September 23, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lipstick - Besame - Enchanting Lipstick in Red Velvet

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by patchouliii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Review with swatches. It was my first EVER video on YT, so I was a bit nervous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Sometimes great things come in small packages. Yes this lipstick is significantly smaller than the average tube. But what a lipstick! The color is a very neutral red that would look great on most skin tones. It wears better than most of my MAC lipsticks and does not dry out my lips. It has very good pigmentation and a wonderfully smooth texture...not to matte, not too slick. I can wear it without lipliner, which at my age is exceptional. The packaging is lovely and the vintage look is so pretty. It even comes in a cute red velvet bag to store it in so it does not get scatched up.

All around a very nice lipstick:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxomakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I personally love all of Besame's lipsticks. Red Velvet is such a beautiful colour. Not too bright, with beautiful rich blue undertones. The lipsticks feel amazing on, and last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Red Velvet is a holy grail red for me! I looked for a suitable red for day for quite a while before I finally tried this. I'm so impressed with Besame's formula -- a lovely vanilla scent, a creamy but highly pigmented lipstick that glides on easily, good staying power after eating, drinking, etc. Red Velvet has such a nice brownish undertone to it that makes it work for day, and it works for redheads, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only got this as a sample, which didn't last as long as I had hoped, but I was impressed with the quality of the lipstick. A good creamy/waxy consistency but reasonably long lasting, doesn't dry the lips.

A true red, perhaps a little too cool for me - a redhead with very fair skin. I prefer a more scarlet red, with a little warmth in it. I wouldn't buy this shade again, but I would buy another Besame lipstick if I found a shade I liked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by NicW

This is my ultimate red lipstick for my colouring. Whenever I wear this I get positive comments, and it always adds a little spring to my step.

Being a lover of vintage items, I find the packaging adorable and very pleasant to use. I appy this with a lipbrush so I can build up the colour depending on the occasion or my mood. A great day-to-night colour as well. Build it up for a more dramatic matte look for night or put a little clear gloss over it for the day. I've found it has good staying power after food and drink and required minimal touch ups.

I hope Besame continue to make this product as I do know there are a lot of loyal 'red velvet' followers out there. Please try this colour if you've previously been scared of reds, I've seen it on many different skin tones with great results!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the lipstick in terms of color payoff and moisture--and the packaging is very cute too although the lipstick does slide out of the velvet casing. However this lipstick looks more fuchsia than red on me--I've tried it with different outfits, different color combinations, and I find it very, very limiting to use. My skintone is beige-olive and lips have very little natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 More reviews by achenm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is in my top 5 red lipsticks, and I'm a collector. A deep, rosy, slightly cool red. On me (NW20), it is quite dramatic, although not screamingly bright--definitely a color to be saved for evening events. The finish is close to matte, but not too drying. The tube is small, but the lipstick is so pigmented that a little will go a very long way. I agree with the reviewer below who said that this is a lot like Nars Transsiberian--Red Velvet strikes me as slightly brighter and richer, but maybe that's just because the finish isn't as matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by MizLiz211

I agree that this is more of a rosy red than a true red. It actually reminds me of Nars Trans-Siberian (officially described as a "ruby rose") which is getting harder and harder to find. The texture is a nice, satiny semi-matte that looks great on my NC20 complexion. It wears nice and evenly, and the cute retro "bullet" packaging is simply irresistible and fits nicely into the dainty vintage evening purses I'm so fond of collecting. My only complaint is that the lipstick doesn't retract all the way into the tube, so it's easy to nick it with the cap and lose a chunk of it if you're not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is genius. Besame describes this as a neutral, everyday red. You might wonder if such a shade could really exist but Red Velvet is it! It looks equally beautiful on me (ivory-skinned) and my olive-skinned mother. Considering that it's an opaque red lipstick, it's quite subdued, meaning that I would feel comfortable wearing this during the daytime. On me, it doesn't look like a true red; it's more like a rosy red. The Red end of the Besame Masterliner lip pencil in Red + Cerise is a perfect match for Red Velvet.