October 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Gels/Soaps - Yves Rocher - Jardins du Monde - African Cocoa Bean Shower Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by fleurissante

African Cocoa Bean is a thick shower cream – the consistency reminds me a bit of L’Ocitane Shea Butter Shower Cream. The main difference is that I get more foam with Yves Rocehr than with L’Occitane.

The scent is a true bitter cocoa powder with a milky undertone. It smells like a dark chocolate and if you were hoping for a sweet smell, this one might disappoint.

The scent doesn’t linger on the skin for too long – it smells when I shower, but when I’m finished with putting my clothes on, the scent is almost gone.

What I like the most about not only this scent, but the whole Jardins du Monde range is that they wash the skin without drying it out. I could easily go without putting a body lotion after and my skin wouldn’t feel tight.

The shower gel is multi-functional – you can use it to prepare the skin for shaving instead of the shaving foam.

The only thing that I don’t like about it is the packaging. Sometimes I have the problem opening up the cap, especially when I try to do it with wet hands. This has resulted with several broken nails. I’m considering transfering the gel into more use-friendly packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by XMishiX

This shower cream is my fav! I love the creamy texture and the fact that its sooo moisturizing. Bath time is such a comforting one with this shower cream that I always stock in more than I need lol. Its scent is more like a chocolate cocoa one. For people like me who are just plain lazy to moisturise after a shower id defo recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

Let me just say, I generally love Yves Rocher products. Everything smells amazing, feels amazing and is so affordable. The cocoa bean shower gel is no exception - it has an amazing, deep chocolate scent - very sweet and clean. It lathers nicely, especially great if you used a shower puff. I end up spending way longer than I had planned in the shower because I lather this up, rinse it off, and end up doing it two or three more times because it smells so good! And it left my skin feeling really soft and clean. I like to follow with Yves Rocher Noix de Coco Malaise silk body lotion - yay to smelling like a dessert. Definitely will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by sasanka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells really wonderful although on some days it seemed too much. Has creamy cosistence which i found very pleasant. Gonna try other ones as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by betus

OMG! This smells sooo good! I'm up for a second bottle already. This is the only showergel I NEVER get enough of. It doesn't smell like cocoa though, it's more a creamy, floral divine scent. When used with a puff, it lathers very very good!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my latest experiment on YR's shower creams - I have used up quite a few bottles over the last twenty years or so... and haven't always been very impressed all of their concoctions...
This has been a pleasant discovery with its soft, warm and still understated scent. The cocoa aroma in this one is pleasant and unoffensive, nothing like the TBS cocoa products, for example..!
Like with all the YR shower creams and gels, the top tends to be a bit unpractical and hard to open, but I have learned to do the trick without breaking any of my nails :)
This is a perfect pal to the shower - lathers well, as has been mentioned already, and apparently has enough emollients not to dry out even the driest of skins.
Would repurchase - unless they discontinue this one (YR is notorious for doing that with their best products...)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by renemy

Smells nice; not like chocolate, but a more floral cocoa scent. Creamy and makes a ton of lather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another great shower cream by YR. This product is divine. It lathers beautifully and leaves my dry skin soothed, soft and smelling gorgeous. It's a soft, sophisticated cocoa bean fragrance. I've already repurchased a back-up. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by houseofstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice soft and soothing shower cream. Smells great and doesn't seem harsh - even goes with my Shalimar bath cream. The light scent it leaves blends well with perfumes unless you wear something ultra-green. Only problem for me is that the cap is hard to open and close. At least the bottle doesn't tip over! I'm glad I bought this on a whim.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by jupel76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a new product for the fall season. The scent is very subtle cocoa with a floral undertone. A little bit produces tons of lather with my shower puff. Although there is very little actual cocoa butter in this product, it doesn't dry out my skin. For a shower gel that is not strongly perfumed, foams a lot, and very affordable, you can't go wrong with this one.