Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

3.0

on 2/16/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I adore cream eyeshadow and it is by far my favorite product to buy. This, however is just not a good one, which is so sad because the colors are so lovely. The formula is extremely emollient, to the point of being almost slick. This makes it difficult to work with and kind of messy. It never sets on the eye, leading the staying power to be exceptionally poor. I am someone who very rarely has problems with creasing or lasting power (even with products that have notoriously poor lasting power like, say, the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils), but this creases on me within about a minute and is completely gone within a few hours. The best way to use this is as a base, but even as that it is not a very good one as it's not really tacky but just slick. Also, it creases. I did give it two lippies because it does have some lovely shades. But all in all, this is not a good cream eyeshadow and there are much better ones that are less expensive. If you're looking for a very emollient formula that you can use both as a base or on its own, I recommend the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as a decent one. As far as long lasting, the Rimmel Scandaleyes is great in the drugstore. But yeah, these are not great.

on 11/22/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

estas sombras son muy efectivas para usarlas como prebase para usar las sombras en polvo

on 2/27/2014 12:44:00 AM

I had this in skinlights, and these shadows are so creamy and pretty! There was a shimmery brown, a shimmery white, a shimmery reddish-copper and a matte cream flesh tone. I use these mainly as a base, but the lasting power is so poor....they crease, don't last very long, overall I wouldn't recommend.

on 1/27/2014 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like these creme eyeshadows. As others have stated they work much better as an eyeshadow base than they do alone. Like any cream they will crease without a powder, so set them with an eyeshadow on top and they are really pretty and long lasting! I would not try to wear them alone or blend multiple colors

In comparison to my MAC paint pots the colors are much more sheer and they all have a "sheen" to them that is not glittery or overly shimmery. I personally like the sheerness as I think it makes them more wearable for daytime. I also like that you get 4 colors a set. Let me also say that I do not have oily eyelids and have not had a problem with these wearing off quickly.

I have these in the colors skin lights, copper canyon, twilight, va va va bloom, wild orchid and khaki suede. I would recommend them

on 1/6/2014 11:53:00 PM

I cannot understand the hate on this product. I used the quad in black magic all the way up years ago and for whatever reason didn't buy again, and I just recently picked up Not Just Nudes and am determined to buy nearly every color! I have dry eyelids so these are a great option, can be used as a subtle day look or built up for night. Works best with a primer, but don't all shadows?

on 12/5/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Creases if worn alone.
Stays beautifully if used as a shadow base.
(Especially loose shadow base applied with finger).

Tried it out today after putting them away for months without realizing this... (derp)
It stayed on all day and I have oily oily skin...
I did use a shadow primer though as its a habit.

on 10/4/2013 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I decided to try this after reading an article on Yahoo for a quick face. I like the brown bronze tone in the pictures. Note to self stop reading make trips from Yahoo. Maybe I am doing something wrong, the only way I can describe how this looks on me is streaky and blochy color bits. I tried bare skin and tried with a base. I'm wearing today at work, but have to admit when I finished applying I gave my eyelids a once over with a wedge sponge and blended most of the product away. Next negative how do you get a pencil liner to go on over this cream, nothing worked for me and I am not savvy enough for liquid liner. The color is very sheer very low pigment. I will return to Bobbi Brown cream pots. The only plus is the price page $3.59 for quad at Ulta 3 and most of that was covered by the spend $10.00 get a $3.50 coupon. I bought two Canyon and Sea Shell. I have not tried the Sea Shell yet but it's colors are even lighter than Canyon. As someone else mentioned I will try as primer and try single colors rather than blending.

on 8/9/2013 8:56:00 PM

OK, OK... before you boo and hiss this product lemme give you a great idea in which you can turn this from a negative into a positive. These are crème based shadows and come in many different colors and don't work well at all as an eyeshadow BUT, this product is great to use as an eyeshadow base or primer. Spread this product over your lid evenly with your fingers and then apply your desired eyeshadow over it. AMAZING! It really is a great base for your eyeshadows and really makes the colors pop and will have long staying power. It kind of reminds me of MAC's paint pots at a way lesser cost with color options! Before you toss this product, give this a try because I promise you will love it!!!

on 6/7/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The product in theory would be great.
Its a nice idea to have a quad of creme shadows unlike the colour tattoos where you have to buy them indicidually (which can add up for a lot of money).
At first I found they werent as pigmented as I hoped but i ended up liking that because it wasnt a sin if you took to much and I found they spread out evenly.
They were easy to blend and I really liked applying it.
I am only giving it a 3/5 because I find they never dry.
The colour tattoos dry enough that if you touch it during the day it wont be coming off on your hand.
These however must remain un touched or you will find yourself smearing it all over and getting it everywhere.
That is my main complaint with this product. Other than that I do love it and they blend very well. I will use the quad I have but I dont think I will purchase any more.

on 4/8/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

boo. this was not a good buy, colors barley showed. It faded with in 30 mins or so, even with a primer. I think I got the quad shade in Endless Summer, or something like that , and was like..no. Too oily , didn't really dry up. Wasn't for me