September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Chrome Nail makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Fortunately, I picked this up at Rite-Aid for 75% off. Unfortunately, it was very disappointing. The brush hairs are too flimpsy to get a smooth finish. After the first time you use it, it's hard to dispense product to the top of the brush possibly because from the previous times the product is already throughout the brush. The gold chrome was not near as foil shiny as I had expected. I bought this is 4 colors because it was on clearance. blah! wish I could return these now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the chromes. I have quite a few of them. They always lasted long and covered in one coat but I always did two. I have an issue with the bottle and not being able to see how much product is left. I know they have the chrome pens that are suuuper expensive but the original chromes will always have a place in my heart.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by priscillaaa

I have the silver only on my ring finger.
I applied two-three coats, and it looks amazing.
No streaks whatsoever.
I love the finish of it!

I have a few of the other colours from this line, the red, pink, blue and purple.
I haven't tried them all out yet, but I will definitely try them out after this manicure comes off!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ilovethings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this product has gotten bad reviews. I absolutely love the futuristic look of the chrome. Ive had two of these for years now in my nail polish collection and the only thing i can say is that it seems one of the chemicals in the bottle ate the color right up. So instead of a blue or rose shade its now more of a silver. Which is fine with me. It dries pretty quickly and looks great against tanned skin. After having these for a couple of years sitting in my box, i want to get some more but I'm seeing them for like 17.99-29.99 which is absolutely ridiculous. I highly doubt i paid that much for these. Maybe if theyre they discontinued?? IDK but if i happen to find them for under $10 then ill def stock up. I also know other lines make these kind of "chrome" finishes as well

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by icey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its just a fancy silver nailpolish, it doesn't have the mirror like finish advertised on the box (I purchased the Color Quick paintbrush like one in Silver Chrome). It's quite thick so buffing first is a must, you must watch out for air bubbles and one coat was sufficient. A Sally Hansen top coat actually dulled the finish and made it even less mirror like. Nothing special and quite expensive, I will be returning.

EDIT: I second the comment below that it looks like aluminum foil - I was thinking the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by scabooter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are pretty and unique, but they scuff off quickly so a good top coat is a must. Very impressive how well they cover, though, and sometimes one coat is enough. As with most chrome polishes these will accentuate any imperfections on your nails, so I usually buff my ridges off first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say, I kinda liked how this looked but it took me several manicures to skillfully get this stuff to look good. And it chipped really fast :( I hate it when polish chips so quickly. A big bummer. The outside of the bottle doesn't quite give you a good idea of what it will turn out like on your nails. Wont buy this stuff again. I have discovered Sally's and am in love with China Glaze and Orly Bonder base coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by pailbluesea

Epic fail. I was so excited to find a chrome silver nailpolish, and all this stuff did was make a pretty streaky mess on my nails. More coats did nothing to get rid of the streaks and to add insult to injury, it chipped within hours. Bah.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I have this in an aqua blue and in silver. I looks weird on my hands, but pretty cool for pedicures. I like the silver a lot better than the blue ( not as flattering on my pale skin).. Since I use it on my toes chipping hasn't been much of a problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiChaosBrown

I remember being a kid and painting my nails nearly everyday. I used Sally Hansen Chrome Nail make up & probably will sometime when I find the time.

It looked awesome, although I do have to agree with previous posters concerning the chipping issue.

-Lorelai Chaos Brown-