Besame Enchanting Lipstick in Red Velvet

4.7

on 8/9/2015 7:06:00 AM

This is the most perfect red that I own, and I own a LOT of red. Sure, it's a classic color, so it can be duped-- I even have one or two lipsticks that are of a similar shade-- but the formula is what sets it apart. The texture is amazing, super comfortable to wear, and it really does last rather well through eating (I even tried it with a messy burger, and there was minimal fading by the end of it, but nothing I actually felt the need to touch up).

This was given to me as a birthday gift, but when I do inevitably run out, I will absolutely buy another one.

on 7/13/2015 7:26:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I bought it online on Sephora as I can't find it anywhere else in Canada. I bought it with the intent of using it because it's the exact lipstick they use on Peggy Carter. i didn't expect to love i so much. My lipstick lasted a few hours, enduring nervous lip licking, eating and drinking. It began to fade a bit so it's obviously not completely wear-proof but it's really close. I love this lipstick and if it weren't so darn expensive (for me) I would buy every shade possible.

on 7/9/2015 1:22:00 PM

After reading all the great reviews, I bought Red Velvet thinking it would be the perfect blue-based color for my coloring (blonde, blue, fair with cool undertones). For some reason on me, this lipstick looked more like a fuschia pink than a true red. Totally disappointed that I had to return it.

On the upside, the texture and staying power were amazing. I'm on the Besame mailing list, and they've brought back two classic colors for a limited time, Dusty Rose and Merlot. I've purchased both--fingers crossed that these colors work for me.

on 3/15/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

You guys, I seriously don't even know where to begin with my love for this lipstick. It is almost too intense.

To be honest, I bought it on an absolute whim, I've been trying to wear a lot more lipstick lately and read in a comment that this was an amazing red that worked on most skin tones. That, plus the beautiful (and I mean gorgeous!) packaging was enough for me to order it with basically no research. Afterwards, however, I poked around the internet, found some swatches, and read all about how it is apparently Peggy Carter's lipstick.

It is a smaller tube than usual, but a little goes a long way! It really was love at first swipe for me, as I pretty much tore it out of the box and applied it immediately. Really stunning color, does not budge, bleed, or smear. It lasts wonderfully through meals, and doesn't need to be constantly reapplied. I put on lip balm beforehand, and haven't had any issues with dryness.

The shape of the lipstick is also unusual, with a chiseled tip at the middle, and then flat sides, but it makes applying it pretty easy. I use the tip to make sure I get the corners/edges of my lips. I don't think a lip liner is necessary with this, but I've used a clear/universal one by Rimmel with it several times when I know I'll be out for a while.

This is a stunning every day wear red lipstick, and it has been borrowed (and subsequently bought) by several of my friends, all of whom have different skin tones to mine. Highly recommend, and enough to make me want to look into more lipsticks from this line.

on 1/13/2015 7:46:00 PM

This lipstick is my new Holy Grail. Not only does it go on smoothly but it doesn't leech onto the skin if you don't use a lipliner. The texture is creamy satin that feels wonderful on your lips. The Red Velvet color is a nice matte that gives you a beautiful true red color. You'll really feel the power go through you when you put on this gorgeous color. The packaging is unique and gives it a really vintage feel. The price is a bit of a turn off when you're looking at it, but once you try it you'll forget all about the $$.

on 5/25/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Review with swatches. It was my first EVER video on YT, so I was a bit nervous.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Sometimes great things come in small packages. Yes this lipstick is significantly smaller than the average tube. But what a lipstick! The color is a very neutral red that would look great on most skin tones. It wears better than most of my MAC lipsticks and does not dry out my lips. It has very good pigmentation and a wonderfully smooth texture...not to matte, not too slick. I can wear it without lipliner, which at my age is exceptional. The packaging is lovely and the vintage look is so pretty. It even comes in a cute red velvet bag to store it in so it does not get scatched up.

All around a very nice lipstick:)

on 5/24/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I personally love all of Besame's lipsticks. Red Velvet is such a beautiful colour. Not too bright, with beautiful rich blue undertones. The lipsticks feel amazing on, and last.

on 6/12/2011 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Red Velvet is a holy grail red for me! I looked for a suitable red for day for quite a while before I finally tried this. I'm so impressed with Besame's formula -- a lovely vanilla scent, a creamy but highly pigmented lipstick that glides on easily, good staying power after eating, drinking, etc. Red Velvet has such a nice brownish undertone to it that makes it work for day, and it works for redheads, too!

on 1/9/2010 2:14:00 PM

I only got this as a sample, which didn't last as long as I had hoped, but I was impressed with the quality of the lipstick. A good creamy/waxy consistency but reasonably long lasting, doesn't dry the lips.

A true red, perhaps a little too cool for me - a redhead with very fair skin. I prefer a more scarlet red, with a little warmth in it. I wouldn't buy this shade again, but I would buy another Besame lipstick if I found a shade I liked.

Video Reviews & Tutorials