August 2, 2014 | 911 users online

Powder - Meow Cosmetics - Pure Powder Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this SO MUCH! I have very pale, sensitive skin, and a lot of foundation lines don't come in shades light enough for me; I was so excited when I found Meow and loved that they were cruelty-free, and especially the fact that they're supposed to be great with people who have allergies. I've never been allergic to make up before, but I am reactive to a lot of other things, so I looked at that as a major bonus. I put it on after waiting for it for three weeks, and found that it looked really nice.. but within an hour, my eyes were swollen and red and my face and chest was full of hives. :( It was a complete bummer!!!! My search for a great foundation continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by helloalix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked the way this looked when I first applied it. My face looked smooth, my pores looked less noticeable. But after about 3 hours or so, and especially at the end of the work day, this makeup separated on my face and looked disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by lyonka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried many mineral foundations over the years, from drugstore brands to department store brands to "infomercial" brands like Bare Minerals. I'd never tried ordering from an independent online based company, though, frankly I didn't trust them and figured that their product couldn't be very good if it wasn't offered in stores. I thought that mineral makeup just wasn't for me, since I couldn't find one that I liked in terms of formula or shade match. I'd given up on mineral makeup.

Then I read a post on a beauty blog about Meow and decided to give it a try - at the very least I thought that maybe I could find a good shade match, since my skin has a weird mix of under and over tones. Well I am glad that I gave it a chance! I posted a photo of myself on the forum and Jen responded right away with three color suggestions in two different levels. I ordered samples in the Pampered Puss formula and tried them all, and immediately saw that my perfect match was "Sleek Mau". (This surprised me since I always thought that my skin was a lot more yellow than this - I was initially convinced that I would be a light golden beige shade like Korat.)

The real proof came when my husband couldn't tell I was wearing it, which is a big deal since he can always tell when I am wearing makeup (he's one of those guys who prefers the natural look on women). I am so happy to find a makeup that looks so natural and feels so light and comfortable and yet actually covers up my redness and acne scars. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by britt151

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The look continues=( this powder didnt do anything good for me,coverage,lasting power,natural look and feel..and it caused breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by maryanng

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough about Meow's mineral foundations, being able to order sample baggies for 1$ each makes such purrrrrrfect sense. I ordered in all levels of coverage and ordered what i thought would be my best matches and a few I wasn't sure of. As it turns out the ones I thought were wrong were right thus saving costly mistakes, and I mixed the remaining ones and got a blend that also works. NO TALC- NO BISMUTH and NO sparkles, just what I wanted. After using BE for years this product is my purrrrrrrrrfect answer. I am 64 with great skin that has been pampered and have very few fine lines, Meow blends in so well and looks so flawlessly invisible that people think I don't have makeup on. One tip I used when using BE and others is to take a dab of moisturizer and rub it between my fingers and pat over my foundation and that works well for me. MEOWWWW is my WOWWWWWWWW, Great product Tammy and thanks for the free samples included with every order. Maryann

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT ~ 8/28/09. The full size, for some unknown reason, just doesn't look the same as the sample did. There was a time gap of a few months, as I used up the samples, but still. It doesn't wear the same, either, and I can't return it, so I'm out the $28.00. What a waste!! Boo! ~ Just now ordered the full-size, as Meow Cosmetics is having a B-Day sale with everything at 25% off until 8/3/09, code is HappyBdayMeow. I really wanted to try the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation, especially as I have a $65.00 credit at Sephora, but they have been out-of-stock for at least a month, and I'm out, AND since I really, really like this from Meow, I thought, why am I being dumb about this!? It really is kinda a no-brainer... I am always on the lookout for a Mineral Makeup that would work for my dry, sensitive skin, and I've FINALLY found one!! All the others dried my skin out really bad, and made it itch, and were too frosty-looking (ahem, BE, are you listening?). Liquid foundation just feels icky on my skin. I got sample size of the Pampered Puss in Naughty Abyssinian, which is a yellow/beige shade. It's not too yellow, and not too much beige, which can be flat looking, and just a *very* slight amount of glow to keep it from being too matte and chalky. It really is the perfect shade for me, and just melts right in. I moisturize really well with L'oreal's Age Perfect cream, let that sink in, then apply a light coat of primer, let that dry, then buff away with a flat-top brush I got from Everyday Minerals. Brush worked great, but not the Foundation.... If my skin is extra dry, then I mist on MAC's Fix+. You can make your own, though, by mixing purified water, rosewater, and some castor or jojoba oil, using amounts of each based on your individual needs, and put into a small spray bottle. I see in my e mail that they offer a new primer called Primp and Preen Equilibrium for sensitive, dry skin. Sign me up! Ordered that too! **EDIT** 8/14/09 ~ The Equilibrium did NOT live up to my expectations!! I wasted $14.00 ! It made my skin feel really, really dry, not moisturized and soothed as they promised. Meow Cosmetics has a NO RETURN policy that I didn't catch. I should have just ordered a sample, but bought into their claims, and didn't want to have to pay additional shipping to order a full size. My mistake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

I've tried just about every mineral foundation in every price range on the market, liking the idea of them but not finding any that worked particularly well for me. For one thing, they almost all have too much mica and look too frosty on me. For another, many have talc, and my skins hates talc. Even those that didn't have those two issues eventually started causing my skin to flake and settling into my fine lines too much. About the best I'd previously found was that from Makeup Artists' Choice, but even it got to where it made my seborrheic dermatitis flare up and flake and aggravated my roseacea (I have a review her with more details).

Anyway, after reading one rave after another about Meow on another message board, I decided to give it a try. You can order samples of everything for $1 each, so I stocked up on various colors and formulations. I have roseacea, a lot of brown sunspots and melasma and a lot of broken capillaries, not to mention a chronic area of folliculitis under my chin, so I need coverage. Flawless Feline in Frisky Korat ended up being my best match and gives me the coverage I need, even though I was having a bout of cystic acne at the time I started it. Purrfect Puss covers almost as well if I build it up some. I also tried Pampered Puss foundation which worked very well, too, but is not enough coverage for me - at least not without concealer. I've ordered some of their concealer but haven't received it yet. I seal either in with their Top Coat Finish Powder - they do have a glowy top coat also if you prefer a little of that look.

Their products are talc-free. Although they contain some mica, it's not enough to give me that unnatural frosty/glowy/pearly look. And it's not enough or the type that it's at all irritating, tight, or itchy. They contain no bismuth - another no-no for me that many of the others contain. It's very finely milled and settles into my lines less than ANY type of make-up the past few years (including my favorite Lancome Effacernes - see that review). I get almost no oily shine, although my skin is quite oily, and I normally have to powder or blot my t-zone, particularly my nose, often. With this, I blot maybe once a day and otherwise don't have to worry about it.

The color stays true, which is a big deal to me - with that folliculitis under my chin, I'm always having trouble with that area looking darker later in the day if the shade isn't just right, and you know how it is when the face doesn't match the neck at the jawline "edges" - yuck!. And with 86 color/formulation combos to choose from, you're sure to find one that works - if not, they have empty sifter jars you can get to come up with your own blend. You get a large 3 oz. jar of foundation, more than many other brands.

So far so good as far as it bothering either my seborrheic dermatitis or roseacea in any way. My acne has cleared up, although that was not too typical for me anyway - I don't know how much bearing Meow had on that, but at least it helped disguise it as unobtrusively as possible while I had it, LOL.

I just highly recommend the product overall. Check them out at www.meowcosmetics.com

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Justbeinme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good foundation for someone who would be able to find the proper color for their complexion. I was not but I do appreciate the large sizes for the price! The quality is there too I simply could never manage to find a color that worked for my complexion without looking chalky in sunlight.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kitten_devine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the fact that there's so many shades to choose from and I like the fact that you can choose the amount of coverage you desire, but there were tiny GLITTERS in it! I don't like sparkles on my face unless it's in an eyeshadow:(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ashariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meow's Purr-fect Puss foundation is my holy grail. I'm a hard color to match, and the majority of the dark mineral foundations I tried just didn't mesh will with my undertones. I've found a winner in the Chartreux breed, a mix of a warm peach with some yellow thrown in, without that beige/neutral brown color that ends up looking like mud on my skin.

I also have a munchkin of Pampered in the same color, but I prefer the light but buildable coverage of the Purr-fect.
As for the finish, I have combination oily skin, and with a light dusting of powder primer underneath I can put this foundation in the morning and it just looks like my skin until I remove it at night.