October 23, 2014 | 1689 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - RV544 Tourmaline Ionic Hairdryer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using mine for years and absolutely love it! It's lightweight and the buttons are super easy to use compared to my last dryer which was hard to get it to slide to the right setting. If mine ever broke I would absolutely buy another one just like it, but mine has been going strong for like 3 years now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by leemitchell

This is the first blow dryer I have ever used. I have *very* thick, curly hair and have been letting it air dry for years. I've been worried about damaging my hair and creating frizz, and (don't laugh) never really understood was a diffuser was. Lately, I've been getting sick of having wet hair all day, and I wanted something that would not damage my curls or create frizz.

So far, this dryer has been doing the trick. My hair is looking better than it did from air drying alone. When curly hair is touched during its drying phase, it creates a lot more frizz. By cutting my drying time with this blow dryer, my hair is much more manageable looking and feels healthier.

I feel like this is a pretty standard dryer. It's nothing fancy, but it does what it's supposed to. It has two settings, medium and high heat, and it has a low and high setting for the intensity of the air it blows. It also has a "cold shot," so that you can sort of "freeze" your style. I'm not sure if that really works... Maybe?

Regardless, if you're looking for a blow dryer in the $20 - $30 range. This doesn't disappoint. It does what it's supposed to!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never owned a hair dryer in my life. I have long, average-thickness, fine, curly hair. I've always air-dried it, but now that it's getting longer, it takes forever to dry. I'll wash it at 6:00 in the morning and it won't even be dry by 9:00. So, I decided to invest in a hair dryer. The Revlon Tourmaline comes with a diffuser, which is what people with curly hair should use (to prevent direct heat). I'm SO happy I made this purchase, because this gets my hair dry in 25 minutes (still longer than I'd like, but much better than 3 hours), AND it gives it great body and shine! My curls are livelier than ever, and never frizzy.

Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ericaadams

have been very pleased with the amount of time saved while drying my hair with this blow dryer... i have very thick hair with some natural wave in it. this cuts down the length of time it use to take me to blow dry my hair by more than half! i noticed immediately.. used my old dryer last week when i was at a friends and was sooooo frustrated with the little amount of air used .... this dryer has a lot of air coming out and this helps dry my hair so fast i think

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by charliesmom2907

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

oh here it goes....this is without a DOUBT the BEST hairdryer i have ever owned and trust me i have owned a lot. I bought in in Walmart about 3 weeks ago without reading reviews on it and every day it amazes me what it does. I dry my hair in half the time and the best part is how awesome my hair looks after...usually when i wear my hair straight i would have to run a hair straightener thru my hair after i dry it..well not anymore...my hair is so smooth and frizz free it is amazinggggggggggggggg! Even the next day it still looks great and also, less static which is even more awesome..i can wear scarves again!!

The negative reviews some people are writing about this dryer amaze me cause i just dont get it. some people say it breaks after a year but for 20 bucks?? who cares! id buy another one if it broke in 6 months! I literally have been telling everyone about this dryer. I even told my friends i wold give them their 20 bucks back if they didnt like it....this is a must have for everybody!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, my mom's old hair dryer was getting pretty old. We went to Ulta and bought this hair blow dryer. I fell in love with it! Only $25 at Ulta!!!

At first when I dried my hair straight, I did have some frizz, but my hair relaxes after a few minutes .I used to use some crappy blow dryer and then straighten it which is dumb since I have straight hair.

This leaves your hair light weight and soft. It's not too loud, but it's not as quiet. The hot is too hot for me oddly, but there's luckily a warm setting. It's not too heavy. My arms usually get tired and this definitely didn't tire me. Overall, this blow dryer is really good and inexpensive!

UPDATE(6/6/2012): It's no longer frizzy because I use a different heat portectant. I used to use the Aussie one and it made my hair really rough and frizzy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you would've asked me 3 weeks ago to review this I would've given it full stars. However, after a year of use it started to breakdown completely. Now it turns on when it wants to, stops in the middle of my blow-dry 7-10 times! I had purchased the travel one because I travel a lot and for the travel one it refuses to start off in the high setting, it starts off in low and then randomly switches to high heat when it's ready. Both of them with personality disorders and I've used them on multiple plugs so I know it's not the plug.

On the positive, if you have thin fine hair this dryer does the trick, but if you have thick coarse hair that needs a lot of heat to straighten look somewhere else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mine was a piece of junk. the nozzle would not stay on whatsoever so although I straighten my hair I was never able to use the nozzle to do so. Plus took forever to dry. Many of the same complaints the other one lippy reviews. Just was way underwhelmed with this purchase Just purchased a T3 for not too much more than i paid for this and the difference is huge!!! My hair is now silkly after a blowout & it took half the time. Really sorry I wanted so long to switch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Creates a lot of body and volume to my hair. I would purchase a different brand of blow dryer after this one dies on me, but for now it gets the job done. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would be writing a review for a hairdryer, but here I am! This hairdryer is awesome and needs to be praised in a review! My 6 year old dryer died (a Revlon one as well) so I went searching for a new one. I did a Google search and an online Consumer Report rated this in the top 3, even against the $200 professional dryers out there. Plus it was like $27 at Ulta so I was sold. It comes with 2 attachments---a diffuser and a nozzle. I haven't tried either but if you are a person that requires a dryer that comes with these, it does.
What it claims:
-decreases blow dry time
-light weight
-less noise
-leaves your hair shiny and smooth

What I found:
-For me, it took just as long to dry my hair if not a few minutes longer. No big deal, but definitely didn't reduce time.
-It weighs slightly less than my previous (6 year old) dryer. I have a feeling most dryers probably weigh less nowadays as compared to older models. It didn't wow me with it's lightness.
-As for noise, it's average. No more, no less than any other dryer.
-Now for the kicker....the smoothness and shine of my hair!!!! YES YES YES! This actually made me say "wow!" out loud after I was done. I have course, very wavy, thick hair. This sucker got my hair smooth! I still need to use a flat iron afterward but my hair is nowhere near the poof that it was in the past after drying. I definitely recommend this to others!