December 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Conditioner - ABBA - Recoup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by azgirl58l

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now called Recovery and I love it - I have hair damage and this ABBA product is a great conditioner for hair that is over processed or damaged. I don't think it works as well on healty hair - I have used it when my hair is in good condition and I cannot use it more than once a week in that mode. BUt when there i dryness and damage I can use it every day with terrific results!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by hotnerd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love love love it. Smells great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by zonkee

When I first opened the bottle, I though it smelled a little weird. Kind of sour/herbal weirdness. After squeezing a small amount in my palm and putting it in my hair, I left it in for 3 minutes. My hair absorbed it really fast, but it didn't feel especially soft. After blow-drying, I didn't notice a difference at all.
Conclusion: Smells funky, didn't do much for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Modernlovex3

I got this and the Complete shampoo in a swap, and I used them for the first time this morning. So far, I really like this! I left it in for about 2 minutes like it instructed, and after I rinsed it out, my hair was so soft! And after it dried, it's a lot softer than it usually is! The only thing I didn't like was the smell. I don't know it just doesn't appeal to me. But overall, it's a good product and probably would repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Maxa

I am presently using this conditioner together with Pure Moisture shampoo,and the results I get are very satisfying.My hair is coarse,colour-treated and dehydrated.Recoup makes it noticably softer and shinier.Doesn't help tame the frizzies though.I usually leave it on 5 minutes or longer,and always rinse off with cold water.Not a miracle product but definitely a good one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette_in_Canada

I picked this up at HomeSense (Canada) the other day for only $6.00. My hair is naturally a med-dark cool blonde but I highlight it with light blonde and platinum and it's almost down to my butt. When I first used this I left it in for about 5 minutes..but when I rinsed it out my hair didn't feel silky smooth or even conditioned...so I thought Oh well it was only $6. ...but when I combed it out getting ready to blow-dry it...I had ZERO tangles!!!..tangles are a huge problem when your hair is as long as mine...no matter how healthy it is. The smell is very "pine fresh"...lol...it really wakes you up!!....I will keep buying this....I hope you can still get it at the salons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is a cross between a gel and a cream, yet they both manage to work evenly into the hair. My hair just drank this up and felt so healthy after rinsing. I had a bit of shine and less frizz. This is a protein based treatment so those that are protein-sensitive, be weary. Is chock full of botanicals and oils. I left mine in for the recommended two minutes, though I don't see any reason you couldn't leave it in for more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Iriegirl

UPDATE: Sometime in September I stopped using this, as I now realize it is not really hydrating, as most conditioners are not for me. This conditioner only temporarily gives the impression of hydrating my dry and brittle relaxed hair. Yes, my hair feels soft to the touch while wet, but it has no significant softness 24 hours after drying. And, at times, significant hair comes out at times while combing it through. On the other hand, since discovering HEMPZ hydrating conditioner, practically no hairs come out after combing the product through. Plus, my hair remains soft after drying and roller setting my hair with sponge rollers the same evening/night. In fact, the next day my curls are so soft and silky. That has never happened to me before! Usually my curls are dry and brittle. I would have dropped off another lippie, but Recoup does work somewhat nicely on wet hair and gives a nice shine.

You know, it's funny how you think you have a great product until you try something else and discover that the new product surpasses the performance of your other product! Well, that's the case with this conditioner. I'm really impressed with it. I thought Aveda Brilliant conditioner was *really* good until I decided to give this conditioner a try early this year. I was pleasantly surprised! As a woman of colour w/ medium length relaxed hair, I struggle to find a *decent* conditioner that can detangle and soften my hair. I really like this conditioner. I don't have to put any effort in combing out my hair after applying the conditioner or even rinsing it out. Also, I love how my hair feels while rinsing out...ultra soft. I would recommend this to anyone and especially someone with relaxed hair. Mind you, I'm aware that 2 people may have relaxed hair but the same product may work differently in their hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this VERY similar to Avedas Cherry Bark conditioner. Its a strange consistancy for a conditioner, however, it works. I have chin/shoulder length hair and used about a quarter sized amount and put all in my hair. I rinse it out after 5 mins or so and my haif feels revived and full of body again. I use this after I colour instead of the conditioner that comes with the box colour. I just wish the flip top cap was a little easier to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by sonia786shaban

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hate to ruin the great ratings of this product, but this didnt help my hair at all. But im really confused because after i found that my hair seemed dryer after this, i gave it to my sister. She seems to adore this product.