April 24, 2014 | 1782 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is a staple of mine! I used to get microdermabrasions and chemical peels regularly, but after being introduced to these pads a few years ago, I haven't had another. These pads are the closest thing to an aesthetician's light chem peel. They work just as well, but are a bit milder, so the same results are achieved over a few days time instead of one office visit. They don't dry up my face or make it red ~ there's no downtime. I don't use the pads regularly, but rather when I feel like my face is rough from dead skin and oil build-up. I'll swipe my face with it at night, and the next morning, I can feel such a difference in smoothness when I wash my face. Efficient and effective! I usually wait for the sale to purchase and stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I ordered this on a whim from Avon because I was looking for something to help fade some dark acne marks. This has wonderful reviews so why not?! I've used two pads so far (every other night) and so far I AM pleased! My skin feels SO smooth, my pores are clear, I even noticed my skin tone looks a bit more even. I am curious if this will help my old acne scarring, but only time will tell. So far so good but I think the price is a bit high, hopefully they have a sale soon so I can stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by PlainJaneJane

Got three of these during a sale. Brilliant love these, use them three times a week for three months and am very happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this product yesterday and my god what a difference a night makes. I applied it at night and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, the large pores I had underneath my eyes next to my nose were gone. I have had those pore issues for so long that I just gave up. I was amazed when I woke up this morning, showered and used this product on my face again and saw virtually no pores. This product is really amazing. My skin looks awesome. However in Canada it cost like $45 so I will only buy it on sale. Nonetheless the reason why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it contains alcohol as one of its leading sources. Alcohol dries your face out and causes free radical cell damage. So odds are I might look for another product like Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment simply because it lacks the alcohol in its product. I am very particular as to what goes on my face. I really think Avon should get with it and start removing alcohol from its products as there is no need for this ingredient to be used on our face. Hence why toners have replaced astringents due to the alcohol that was found in them. So while I love this product, I cant support its alcohol use on my face. I don't want to use something that is going to dry it out or cause damage. Its simply not worth the damage it will cause later. However, I am torn because of how well it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my third container of these.I use it maybe 5 days a week, in combination with a moisturizer with sunscreen of course. Today my botox doctor asked me if I have been getting peels with a derm since the last time he saw me. That sold it. I can't see myself being without them again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by leeshyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this glycolic treatment! I dare anyone who doubts Avon to try this products works much better than any other retexturizing/glycolic products I've bought from Prestige brands. The price is fair and after my first week of use I got so much compliments that my skin looked even, brighter and it cleared any tiny surface blemished I had. Also to note, I have skin that tends to react poorly to any kind of treatment but I didn't have any issues with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bossylilthing84

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product, only been using for 4 weeks and already see an improvement in my uneven skin tone and redness, also noticed an improvement in the firmness of my skin. Skin looks smoother and younger. I have fair, sensitive skin so I only use this product twice a week to avoid overdrying my skin, which can cause it to break out. I apply it after I wash my face, once the product has dried on my skin, I apply moisturizer. On all the other nights I use the Avon Anew Clinical resufacing fluid (also a great product), followed up by moisturizer. I'll definitely keep using the retexturing peel and the resurfacing fluid, the combo is working great! Most people never guess that I'm in my forties, let alone 47 years young!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE these pads! My skin is clear and glowing! I'm using less makeup these days, except for a bit of concealer and powder, thanks to Avon's Anew Clinical skincare products! Anyway, I only use a pad a week, so mine are gonna last me awhile! LOVE! Got my pads off of Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lizakaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to replace the MD two-step pads I had been using, which are around $78 for the 30 day set. Avon suggests you use this twice daily, but I think at 35% glycolic once daily is enough. The results are just as good as the MD. People have been complimenting my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MedusaSant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another Avon product that surpassed my expectations. I use these pads in conjunction with the Rejuvenate Regimen and my pores appear less noticeable, my skin tone is more even and people tell me I look like I am glowing.
I am not a representative, but for the price, Avon's Anew line is well worth a try.
These pads aren't too strong, but they do the trick for me. I recommend using them after a hot shower/bath or after steaming your face for about 15 minutes. When I have done my face, I use the pad on my decolletage and hands (the hands will betray your age!)
One bottle lasts just over a month for me, as I like to use them a little more than they suggest.