Maybelline Cake Mascara in Velvet Black [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 9/3/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was born in the 70's, so I had never used this. I happen to run across it on a beauty review and decided to check ebay. I found 2 sellers and 1 woman had been cleaning her aunt's house and found a whole box of unopened packs! She's selling the extras (her aunt still uses them and ONLY uses them) for a starting bid of 10.00 dollars with free shipping! I can't wait to try mine! P.S. I rated all 3's because I haven't got or tried it :(

on 8/29/2009 10:20:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I wore this in the late 1970s, and I boosted it from my mother. It made fabulous, full, feathery lashes. Given that it's been 30 years, and back then I did my makeup twice a day, I can't testify to its staying power. I'm surprised its still available - I haven't seen it for a quarter century. Now that everyone is introducing battery-powered oscillating wands, and there are two dozen formulations of every mascara, I long for the simpler times. But not for $45.

on 8/29/2009 9:35:00 PM

You can get it for a WHOPPING $44.75 from amazon dot com

on 10/25/2007 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

does anyone know where i can find this amazing stuff?

on 9/18/2006 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm pretty sure this stuff is discontinued since I haven't seen it since the mid-80's, but I'll give it a brief eulogy. Add a couple drops of water, brush on, fantastic lashes. Maybe it was too difficult for the general masses to master? Maybe neat-freaks couldn't deal with the open pan of black cake? I have no idea, but it really worked. If they brought it back I'd buy a dozen.

Popular Mascaras