July 30, 2014 | 1172 users online

Powder - Clientele - Picture Perfect Compact Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I bought this foundation based on the stellar reviews here, but unfortunately the foundation made my skin pretty oily. I had to blot a lot more than usual. I bought medium on the advice of the customer service agent. Upon initial application, the foundation actually looked really pink, but after it oxidizes it becomes more natural looking. I am a NC 25-30 and I could get away with the color. I tested it for 4 days and I think it might have given me some new acne so I decided to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this powder foundation and I am in love with it. I have been hesitant about ordering it because of the price and the fact that you must buy it online without a way to easily match the foundation color to the skin color. I am so happy I ordered it! I bought the medium and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. I am a light Hispanic and my skin tone falls in between warm and neutral undertones. I can pull off some of the neutral foundations but they tend to be a little too pink.
This powder foundation is the best! The coverage is buildable and I love the way it makes the skin look so finely textured. Amazing! I will definitely recommend this powder foundation to my friends and family and I will certainly repurchase again.

Update: I still like this foundation but stopped using it because my skin's needs have changed and this foundation is no longer compatible with it. My skin has become extra dry and this foundation makes it look drier and older (crepey looking).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

HOLY GRAIL OF ALL POWDER FOUNDATIONS!!!!! Hands down awesome! Light is the perfect match for me.. I'm probably light to medium skin tone with yellow undertones, and have dry skin. That being said this is an excellent powder.. It almost feels creamy...If a powder can feel that way:) I have large pores and acne scaring on my cheeks and this powder totally makes them disappear , and I don't get that heavy powder feel on my face. Never thought with my dry skin I could wear a powder! Tip: I use the Evian mist spray to set this with for a slightly dewy finish. My only complaint.... almost 50 bucks on QVC ( where I bought it) when on the Clientele website it's 35??" I highly recommend:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation has a creamy, velvety texture that I love. Coverage depends on how heavy you apply it, but I would probably call it medium coverage. It even doubles as a concealer if I dab a little extra over blemishes. This gives my skin a flawless, soft, matte finish and doesn't look too heavy.
~
You can apply it with a brush or sponge. I felt that using a kabuki brush gave me lighter coverage, but I need to experiment with it a little more. The sponge included with the compact gives medium to heavy coverage.
~
It's a little expensive, but I think it's worth it if you have problem skin. This helped hide my pores and gave my skin a more even looking texture. It feels like you're not wearing anything at all, and I didn't need a primer. Clientele does make a wrinkle filler that works well as a primer with this, but I haven't really needed it. I did get a oily in the T-zone after wearing it for a few hours, but it's not as much as I have with other foundations I've tried. This foundation is also supposed to cover fine lines, but I don't like using in the under-eye area because I feel that it's been accentuating the fine lines there.
~
I got just the compact (NOT the kit that comes with a bag and a brush) from the Clientele website for $41 with shipping. It came with a sample kit that contained Estro-Lift Wrinkle Filler, Facial Wash, Nighttime Face Therapy, Double Strength Tightener, and the Double Action sponge, all contained in a mesh travel bag. All in all, not a bad deal in the end.
~
There were only a few colors available, but I got this in Very Light, which I believe is the lightest shade. Very Light has a definite yellow cast that looked odd when I was applying it, but when blended it looks ok. This would be an HG powder foundation for me if I could find a lighter, cooler shade. Also, the packaging is very cheap and the mirror in the compact is just plastic - not very classy.
~
Overall, this is a decent powder foundation that would be great for those with warmer skintones who like more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by KayeM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not only is this mineral powder foundation SO MUCH LESS MESSY than BE etc. It's so much BETTER ! Looks very natural- feels great- like nothing - buildable. I can dab a little extra on spots instead of using concealer. (although Clientele has a dynamite conceler!)
I use "medium" on my whole face and then "tan" or "dark tan" even - to contour cheeks. Tan color is even nice to brush on your eyelids for a nice shadow.
You CAN buy the refill only at Nordstrom. I think it's hard to find only the refill but they do make it.
Although the brush is small- it works better than you would expect. I usually use my larger kabuki brush but the one that comes with the compact is surprising decent.
My only "gripe" is that the compact doesn't have a real mirror in the lid. It has a shiny plastic lid that works as a mirror a little bit- but not well and not for long. It should have a real mirror.
The compact holds the sponge in a compartment below the foundation. The kabuki brush is much better for the original application- but if you happen to need a touch up here or there during the day you can use the sponge- since it would be messy to carry the kabuki, I think.
GREAT product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Fire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am certainly not going to be the one to spoil Picture Perfect's perfect score on MUA. I have tried over 25 mineral based foundations and this is the best on me. Because there are other ingredients added, such as aloe vera, it has great coverage and does not appear cakey. It really makes your skin seem velvety smooth, but does not feel heavy. There is no shimmer--it looks like naturally beautiful skin. I am NC25ish and I wear the light. As one gets older, some mineral based foundations can seem less flattering--this is the exception. It can seem pricey--to replace the compact is $35.00 plus S&H, but it really lasts. It also doesn't melt off easily in hot weather. This is a really great product, easy to use, and travels well! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by tweedie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a fan of this foundation. I use the lightest shade and I am amazed that when I use this product I often get compliments on my skin. It does last, but I find it works best if I reapply it after about 4 hours. I always use Picture Perfect when there is a family occasion that warrants a photograph. It makes my skin look its best. One note, I'd like to see Clientele come up with a refill for those of us who already have the brush and the little black bag. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Arie

I ordered this Picture Perfect Compact kit after reading many rave reviews from MUA and QVC websites. I was hesitate at first since I'm a big fan of Everyday Minerals for a while. However, I'm tired of having the minerals on my vanity, and my clothes.

When I try Clientele, I know I have found the perfect powder foundation. I have an oily T-zone. When it gets oily, most foundations that I put on usually run. But this one stays put and it seems to control oil very well.

The price is quite high but you get a product that will last a long time. Plus, the kabuki brush is very soft and sturdy.
The only suggestion is that they should consider having a refill for sale. I dont want to have another kabuki and have to pay $35 everytime I reorder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by pugtales

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG! This powder covers lines,pores,discoloration,you name it,it lasts all day,love the finish! is not powdery or dry,it is satin like.
It comes with 2 sponges and a brush,i really like it when applied with the brush (eventhough the quality of the clientele brush is not great,i dont really care!)but id recommend using it with a good kabuki.
It does not settle into pores or lines,kept me matte pretty much all day,but my skin isn't oily just combination.
I got it in Light,which matches very well (ive used Mufe duo mat powder in 202 translucent beige and BE fairly light)
I ordered it from Clientele's website,the package came by fedex,very fast,with samples,and a cute lesh bag.I absolutely recommend this to everybody!!
UPDATE Not HG material after all...this is really perfect but pretty much all foundations turn orange on my skin after a few hours,which makes that my fault,there is really nothing wrong with this powder,but of course i wont be buying this anymore,thank God for Hourglass cosmetics :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Everyday Mineral Foundation in Golden Fair Intensive for almost a year now. And although I loved how it looked on me, I was tired of minerals flying everywhere. So, I did some research on powder foundation as I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone, and found the Clientele to fit the bill. And when I got it home it was perfect!! I got it in Very Light. It does not settle into fine lines, nor into pores. I loved the fact that the coverage was buildable so I could place more on areas that needed a little more coverage without it looking caked on. I also love the fact that I do not need to use concealer with this product. I could just put it on and go. I did purchase mine from QVC so it came with the extra sponge and the kabuki brush which was a really nice quality brush. When I got it in the mail I thought $35 is a lot to pay for a small compact, but a little goes a long way, so I DEFINITELY feel like I got my money's worth. I recommend this one if you are looking for a good powder foundation, that looks natural, not made up, and stays on all day. Love it!!!

EDIT: Well, I did end up repurchasing this one again, but the second time around I didn't end up loving it as much as I did the first time I bought it. Maybe my skin changed from the time I did this review until I bought it a year ago, but the love is gone for this one. It ended up looking powdery and cakey on my oily skin - something that is rare to do for a powder and oily skin IMO. I won't get this one again for these reasons and because it has become prohibitively more expensive. Ironically, I lower my review rating when I don't repurchase a product, however in this case, I did repurchase and was really not happy with it the second time around so down the rating goes...