August 21, 2014 | 1354 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay Soft and Smooth Lipcolor in Mocha Silk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this for $2.00 at Big Lots . I can't believe I never tried it before it was discontinued! This is my new favorite Brown Girl nude. It looks perfect with NYX Nude Truffle lipliner and a little clear gloss. It's a must have, if you can find it. I already went back and bought all I could find! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on quite a nude/neutral lip look lately and I bought this lipstick in this shade this past weekend. I'm quite pleased with it and I topped it with a Rimmel lipgloss called Stay Glossy in Immortal Charm. A perfect nude lip!! I'm so happy, I can't stand it. I lined my lips with Chanel's Aqua Crayon in Chocolate and the look is exactly what I've been looking for in as far as a nude lip goes! I didn't notice any grayish tinge to this product like others have stated. I did notice that it went on rather smoothly and with the gloss on top, there's no dryness whatsoever. I'm very pleased with this purchase indeed!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by megankm0621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this color and the consistency of it, its really good lipstick for a drugstore brand

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by purpleicefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for 75% off at CVS, so I paid around $2.49. It's a nice, beigey-pink nude color. I love the formulation of this--very silky, creamy, and smooth. Pigmentation is pretty good too. I love the smell too--it's a faint scent that reminds me of pure vanilla extract. Only downside is that it didn't last too long for me, maybe because I wore it over some lip balm. I would purchase again but only if it was on sale--I think it's regular price of $9.99 is way too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love Revlon Colorstay Soft and Smooth Lipcolors! "Mocha Silk" is a great brown/nude color that makes me look older and more sophisticated. I use it with shimmery brown eyeshadow and bronzer for a monochromatic look. I love how it lasts a long time without drying out my lips. Upon application, the texture feels very thin and liquidy, but the color won't budge after it sets. I like to put a tiny bit of lip balm under or over it to keep my lips looking glossy and smooth. But do keep in mind that having lip balm underneath this lipstick will prevent it from sticking to your lips correctly, meaning that you will probably have to reapply more often.

NOTE: My only gripe is that the lipstick bullet doesn't twist all the way down, which makes it extremely likely that I will accidentally scrape against it with the cap. This was great when I was trying to see the shades of the lipsticks at the store, but not if I'm trying to put the cap back on the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up for $4 on a sale. It is always kind of tricky picking out colors in the store because the clear cap catches this glint of florescent light drugstores are famous for, and you just kind of have to guess if the color is right. In this case, I let the name "Mocha Silk" guide me. It turned out to be a perfect sweet but neutral color, a pink based glazed brown. It's great for work and it has a hint of spring. The texture is lovely. I find that usually lipsticks tend to dry my lips even when I add lipgloss, which drives me crazy. I tend to put a little SPF chapstick first, and then Mocha Silk. It feels perfect and last for ever. I have olive skin so it looks great as a "nude" with a hint of color. If you are very pale, I probably would not recommend this color, so keep that in mind.I would definitely buy this again and try other colors in the Soft and Smooth line.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MERP

Edit: I've decided I don't like this shade and it does have too much silver/grey that the others mention that looks a little dead. I still like the Colorstay formula though. I now prefer Fabulous Fig and Pecan Pleasure, and will retire the Mocha Silk.

This is the daily neutral pinky-brown (or browny-pink?) I was looking for that I can put on and FORGET for hours at a time. It has a bit of silvery shimmer which may be the "grey" referred to in other reviews.

The Colorstay product goes on real smooth and slippery but then sets real fast. After it sets, it stays put but can feel a little tight and dry, but nothing that a balm on top can't comfort. I like the Colorstay lipstick formula; I have this in Pecan Pleasure (?--Pecan something) as well as Sheer Plum. I like both of those colors too. (I've also had a few duds too--a couple that turned out too frosty pink or coral--I don't know the names because I chucked them.)

I agree that the packaging is awfully cheap. I got this for $9.99 not on sale and that's pretty pricey for a drugstore brand--you'd think they'd make a nicer tube. Plus, I had to test each Mocha Silk by shaking each one and picked the tube that "rattled" the least--I hope the stick doesn't fall out or something).

I would buy this again though, despite the price and cheap plastic tube (I will definitely watch for BOGO deals). I just think the long-wearing convenience outweighs the negative packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an alright shade, kind of MLBB, but its a bit too brown. Wish it had more pink in it.

The thing I love about this lipstick is the consistency. Doesn't feel like I have anything on, and my lips remain somewhat stained throughout the night, all I need to do is apply lipgloss and I look okay. My problem is that I normally look really washed out with JUST tinted lipgloss, i always need to layer it on top of a lipstick. If I use this once at night before going out, I don't have to go through the whole lipstick reapplication process, and can just apply a juicytube without even looking in the mirror. :)

Although these lippies are kinda pricey for drugstore, it's a great idea to wait for BOGOF. Honestly, I like the texture and color payoff of these new colorstays better than some of my MAC lippies. I'm looking forward to buying many more! NC40-42 GGG lsf8

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jmcoco

I absolutely love this lipstick. Most of the colors in this line are either too orange or too pink, but this one is perfect. It is a neutral light brownish pink color that is super flattering with my skintone. I don't think It would work with someone of a fairer complexion, but for my face it is perfection. The staying power is descent. By itself it will last about 3 to 4 hours with mild drinking and eating, but if you fill in your lips with a neutral liner (I use Rimmel in Addiction) it will last practicly all day. I think I will use this combo for a long time because I am way too busy for touch ups during the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I really like the consistency of these lipsticks, this color was just a hint too brown for my very naturally pink lips. It washed me out.