Creative Nail Design Fedora

3.6

on 3/26/2008 10:50:00 PM

I didn't have the drying problems that the other women experienced but I used Poshe topcoat. I think it's a fine color and product but it's very similar to OPI Lincoln Park After Dark. The difference between that and this is that LPAD is more plummy and Fedora is more dark chocolate. Honestly, on the nail, the effect is similar enough that if you have one, you probably don't need the other. I like the color, but I love OPI LPAD. Do I regret the purchase? No. Do I feel like I need this when I have LPAD? No. I will use it though.

A dark creme brown. Looks like a very bitter dark chocolate! I had no problems applying it..it only took me 2 coats. As with all the creative nail polishes I have worn it has not chipped at all. But again, as with all creative nail polish it took light years to dry!

on 11/13/2007 10:40:00 AM

This polish was kind of a pain to apply. Usually, I get good coverage and application with CND, so maybe this was a bad bottle -- but the polish had a very thin consistency and didn't want to spread evenly. I had to use two pretty thick coats, and despite the use of Seche Vite quick-dry topcoat and CND Dry n' Shine, I still got sheet marks on a few nails when I went to bed (which was about 5 hours after finishing my mani). The color is lovely, though; it's a deep, vampy, blackened brown that reminds me of espresso beans. I love a good vampy brown creme, but the application issues on this one aren't worth the effort. For a good-quality vampy brown creme, I'd recommend Chanel Madness, Essie Chocolate Kisses, or OPI Oh!... to be 25 Again.

on 5/8/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree with most everyone here about the long drying time. But I give it a 5 because I'm a PPP, and of all the REALLY dark colors (such as Opi's Lincoln Park After Dark and Creative Nail Design's Limited Edition and Nail Noir), this color (brown based rather than purple based) has really been the most flattering.

on 4/24/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i looooove this stuff. it looks like a deep burgundy brown on my nails. looks very chic. yes i agree that the drying time is impossibly long, but i bought seche vite top coat to top off all my nailpolishes, so the cnd polish drying time doesnt bother me b/c i always put seche vite on top and its good to go in about 7-10 minutes. for ref, i'm latina, nc 35, dark hair.

on 3/2/2007 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This matte finish was unflattering. I read somewhere that to pull off wearing brown polish; it has to have some sparkle in it, so I picked up OPI's Espresso Your Style. Much better than Fedora.

on 9/27/2006 6:30:00 AM

Fedora, from Creative's 2006 fall collection, The Look, is a very dark chocolate brown creme with a bit of plumminess. It's a fab, go-with-anything kind of vampy colour, and is opaque with two coats! I'm finding Creatives very well pigmented, so that is a huge plus.

It seems that a lot of people have trouble with Creative's polishes not drying fast enough—personally, I do find that the drying time is somewhat slower than that of many other polishes, but it's nothing that applying thin coats and Seche Vite fast dry top coat can't overcome. It's worth it (for me, anyway) because the colour is so nice! Honestly, the only reason I'm not giving this a 5 is that it's tough for me to get excited about brown.

Pics:BottleNailsSwatch continued >>

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I wish Creative Design polishes didn’t take so darn long to dry. It makes it really hard for me to love them despite some of the great shades they create, including Fedora from their Fall 2006 collection, The Look.Fedora is a vampy, super dark expensive-dark-chocolate brown with a bit of plum undertone. It’s really dark and really gorgeous but because it took so long to dry, my pedi got “enhanced” by sheet marks nine hours after I painted my toes! At that’s with the help of a speed dry spray and Essie’s Good to Go topcoat – both of which work very well on their own atop other polishes.How different is it from other vampy polishes? I wish I could have a better answer, but with only a small portion of my collection here (the rest is on their way from China)…all I can I say is that it doesn’t look like any of the vampy/deep chocolate shades from Bobbi Brown (Chocolate Cherry), the OPI Anniversary, Essie Fall 2006, and China Glaze Guilty Pleasures collections. Hopefully this helps! ☺
continued >>