, but I think at 35% glycolic once daily is enough. The results are just as good as the MD. People have been complimenting my skin.