October 2, 2014 | 1394 users online

Hair Treatments - Got 2 Be - Hottie Oil Therapy Repair Blasts

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by mauigold

Tried this one once but was not impressed. It was a tad sticky and thick, which at the time I thought was good because I have coarse wavy hair. Nope! I've done the V05 treatments and Suave which I love, for the price and it delivers better than the others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These were pretty good, over all. My hair was shinier, softer and healthier after using them. I seem to have paid a lot more than everyone else, but that's always the case because of where I live - I paid a little under $10 for three and used once a week for three weeks. I took one lippie off because I didn't notice much difference in using this hot oil treatment and heating up some olive oil and using THAT as a treatment. It does have a nice smell that's not overpowering, and helped repair some of the damage at the ends of my hair from straightening and colouring.Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tashabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Big Lots for 2 bucks, I don't think I would pay more for it than that. I think it is pretty good for a hot oil treatment. One little blue bubble (you get 3) has enough product for the longest and thickest of hair. This in conjuction with the hottie repair conditioner (I'm not sure of the exact name, but its the same blue/red color and it's in the "Hottie" line) made my hair very shiny and soft, with less breakage than I normally have. Could weight hair down if you don't rinse the products out really good. If I was going to use a hot oil treatment I would use this vs. anything else, for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by rumbach

Sorry to break up the good reviews, but I simply was not that impressed with this product. I got it at Big Lots for $2, maybe it's being discontinued, but I used it as soon as I got home. I only used half of the little container, because with just half my hair was pretty saturated (for reference, I have hair just past my shoulders, but pretty thick) THe container is pretty useless, since it's designed to be used once and thrown away, but I kept the rest I had left in a little container. I first had trouble opening it, because its meant to be cut off I gues (who has scissors in their shower) so, some of the oil got in my eye. Then, the oil jsut really didn't seem to do anything for my hair, even after I waited for it to airdry. My hair wasn't noticably shinier, smoother, or softer, but neither was it particularly oily or weighed down. All in all, I aid 2 bucks for nothing...would not buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! it works as well as any super-expensive deep conditioning treatment, but it's cheap! I am addicted. I have thick, course black hair (I'm Indian) and after using one of these bubbles, my hair looked healthy, shiny and sooo soft :) I actually got quite a few compliments. The only bad thing I would say about them is that there aren't any instructions on how often to use a treatment. Once a week? twice a week? whenever you feel like it? lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by tiramisu2c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what I think is a unique product. It's kinda like the VO5 hot oil treatments, but I guess a little different.
First of all, I have deeply wavy/frizzy/curly shoulder-length FINE hair, but there's TONS of it.
The Oil Therapy Blasts come in a cute blue bubble package with three little blue bubble packets inside. Each package of three costs about $6-7. It has three weekly Oil treatments.
Upon application, they smelled to me JUST like Tanning Oil. Kinda like the beach, but not overwhelming. The oil also seemed to heat up on its own which I guess is the "hottie" aspect of it. It also felt like a generous helping for my crazy amount of hair. Plus, the packets were easy to open in the shower.
I left it in for the recommended 3 minutes and it seemed to go well. My hair felt kinda warm after, which was nice. Then, I followed with my Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner and I did find that my Shampoo lathered up quite nicely.
My hair felt very nicely conditioned and nice.
I'm not quite sure what this product was supposed to do for my hair, but it didn't do anything bad.
It says to use it whenever your hair need a shot of "hottie." So, I guess that's when I'll use it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No