September 19, 2014 | 973 users online

Styling Products - Sabino Moisture Block

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by nancyellenb

A staple for anyone who lives in the South. Like another person who wrote a review: When I initially purchased this, I was at my wit's end - in terms of trying to find a serum, product, gel, holy grail, what have you that would tame my frizz - ALL DAY LONG - during the summer months. I heard about this from a friend of a friend, and purchased this product from Amazon. This is the only anti frizz product that works for me, but I say this: A TINY bit goes a long way. I have long hair, and only use a pea size. I made the mistake once of using more than that, and it really greased up my hair. Outside of that, it's a great product. Must have during the humid, summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by thegrammardoc

There are actually two kinds of anti-frizz serums made by Sabino: Lök & Blök and Moisture Block. The latter was introduced first and then discontinued, replaced by the former. Well, Moisture Block is back. That is the thicker formula, whereas Lök & Blök is a little thinner. They both work similarly. There are a number of videos on usage for both products and their companion hairspray, Finisher, on the company's blog site: http://www.gotfrizz.com.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by clausie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was on the internet for weeks looking for this product with fab reviews. At least when i did find it as i live in Scotland and this was an American product. All excited when it arrived i tried and sorry for me it did not live up to the hype it has i have naturally curly hair and applied it as instructed with gel first then lock and block and hey my hair still had frizz,
so if anyone has the miracle product because i am running out of ideas and money trying things out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kim00512

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not interested nor impressed with the new sabino Lok and Blok version. Why does this always happen. When something is awesome for frizzy, then it gets discontinued or replaced with something else. The Original Sabino moisture block is hard to find. I can't even find it on amazon. I been on some other beauty supply website. The only legit onlien beauty store I bought from recently was justbeautysupplies.com for $16.99 per bottle. I can't afford the new Moisture block at $22 per bottle. If you can find the old packaging, you better buy it or else you have to find something else for frizzy hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by mariainuk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hy
I'm mixed race and have combination 3/3c type hair
I have been using this product for over a year now and it is fantastic!! I was very sceptical because like a lot of ladies I'd tried miracle serums before that didn't even straighten my hair properly.

I have to disagree with the customer who said that it cannot be washed out with a non sulphate shampoo as it can. Maybe it depend on your hair type?

You have to experiment with it a bit to get the correct amount for your hair type. I have long thick hair so I need to use more than the dime sized blob that they recommend.

I would say that you don't necessarily need it has hot as they recommend as using a slightly lower setting will produce great results too.

I never thought I'd be able to get anything that would straighten my hair and leaving it with lots of movement. It looks straight and bouncy not straight and carboardy.
Of course how it looks depends on how you style it when you straighten it.
I sometimes just do a French platt half way down and curl the ends under then French platt the bottom half and curl the end up, leave it do dry and this gives it a slight wave with lots of body at the end. I may then just straighten the roots a little to give it a bit more lift if I want it.

The only downfall is
1. The cost
2. You can't get it here in the UK you have to order from the US
But believe me it does work and it can be washed out with a gentle non sulphate shampoo!
:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Having curly mid back length mixed race hair; I would never wear my hair straight because it would revert and frizz back up on me at the slightest bit of humidity. Sabino Moisture Block has been a god-send. I use it with my Maxiglide and get super straight hair, like I've been to the professional hairdresser. I also work out 5 to 6 days a week and this totally helps as far as keeping my hair straight. It's worth every penny because it works like they claim. My HG product for straight hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by gpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. After reading rave reviews on LHCF I just had to try it out. I ordered it from ebay from an American seller and it cost me around 13pound including shipping and it arrived in only 4 days (I live in the UK)! My first attempt at using it was disappointing but I don't think I sealed it in my hair properly and it didn't look or feel that nice and went frizzy. However, after buying some new straighteners that go up to a higher temperature this stuff worked like a charm - my normally frizzy chemically relaxed hair stayed swingy and straight for a week until I shampooed it again. Even in the humidity of summer and the odd day when my hair was exposed to fine drizzly rain while I was out shopping, it didn't even feel wet when I touched it!! Incredible is all I can say.

How I use it is after shampooing with a SLS free shampoo and doing my deep condition, I towel dry my hair so it's still damp and then part my fine mid length hair in 2 sections. Using a small amount I pat the serum onto the ends and roots of each section and then scrunch, as Sabino recommends, then brush it through to make sure it's evenly distributed. Next I blow dry it gently without tugging at it too much, then add more serum before sealing it into my hair with my straighteners at the hottest temperature. Sabino says you have to be able to see steam coming off your hair as this means the product is being sealed in properly. I was freaked out at first seeing my hair smoking! but after several months use my hair is going from strength to strength and I hardly see any split ends in the sink at all these days. I also don't have to spend loads of money on oils and hair creams - all I need is SMB. I know I'm gushing lol but it really has made life so much easier for me as a mixed race lady who used to have to constantly wear my hair in buns because I looked like a scarecrow whenever I wore it down :) p.s I got highlights put in my hair recently too, which can be damaging for previously relaxed hair, but SMB helps to keep the right amount of moisture in and the unwanted moisture out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by pearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product for a couple of years but for some reason hadn't picked it up until recently, and I love it! My hair is slightly wavy and tends to get frizzy and poofy. This stuff works better than anything else I've tried, it's better than any other silicone styling (Frizz Ease, Biosilk, etc). I use a dime-sized amount on dried hair after heat styling and my hair gets depoofed and looks healthy and swingy. Will try it on damp hair next!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by t4729

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The BEST for keeping curly, frizzy hair straight... I use this after using Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality shampoo and conditioner... My hair is ALWAYS straight, no matter the humidity and it is stronger! If you are as obsessed with straightening as I am... GET THIS!...
[UPDATE 8-16-11] I have to update this review... The product was changed to a different version called Lok n Blok. I have read a lot of complaints on the boards that it didn't work as well as the original Moisture Block... I was recently on the Sabino's website and saw they were doing a new product "challenge"... I got some samples and am happy to say it works better than the old Moisture Block!!! Watch for it frizzy friends!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING. It does exactly what it says it will do. My curly hair stays straight in even the most humid weather. I've tried Frizz Ease and many other serums, but never got the kind of results this stuff gives me. I used it all last summer and my hair stayed frizz free. I live in Chicago and the summers get disgustingly humid. In the past, my hair just had to stay in a bun all summer long and on rainy days all year long, because wearing it down was just not possible when there was any moisture in the air. I've used this for over a year now and it still amazes me that I can now wear my hair down on rainy days...something I could never do before. My only con is I hate the bottle it comes in...its messy and tricky to get out just a teeny amount. But the product is so amazing, I can deal with it. Another thing is the price is deceiving: it seems pricey. I paid about $26 for a small bottle, however, you use such a tiny, tiny amount that one bottle lasts FOREVER. I started using this a year ago and I'm still on the same bottle and have about a quarter bottle left.

EDIT: Sabino has changed the bottle and it's so much better now! I still am completely in love with this miracle product. This is probably the only beauty product I've used consistently for 4 years. I truly believe if you try it and it doesn't work for you, you're not using it right. You must follow the directions EXACTLY. You can't put it in like every other hair product.