September 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Foundations - Giorgio Armani - Designer Sculpting Cream Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by skysmedley

I love this foundation! I have acne prone skin, an only tee zone and dry cheeks. But overall this foundation works wonders for me. I love full coverage foundations and to get the best coverage from this foundation I use a flat head kabuki brush. I don't like using a a foundation brush with this foundation because it leaves to many lines all over my face. But the price is way to high, I paid something like $80 at David Jones. But i love the packaging because you don't waste a single drop and you can get every little bit thats in the jar. If you love a full coverage foundation I would recommend you try this foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

I previously used Luminous Silk before this foundation but I wanted something with more coverage so my girl at the Giorgio Armani counter suggested this foundation. It is probably the best full coverage foundation that I have ever used in terms of colour match (I'm a #5) and a little does go a long way. I tend to find alot of the other full coverage foundations feel heavy and look obvious but this one doesn't. When you use a primer underneath, this foundation doesn't budge. My main issues with this foundation is that it does not do anything for the dry areas on my combination skin, it actually seems to emphasise the problem more. Also, the packaging is not something I enjoy, I prefer the pump or tube styles as opposed to the pot this comes in, it does come with a little scoop scalpel but my anal side still has hygene concerns. The main reason that I would not repurchase this is because I have opted to change my make up routine recently and focus more on skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It has superior coverage that goes on so smooth with brush or sponge. I can't see myself using another foundation. (until summer where I will change to a lighter foundation).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

I really love this foundation, which is good for medium-high coverage. Keep in mind that the color shade #s run lighter (I used to use a 5.5 in LSF, but I use a 7 for this one; for reference, I am MAC NC30-35). First of all, the color selection is great. Secondly, the coverage is thick enough to cover most flaws, except for my scars, and I can use it as an undereye concealer. The texture is wonderful for my combo-dry skin, and it blends beautifully without leaving skin oily or dry... its just flawless and dewy. Add a light dusting of powder and I'm ready to apply color makeup. I bought a foundation brush b/c it allows me to maximize the product with less waste. I also spooned out the foundation into smaller travel sized containers which I use regularly. Its expensive, but one jar will give me ~6 mo. of flawless skin, so I think its worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by armani_girl

This is my #1 foundation that i use for nights out. It is FULL COVERAGE and makes my skin look like PORCELAIN. Reading the reviews here, i guess it looks different on different kinds of skin...i'm only 21, i dont really have any acne or scars on my face, i just want to even out my skin tone and i love that dewy-porcelain smooth foundation look. i always get compliments on my face when i wear this foundation. the only downside to it though is i've had it for about a year now and when i use this foundation it kind of looks ashy in pictures now. i don't know if it's because it's old or if i need to mix it more or something. However, my review for this product is still excellent. I don't think i can find anything that shapes and stays to my face as well as this foundation. I use the armani master primer under this foundation which makes a HUGE difference as far as the porcelain look. i would definately purchase again!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fey1

Have used LSF for years 6 originally with toning foundation and now 6.5. The SA persuaded me to buy this instead she insisted that it it was superior to LSF and intended for mature skin. She put some on me and it looked alright under the lights of the airport shop. I didn't buy the brush she tried to sell to go with it. But when I got home and tried my new foundation the next morning realised it was a big mistake. It showed up my pores and exaggerated my lines in fact it aged my skin by ten years it looked really dry. I was so upset I didn't use it again. The packaging is lovely though not very hygienic its a small glass tub. It is expensive but had it beaten the LSF I would have stuck with it. I sent it back to the Airport shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by slabbe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mature skin in excellent condition. I used the 5 color & must say when applied correctly (let it warm first on your skin), I had wonderful coverage, my skin had a very subtle glow & it lasted all day!
First time I wore it a friend asked me what make-up I used and went to Saks & purchased the same day! It is very expensive but will last a long time. I don't think you need to use it everywhere on your face but try the areas you want even coverage!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by theseawillkissme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UGH!! This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. First of all I drove really far to the only store in the valley that sells it. Next the people who helped me were pretty rude and the stuff cost 70.00 after tax. It looks horrible on, provides no coverage which the MA said was their fullest coverage and has a weird texture. It is exactly like the Benefit foundation, if you want this foundation I recommend getting the Benefit. It is 1/3 the price and does exactly the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I hate to be a nay-sayer but I was totally underwhelmed by this foundation. I have very dry post-menopausal skin that is super sensitive with rosacea(it's a peach!) so I was psyched to try this foundation as I've been struggling with dry flaky skin this winter. The good is that the foundation FEELS hydrating but the bad is that it emphasized any flaky areas and looked very powdery on my skin which is not the best look on very dry skin. It also looked obvious on--very paint-like--so it wasn't exactly a MSBB look. I actually liked the full coverage but would have preferred if it had blended more imperceptively; instead it was obvious I was wearing foundation, and this felt very much like a cream-to-powder on my skin and emphasized fine lines to boot. Colors do run light even though the SA argued with me about that point over the phone, and since I don't have a GA counter in my state, I am forced to rely on a stranger's judgment & order from an out of state Saks, which makes this just ok foundation an even bigger disappointment/hassle. And for $65.00/bottle I should LOVE this! Hope your experience is better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by snoophound

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Giorgio Armani cosmetics line is very hard to find and is fairly new on the market but seems to be catching on in the few locations I've shopped at. I loved the "subtle" color of their blushes, eye shadows, and lipsticks, and really appreciated the design aesthetic for this line with its "less is more" philosophy. I used to be a big fan of Channel powders because of the texture, but was frustrated with the dark pigments and the colors tend to go very orange in the warm tones. Finally, I found a line that has the same wonderful texture with very beautiful subtle shades. The sculpting cream is very silky, as advertised, and "sparingly" applied is definitely what you want to strive for - it has a firming ingredient that will leave your skin feeling tight, the same feeling you get when applying firming moisturizer. I have very dry skin, and I don't really feel an added moisture boost with this formula, however, on the other hand, with a good moisturizer underneath, I found that it does not dry and crackle on the skin in expression lines (which is my #1 concern with foundations for mature skin). The only disappointment with this foundation was the lack of colors in the middle range - it seemed to go either very light or dark, but not much in the middle. You are encouraged to blend the "closest match" with one of their "fluid sheer" tints to bring you to your natural skin tone. I was told that the color will also warm up after about 30 minutes, a concept I had never heard of before, but I did find that did occur somewhat, but I think it was mostly due to the fact that the foundation had just settled into my skin more, giving it a more natural look. I've tried alot of foundations, and I'm extremely picky because I have sensitive skin with combination warm and cool tones, making me an extremeley difficult type to match with the right color and texture, but with this product I came to feel my search is over. It does seem to come the closest at providing me with a good fit. I was immediately left with the feeling that this was a formula that understood what I had been looking for and had never managed to find before and it defintely felt like a breakthrough moment for me when I first tried it on. I have to give major credit to the marketers who put together this line as I was completely taken in by the Armani branding for this line. I discovered through some online research that the line is owned by L'Oreal, under license with Armani so the brand image was sort of just shot out of the water for me once I discovered that. Its hard to feel like you've just indulged in a little bit luxury knowing its made by the same company that makes Lancome. It would have made my pleasure complete if I had known this was independently owned by a division of Armani. However, I have to give the Armani company huge credit for providing the "vision" for this line that is consistent with their brand image and design aesthetic, so on that level, the partnership seems to be a match made in heaven. Some designer brands will lend their name to any effort, losing control of the brand image, and quickly disillusioning the consumer who feels that the quality was in the name only. I hope this line stays around for awhile and takes off to become a long term commercial success. Give it a try for awhile and hopefully you'll find some magic there that you haven't found before in another line.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No