September 30, 2014 | 1943 users online

Fragrances - Profumum Thundra

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I own this is a very well made fragrance, but it takes some personality to wear it... lots of it. I'm still too obtuse to reckon mushrooms can make a good note for a fragrance but I do understand this is a great work of art: the patchouli, especially, comes out magnificent. It realy delivers the rich and overwhelming smell of a forest in a damp November morning.
But with that said, I would never ever walk around smelling of mushroom, I'm sorry.
I'll keep my sample for some solitary appreciation here and then, enjoying this well made experiment without need to justify to others wondering if I've just come home from mushroom picking in the woods.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ninsun

3 lippies just because I actually like mushroom!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm very happy to have had the chance to try Thundra-- but I probably would not buy it. The initial application on me smells like tar with an anise or licorice note in it-- quite bitter-- herbal. It honestly reminds me of a sudden rainstorm on hot, hot summer pavement. I was wondering-- is this something weird from CDG? It's interesting-- truly-- but would you wear it out? Probably not. The drydown is much more wearable, and comes about 15-30 minutes later, and is a sort of ozonic patchouli-- with that fresh rained upon earth and grass smell. It still retains just a hint of that bitter herbally scent, but not enough to offend-- just enough to make it challenging and interesting. I look forward to trying this one again. And maybe trying it on my husband as well. It paints quite a picture.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bellafaccia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Had to try this more than once to really decide if I liked it on me or not. First application, I thought it was nice, but a bit too masculine for me.

Tried it again, and OMG - love, love, love! All the notes emerge clearly. The mint, the musk, the patchouli -- and love them all equally. The dry down is a unique clean & clear blend of mint-musk-patchouli on me. It is like nothing else I own and I love it!

I was going to see how it worked on DH (and I may still) but this one is definitely mine to keep!
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

{{big sigh}}...another lemming, DOA. I could not wait to get the cap off of my sample of Thundra when it arrived in my LS shipment...based on all the chatter on the Fragrance Board that raved about it, I was sure it was going to be a hit for me (especially as Profumum's Ichnusa is a Top 5 favorite for me). Oh, the bitter disappointment. This one on me is pure patchouli. We're talking the patchouli oil that my college boyfriend dabbed liberally over his body before throwing on his tie-dye and firing up his bong. No mint, no leaves...and just a tiny sweet hint of the white musk, but totally and utterly buried by patchouli. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate patch entirely, but appreciate it if it blended thoughtfully and with care (e.g. Borneo 1834). Thundra is linear from start to finish on me (and I've given it 2 tries, all day, to win me over). This is $8 patchouli oil from the hippie health food store of my college days, masquerading as a $185 niche perfume....at least it is on me. I still adore my Ichnusa, but I'm a little less starry-eyed about the Profumum house of perfumes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MelissaM

A fragrance for a mature gentleman. Opens with a beautiful blast of ozoney goodness (hence the name, perhaps?), but dries down to something musty and powdery and old-fashioned. I definitely get the old man's closet note going; this is a fragrance that a man might have worn at the turn of the century. It has a very "dated" smell, sort of like the Hoyt's Colognes did way back when. Not very sexy to me. Whatever you do, don't buy sight unsmelled when it comes to this one - the name is very misleading. I nearly purchased first, and am so glad that I didn't - I would have been out a lot of $$$!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Ivirginia

Definitely a Masculine scent...but a very soft one at that. at first application it's a bit harsh but it settles into a nice musky patchouli that reminds me of an older very sophisticated man. It's nice but not for me, ..or hubby just yet :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by dinahad

Oh, this stuff is nice! The notes are leaves, mint, patchouli, white musk. I can smell the mint in the top notes but it dries to a mild yet clean patchouli scent. The musc must be a white or china musc which lends its clean scent to the drydown. The patchouli is absolutely present but is faint. Overall, I love the way these notes blend. Edited a few days later: After trying this a few more times, I have to say that while a good, interesting scent, I think it is more masculine than feminine.