September 1, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Queen Collection - Toast of the Town

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would never have tried this product/color except for the positive reviews by Paula Begoun and the MUA writers. I am an NW15 or thereabouts. I have very fair olive-toned skin, but dark ash/silver gray hair and dark brown eyes so I wear cool/winter colors. I would never have thought a color called Toast of the Town would work for me, but it does. It is a gorgeous color--a true neutral with undertones that suit my all over hair/eye/skin colors. It is deeply pigmented, just a touch of shimmer to add some depth and "texture." It feels great on my lips. My lower lip has been badly chapped (I live in Minnesota) and my lips feel so nice with this on. If all the shades in this line feel and wear as well as this, I think this lipstick can compete favorably with brands 3 and 4 times more expensive, or come out even better. (I am thinking of my one luxury Shiseido lipstick purchase that I wish I had not made... inferior product in great packaging, boo hiss.) I am not really a bold makeup wearer, but if I were, there are some fantastically rich colors in this small collection. I would say that anyone of any skin color/tone should try this out, if they don't get scared off by the deep or bright color palette. I am very impressed in general. Even better than Color Sensational by Maybelline which I also like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the last reviewer, this is a lovely and versatile color that would look good on anyone-- a neutral, medium-intensity rose/plum/brown that can be dabbed on for a natural flushed look or applied more heavily for a defined, classy look that doesn't overpower even my very fair skin. I think the Queen Collection lipsticks are way better than the regular CG Continuous Color lipsticks (all of which seem to revolve around either pale beige or hideous fuchsia). Some of the very dark shades in the collection only suit deeper complexions, but Toast of the Town is a keeper for anyone. I far prefer it to NARS Dolce Vita as a "universal" shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2006 9:47:00 AM More reviews by stellina

The Queen Collection is a small group of products that was apparently designed by Cover Girl's spokesperson, Queen Latifah, and even though it's intended for women of color, the lipstick is a find for everyone. If you like deeper, richer colors no matter what your skin tone, you'll find a great little collection. Toast of the Town is going to be one of my new favorites - one of those rosy/russet/brown shades that look good on everyone. It's a dead ringer for my sadly discontinued BE l/s in Rain, but it has an even better texture & is about 1/3 of the price even when it's not on sale. It's basically the reformulated Continuous Color formula in a silver package instead of blue. The new CG l/s is one of the all-time great bargains.