April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Cake Mascara in Velvet Black [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mled5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was born in the 70's, so I had never used this. I happen to run across it on a beauty review and decided to check ebay. I found 2 sellers and 1 woman had been cleaning her aunt's house and found a whole box of unopened packs! She's selling the extras (her aunt still uses them and ONLY uses them) for a starting bid of 10.00 dollars with free shipping! I can't wait to try mine! P.S. I rated all 3's because I haven't got or tried it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by gocats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I wore this in the late 1970s, and I boosted it from my mother. It made fabulous, full, feathery lashes. Given that it's been 30 years, and back then I did my makeup twice a day, I can't testify to its staying power. I'm surprised its still available - I haven't seen it for a quarter century. Now that everyone is introducing battery-powered oscillating wands, and there are two dozen formulations of every mascara, I long for the simpler times. But not for $45.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by nmquinnn

You can get it for a WHOPPING $44.75 from amazon dot com

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ultagirl21

does anyone know where i can find this amazing stuff?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this stuff is discontinued since I haven't seen it since the mid-80's, but I'll give it a brief eulogy. Add a couple drops of water, brush on, fantastic lashes. Maybe it was too difficult for the general masses to master? Maybe neat-freaks couldn't deal with the open pan of black cake? I have no idea, but it really worked. If they brought it back I'd buy a dozen.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No