October 31, 2014 | 845 users online

Fragrances - Calgon - Cotton Candy

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

NASTY. #nuff said

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by TropicalKissesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is disgusting. Calgon definently messed up with this one. I was very disappointed in Calgon since they have a wide variety of great scents, like Hawaiian Ginger, Vanilla Swirl etc... I was always a fan of the Marshamallow body mist, and I wore it for three years along with Pink Sugar. Marshmallow was a great sweet scent that I got tons of compliments on. Anyways I never purchased this one, BUT i have smelled it and that's why I'm going to review it. Back to my story on calgon, in 7th grade, me and my group of friends all had signature calgon scents (corny i know, but i was 12!) Mine was marshmallow, my other friends was the coconut sorbet, and then my close friend decided to pick cotton candy. It was horrible. It smelled like alchohol and artificial cotton candy with something horribly acidic in it. I can't even describe it, i was just grotesque. It smelled so bad, and was so strong that i actually asked my friend to stop wearing it because of ho horrible it was. It was so long lasting that i had to endure 8 hours of smelling it daily. it's honestly the worst scent i've ever smelled. Would never recommend this to anyone, and i really do think calgon should discontinue this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by jedda

I bought this at Beall's Outlet for $6.99. I love all things cotton candy, so I didn't bother reading reviews before purchasing.

The scent is not like any other cotton candy scent that I have ever purchased. It smells like tart blue raspberry candy (once you get past the hours-long alcohol scent!) If anything, I think it is more like blue cotton candy, instead of pink (strawberry) cotton candy. I couldn't return it, so I'm using it as linen spray. At least the alcohol fades away by bedtime! I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a cheaper dupe of Philosophy's (at least before Coty purchased the company) Falling in Love. I bought this as a gift for my sister, but I'll be using this as well. If you love the scent of cotton candy, then you will love this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a cotton candy fiend, so I bought this without checking out reviews or anything like that. It's a sweet smelling body spray, how bad can it be, right? Wrong. To me anyway, it smells like a berry-scented hairspray. I was hoping that once the alcohol dried it would get all sugary-tastic, but no - it smells like a scented hairspray from start to finish. I ended up pawning this off on my aunt, I think. She liked it anyway, so it wasn't a total loss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Dollar Tree, along with the Pear Caramel for only a dollar a bottle so I cant complain. I bought a few because they were so cheap. Anyhow, the smell of this is def not my fave, because it doesnt really smell much like cotton candy. It does to a degree, but it has a weird "buttery" note to it, and I cant figure out why its there. I like to use this when Im "not going anywhere special" but want to wear something. I cant like it too much because every time the wind blows I get a whiff of the buttery note which is weird, because it ruins the scent. I think the only reason Ive kept it, is because I like the pretty bottle design. Which is weird, I know. I had a friend who would use perfumes she doesnt like much as a foot spray, so Ive been doing that as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I randomly tried this on in Shoppers, and was unenthused for, well, hours. It's horribly alcoholic and chemically at first. But when it finally dries down, it leaves a hint of a soft, sweet scent that's very true to cotton candy. I'm probably going to buy it despite the ridiculous drydown time because I was really impressed with the end result. I didn't notice how long it lasted, but I REALLY liked the scent...that, and subtle is good, especially in summer!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by vanillalvr

Actually I don't think it is too bad. Not wonderful either, but for the price it's worth it to me. I love sweet scents and went to buy the marshmallow but they were out of it so I picked this one up. It smells like cotton candy to me. Very sweet scened with a musky undertone. I sprayed it on a while ago and I still smell it. I wouldn't wear it all the time, but to relax around the house, this would be just fine. I much rather prefer the Bodycology scents better and they are even cheaper, but this to me isn't as horrible as everyone says it is. :) Will I buy it again? Probably not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

This is similar to Victorias Secret Beauty Rush Candy Baby. I don't hate it but not my favorite neither. A straightforward cotton candy smell that my daughter would love. I like sweet smells but this is definitely not feminine. But I would wear this on my "feeling girly days", not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

Very strong cotton candy smell. I am a candy fan, so I like it. However, it's not a smell you want on a date or formal, only for normal days.