September 18, 2014 | 1753 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professional Kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dmeira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush for a good price. Itīs worth the purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this brush for about eight months now. I use it nearly every weekday and wash it (carefully) with baby shampoo after every couple uses, and it still has the exact texture it had when I bought it and has shed only two hairs onto my face in all this time. It's soft, though not exceptionally so, never scratches or irritates my face during the buffing process, and gives a nice natural finish. I consider all of that to be the minimum standard for a makeup brush so I'm giving this 3 stars. I'll update and raise the rating to four in another year or so if it maintains this level of quality, although honestly I'm kind of hoping it will fail so I can have an excuse to try the LaurEss kabuki. :) All in all I think this is a good option for anyone looking for a reasonably-priced kabuki brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally use Mac brushes, but ended up picking this up just to see what the kabuki brush craze was about and was actually impressed! I don't find the bristles to be rough at all, in fact, the hairs are so densely packed, it is super soft to me! Soft, supple, affordable - two thumbs up!

UPDATE 5/7/2011: Changed from 4 lippies to 3 for the for the following reasons: since purchasing this brush, I have found that I don't actually use it as much as I would like. First, and probably the least important, I hate that I can't stick it in my brush roll with my other brushes. I have to carry it around in a separate bag with my product. Meh. Second, I feel like I can control a brush with a handle better than with this. Lastly, there are so many bristles packed into this brush, I feel like I get way more product on it compared to a regular brush (I prefer less so I can add more if I need it). Anyway, all my 'cons' are solely dependent on user preference, so some of you may find this a better fit for you. GL!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by 7954

- not worth the money.. sephora is a cheaper brand but this brush does not deserve the price it has

if you want a kabuki, get one from everydayminerals.com! $10 alone, or you could get SIX in a kit for the price of this sephora kabuki! quality is better anyways. don't waste you money!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by WinnieQBear

I brought this today and already don't like it. It is by far, the worst brush I have EVER used. Why?...it shed like crazy, scratched the hell out of me, and costs way more than it's worth...
I am giving it a 1 overall just because I can't give it a 0.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Bought this Kabuki since it seemed to be of good quality and it was affordable! It was $31 CDN. First impression of the brush when I first used it. It was sooo SOFT and it gave really good coverage for mineral makeup. I had flawless coverage in a fast time. That was all until I had to pick up all the hairs it shedded on my face was sooo much. I had to wash the brush and it still shedded very much right after! I didn't also like the handle was a bit too short but I love the box it came with nice and easy to put in a nd out. I'd say a pouch would be better!!

I checked the manufacturer of this brush and it said "MADE IN CHINA". I went to return it as fast as I could since I thought all of Sephora Brushes were Made in France!!

Would not re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laeta904

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using mineral makeup (products from both Bare Escentuals and Everyday Minerals). The sable face brushes that came with these products are nice, but I found that my skin was a little too sensitive to use the included brushes (the main step of mineral makeup application is "buffing", and the included brushes tended to feel scratchy on my skin during this step). I started looking for a softer Kabuki brush.

I saw that Everyday Minerals carries a premium white kabuki, but I was hesitant to buy a brush online without feeling how soft it was. I also found the MAC 182 buffer brush (large kabuki), but the MAC store near me does not carry it. I had gone to the local Sephora store to find a Bare Escentuals product, and while I was there, I found the new Sephora Kabuki.

It is WONDERFUL! It looks and feels exactly like the twice as expensive MAC brush, and it is SO soft I could use it all day. I am so excited to find a premium SOFT kabuki to use with my new mineral makeups, which makes the makeup even more compatible with my sensitive skin.

I highly recommend considering this brush to compliment any mineral makeup (more expensive than Everyday Minerals "premium kabuki", but very similar in price to Bare Escentuals "full coverage kabuki"), as a high quality brush is worth a little extra expense.