August 28, 2014 | 1141 users online

Liquid - Jafra - Jafra always color stay on makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After reading a lot of positive reviews of this product on this site and on Amazon, I decided to give it a try. I located a consultant in my area and went to her webpage. After doing that, I had no idea what shade I needed. So I met with the consultant to try different shades. After trying 4 or 5 different shades, we agreed that the Natural Tan was right for me. It's a perfect match to my skin. I also think that this product is reasonably priced. I couldn't wait to give this product a try. There are definitely some positives here. A little goes a long way. It does a great job of covering up the bumps and redness on my face. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin, which is always a good thing for me. This foundation is not awful, but in my opinion, it is not anything special either. There are quite a few things I did not like about this foundation.

First, I do not like the packaging at all. I really wish it had a pump. This product is very thick and it can be a challenge to get it out of the bottle. It is really easy to get too much or too little. I like the convience of the pump because it is much easier to control how much comes out and is a lot less messy.
But my biggest complaint is about how this makeup felt on my face. This is a very thick and heavy makeup. You can definitely tell its on your face. It is very easy to use too much, and when you do, you can really tell. When its first applied, this makeup feels very tacky. Because of this, I had to switch up my makeup routine a bit.. I usually do foundation, powder, mascara, lipstick, then eye shadow. I had to start applying my powder last. Most of the time, I would have to completely remove the foundation and start over to get it to look decent. I used this foundation for about 5 days. Four of those days, I had to apply the foundation twice. The fifth day, I had to reapply THREE times! My beauty routine started taking twice as long to complete. It got really annoying after awhile.

Even though this makeup is oil free, I noticed shine and redness peeking through midway through the day. Especially on my nose and cheeks(where I am the most oily) This makeup reminds of Estee Lauder Double Wear. I tried a free sample of that foundation at Macys. I really did not like it. But if you like the Double Wear and are looking for a cheaper alternative, you will love this product. At $15 (online) this Jafra product is about half the price of the Double Wear. Like the Double Wear, it is a full-coverage makeup and has a similar texture. If you do not like Double Wear, you will not like this either. I was going to use up the rest of the bottle. But in the end, I decided it just was not worth the hassle. I returned it to the consultant and got my money back. I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JFrazao77

I used to use Lancome's foundation, and I liked it a lot, but it is rather expensive and melted completely after way less than a year- never happened to me before! So I figured that I would try Jafra since it only costs about $14, and I got the desert biege color on the advice of the consultant I got it from, and I have loved the results! It looks extremely natural on the skin, blends easily, covers all of those blackheads on my nose:) and it doesn't feel like I even have foundation on when I wear this! My friend was also extremely pleased w/ the results she says it's the only thing she will ever wear again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

wowwwww nice!!!! although the color selection is strange.... im a light ivory... not super pale.. just average.. and the very second shade down "soft ivory" is so dark and beigy like!!! (I had a sample size) so the very first shade is porcelain. I am going to try that.havent got it yet....
anyway.even using the wrong color.it was easy to see how great this stuff was!!! it has 100% complete coverage and gives an excellent look! definately NOT matte! more dewy like made my skin look so pretty and natural. Definately looking forward to trying the porcelain and hope it isnt pinky....
it stayed on. I am trying new ones all the time and right now its this and senegence(makesense semi-permanent foundation) im trying..... the senegence foundation in ivory is excellent. by the way.was just out in sunlight and it looked perfect in car mirror!! (RARE) I tried to review senegence but they havent added it yet as a brand.....
anyway jafra is wondeful, not for oily skin though I wouldnt think.
mine is combo and I found it to be great. I slept in it, it didnt come off.
reminded me of estee lauder double wear smooth look and feel yet somehow better and a million times easier to spread. fool proof appliaction which I love! great for a hurry, went on effortless basically yet still provided flawless coverage with a small amount! not so expensive either.. HALF the price of department stores at around $14 a 1 oz. bottle... the soft ivory has no dreaded yellow,pink or orangy look to it at all.. same with the senegence ivory! finallyyyyyyyyyyy true neutrals!!! without undertones!!!! (HATE) undertones such as yellow pink or orange ugh!
so try these brands/colors if you wish to avoid those altogether as well.... I can only speak for the shades I listed.Have a great day:) happy hunting. message me in future if u wish... I will have tried the porcelain by then :) or ill edit here on that........senegence and jafra are both on ebay
EDIT!!:
OK so i just got it in PORCELAIN the lightest shade..so far so good....... its pale enough... but in no way is too pale.... I actually LIKE to "fake" the "pale look" so this isnt light enough for me....... but just right........not pink or orange or yellow.. just a perfect light ivory. 100% coverage instantly.... easiest to spread/apply.buildable.