February 1, 2015 | 1884 users online

Body Scrubs - DERMAdoctor - KP Duty Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had pretty bad KP all my life on the front of my thighs as well as really dry and flaky skin on the legs in the winter time. I decided to try this to try to further smooth out my skin in addition to the Amlactin I was already using. Compared to "luxurious" salt and sugar scrubs I've used in the past, this definitely does the best job of exfoliating, smoothing out my skin and getting rid of dry flakes. I use this about twice a week. I massage this on my dry legs before I get into the shower and then rinse off during.

This has a made a huge difference on my thighs; I used to be able to see my hairs on my thighs curled up and stuck in the excess keratin and after using this consistently, I can actually shave my thighs.

One caveat though is that this works much better on smoothing out the skin and less well on the pigmentation, so I can still see the dark spots at each hair follicle. Thankfully I've never had really inflamed and red KP so this hasn't been a huge drawback for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This body scrub uses both physical and chemical exfoliation to smooth body skin and fight keratosis pilaris. Itís a good body scrub and has a pleasant, subtly nutty fragrance that reminds me of pecans, but I find that for the price, AmLactin Lotion is more effective at both exfoliation and fighting the KP I get on the back of my arms. Plus, I donít like adding products to my shower routine, as I have a tendency to run out of hot water.

Ingredients: Water, Polyethylene, Glycolic Acid, Hexyl Laurate, Sorbitol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Willow Bark Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Azelaic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by monica3210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my legs or else I get bumps from shaving. That being said, I don't shave anymore, but I use an epilator. This gives me less bumps but I still get them. The only method of hair removal that gets rid of my bumps completely and my legs are super smooth is nair but I go through it too quickly and it gets too expensive. This scrub works really well and makes my legs nice and smooth when I use it before a shower. Sadly, I only bought this out of desperation. It is too expensive for me to continually buy :( If anyone has a good alternative please let me know :) exfoliating puffs and rags don't seem to smooth out my bumpy skin :/ at least the ones I've tried

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

If you're looking for a luxurious, scented scrub, this isn't the right one for you. I personally get KP on my arms and upper legs and this, used dry, definitely helps. I use either LacHydrin or Amlactin lotion afterwards. I find the Dermadoctor cream to be a little too heavy and sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Jekraut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best scrub I've ever used! It not only makes my "chicken skin" smooth but it also takes a lot of redness away. After the first use you notice a difference! Here's a trick: use it on your legs (even without kp skin) before you shave! Smoothest shave ever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by yumsworth

Do not scrub this hard on your skin or else your KP will get worse! Learned my lesson the hard way. But anyway, 4 weeks after using this the right way which is massaging it gently (i just use my bare fingers) and my skin feels silky smooth! It helped clear out the KP on my thighs and keeps the bumps on my arms tame. Although i still have KP on my arms, it's not as bad as it used to be and less visible and less itchy. Definitely worth the steep price and the jar is big enough to last you for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by biackcoffee

I've purchased this three times, and will continue to do so even though my KP is not as bad anymore.

For an exfoliator, it is rather pricy ($50 for a tub, but it lasts for like half a year). However, I think that you really get what you pay for. Especially for those who have sensitive skin, why would you risk an allergic reaction just to save a bit of money?

It has no smell, and it does an amazing job and exfoliating. I originally had really bumpy chicken skin on my armpits from years of plucking and shaving, but after using it consistently for 2-3 times a week, my skin was evidently smoother and I don't grow ingrown hairs as often anymore.

Our skin is sticking with us forever, so might as well treat it a little better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Lilcatlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A dermatologist once told me I had the worse case of KP she had ever seen (wow, thanks). Until now I've used the glytone 17.5% lotion. It would take a few days to really kick in and during the days I used it my skin would burn and itch like crazy. So much so, I often contemplated washing it off and just dealing with the ugly red bumps. I'm not one to care much about psychical things like a few bumps, but seriously....my legs are horrible. The red bumps are all over my thighs and calfs. I haven't worn shorts or skirts in over five years. I've gotten tired of explaining what they are to boyfriends and I find myself shying away from pool parties/beach events.

Now, it's good to note here that I have tried every lemon DIY aspirin whatever you wanna call it formula under the sun. Nothing worked. In many cases my KP just got worse. Until I discovered KP DUTY.

Itchy? A bit, but not as bad as straight glycolic lotion. I apply a small scoop to dry legs about five minutes before I shower. I find it works 1000 times better on dry skin. I do this 2 to 3 times a week. After the shower I run coconut oil over my legs because I've found it helps keep them from itching or drying out.

Honestly, this is one of my few HG products. I don't know what I would do without it. Personally, I noticed an 80% reduction of bumps after the first use. By the second time my KP was gone (except for a few red marks here and there).

Don't let this skin thing make you depressed. For those of you who also have KP, please go purchase this product. It might seem a bit expensive, but it lasts a good 6 months and the results are worth every penny. I'm super excited to wear dresses this summer! Now, if someone could just make it easier to find the perfect wedges for my dresses, I'd be set!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Kate1011

I can't belived how muched this helped my KP! I had Kp on both my upper arms and it has nearly gone!! I have been using for about 3 weeks and nothing has helped like this before. It did take a little longer for it to reduce the redness but it has helped so so much and I am so happy with the results and I have not even using the cream. Quite expensize but get a lot of product. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by HotPink1000

I use this once a week and really like it. I use the AmLactin lotion though because its cheaper and works just as well.