October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Heat Defence Styling Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by neonsparks101

This is an amazing heat protectant making my hair smooth and sleek. I also love the smell of it. The only thing that I don't like is that the spray nozzle snapped off multiple times so I had to alternate to an empty spray bottle. But otherwise, I totally recommend getting this heat protectant!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I dont use any other heat defence products from TREsemme. I love the smell, it isnt heavy on my hair, and it nicely protects them from straightening giving me luxourious feeling. The only issue of mine is the price, it used to be cheaper but now its like 5per bottle, but when you get it on sale is perfect!! Great product, great company

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by moshsinner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product it really does protect your hair before styling.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't sure about this at first. Upon buying it, the spray nozzle snapped off before I'd even tried it, but I decanted it immediately into an old rose toner bottle I luckily had hanging around. So, zero points for packaging. However, I do really like this product. I don't use heated appliances other than a quick five minute blast with a hairdryer, but my hair feels overall in better shape thanks to using this slightly tacky, rather smelly spray. Where it excels for me, and why I will buy it again, is its frizz-taming ability. Its the best for smoothing down the baby curls that stick out around my temples, and smoothing frizz down the lengths of my hair, too. Far far better than my Tigi frizz cream, and coconut oil which can tame frizz at the expense of overall hair fullness (it can be greasy). I would recommend, and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ecmazzei

First off, I've never written a review for MakeupAlley (though I use the site quite frequently) - I just wanted to caution fellow users on the packaging of this product. I recently got bangs cut and need to straighten them every morning so I headed over to MakeupAlley to find a good heat spray. I picked this up and I liked it. The only problem is the packaging. The first time I went away with this in tow it spilled all over my suitcase. The screw-on top (not the spray nozzle) had come loose. Fool me once, Heat Defence Styling Spray. So now all of my headbands now smell like this spray. A few weeks later, I went away again. I made sure that the cap was screwed on as tight as I could manage. I come back to my bag later to fish it out, and the cap has come off again! What sort of voodoo is this? I've only had this about a month but with all the spillage I've lost about 1/4 of the product. Thank goodness it's cheap.

Moral of the story: If you are packing this for your travels, transfer it to a secure spray bottle that you can trust. If this is just sitting on your counter, then don't even worry about it; you'll have no beef with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by vikitalks

I loved this product, have been using for long time (about 2-3 yrs). It really protects your hair from being overheated while blow-drying. After using this product my hair is really straight and silky.

www.viki-talks.com

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Kpmuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Actually really like this product, my hair is quite damaged and this leaves my hair really soft and looking great. I've been told these products aren't too good for your hair because of the silicones but that's definitely not the case for me and I think it helps to fill in the porous areas in my hair making it look and feel good instead of a bit crunchy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by chelzeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! My hair was so dry so I bought this after finding Tresseme works best for my hair. I stopped using it because I saw another product but I'm going to go buy it again because my hair went dry again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by MelihaP

Love it. It makes my hair soft and shiny after blow drying. I do not use heat tools so I can't say anything about that. Personally I love the candy smell. The pump is fantastic as it disperses the product evenly without having to hold the bottle far away. It holds the style better than using nothing, but not much more than that. As I am not looking for something to hold my style, I did not consider this in my rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am in love with this product. Keeping a stash of it in my bathroom just in case it ever gets discontinued. It has a strong smell, but it's a good one. I do think it protects my hair from heat damage because I either blow dry or straighten my hair pretty often, and my hair dresser says my hair is in perfect condition. The only teensy little downside is that it makes my dry hair a tad too damp for my likes, seeing as I only want to straighten my hair when it's completely dry.