July 30, 2014 | 2054 users online

Eye Shadow - Jane - Eye Zings

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I see by the reviews that some swear by these as one of the best DS shadows...I don't. Sometimes it is just better to bite the bullet and splurge - I mean, you can get pretty decent eyeshadow from Urban Decay or Bare Escentuals for just a little over $10 these days, and worth every penny. I have a whole drawer full of cheaper eyeshadows from the drugstore, of every brand, all disappointing for some reason. There is only one that I can say that I have loved, and repurchased, over the past 10 or 15 years, and that is the Loreal Wear Infinite Berry Pinks Duo (now discontinued, naturally)....and of course, some of the old Milani singles were decent, but I discovered them too late, they were already discontinued by then.

This time I was looking for a deep blue shadow to use more for lining than as a lid color, and I wanted a color that was not too vibrant and more matte than shimmer. I was really looking for a navy color, but didn't see any with the exception of in a Loreal quad with three other colors that I wasn't interested in. The Jane Eye Zing I finally picked is called Midnight, and it is a pretty darker medium blue with a slight shimmer. It seemed to have a decent pigmentation when I swiped it on my fingertip, but when layered on the lids, it is very sheer and I can tell that without primer, it would probably not last an hour. It also doesn't seem to blend very nicely - goes on patchy and uneven, streaky looking.

As a liner, which is what I wanted it for, it fares a little better, though I really have to pack it on with smudge brush to get decent coverage. With primer, it looks good for most of the day - but, I doubt it would hold up as well in more humid weather. All in all, smudged along the upper and lower lashline, it gives a sort of a nice semi-smoky look for daytime. But, not exciting or quality enough to buy again, even at a low price. Too bad.

I really need to drive the extra half mile to Ulta...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have slowly collected these because they're not available in my area. If you're going to get a couple get these: sunglass & rock star. They are pigmented and smooth. They blend really well but beware because some colors can be chalky

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I braved the new website and ordered a few products. Four or five eyezings to be exact. The shipping took forever, and the order came with many items left out of the package. The website is horrendous and it's almost impossible to see the eyeshadow colors. I ended up with a bunch of stuff that I won't use and cannot return. This is my last order from jane online...

I received the eyezing duo of Sungloss/Perfection. Sungloss wasn't available w/out Perfection, so I had to order the duo eyezing. Sungloss is very usable and actually quite pretty ~ it's a very light highlighter or all over color wash. Perfection is wrong for my skin coloring. It looked lilac on my eyelids. The packaging is so small. I have used Sungloss about six times and I have made quite a dent ~ it won't last long.

Dazzle, Sage and Walnut were included in the order too. None of these shadows were workable for me. Dazzle was a reddish purple, sage is not sage, it's actually hunter green, and Walnut was a coppery color. All in all, I am quite disappointed with my purchases.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by jlseck

I am angry with Jane. Who the (bleeo) is in charge of their marketing? Why is it so difficult to find? Why do they discontinue top selling colors? Have you seen their website? Honestly, I think the owner is intentionally trying to go out of business. Well, how about you sell your company to me so we can keep the dang eye zings around??? Makes me so mad! Grr.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love these shadows. They are down right cheap and last forever. Takes me back in the day when they had about a million colors to choose from---now its a pretty limited selection.
If I come across a Jane display I usually cant resist picking up one or two...or three.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Gracecame

I went into Zellers wondering which Zing Colours I would try first. Most of the colours seemed to be rated quite high here and lo and behold....HAPPY DAY!! I picked up TWO SETS of Zingers for $8.95 each. They are a NEW product with 8 colours in each set, 2 double ended applicators and a substantial size mirror. Each eye zing eye mixer is approx .5 x 1.5" size palette. One set is called "Angel" and the other is called "Nirvana". Angel has: Sungloss, Perfection, White Lies, Cloud Nine, Riviera, Hi Ho Silver, Dazzle, Clubbing. Nirvana has: Brownie Points, Dream Cream, Me, Hazel Nut, Moss, Safe, Perfection, Purple Heart. I'm very happy to have these sets to try all of the colours and see which ones work for me. Well worth the value, very pleased with purchase.
**UPDATE: I took a Lippy off because the pigment of numerous shades is disappointing. I rub my brush back and forth about 10 times to get enough colour for my eyelid...disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by devabrooks

I';ve found that some of these colors are very good but a few others really arent. Overall they do a great job i just wish that they had a tad more staying power. The shimmery ones work alot better for me than the matte ones. You cannot go wrong adding a few to your collection because they're inexpensive and decent quailty. I will buy my favorites again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like these shadows. They have nice pigment and are inexpensive, but they never come out with new colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Orangedot

I am going to put individual reviews on the eye zings that I have... These really are hit and miss... so hopefully I can help you out a little bit. All of my Jane's are the duos... so Cafe/Champagne... Hazelnut/Brownie Points... and Its A Girl/Eggplant... here we go...

Cafe -- I love this one.. It is a nice satiny brown. If you get a dark brown, my opinion is this.

Champagne -- Awful.. don't bother. A very, very sheer white with huge silver glitters. Had a friend ask me if I put glitter on my face one night when I wore it as a highlight. The glitter travels all over... don't bother.

Hazelnut -- I love this one as well. An odd shimmery color that I will probably get a back up of. Very different in a good way. Try this one.

Brownie Points -- Eh, its ok at best. Chalky brown that doesn't blend well. I have tried it, and have to blend it like crazy. Very matte dark brown. If you get it in the duo, try it out, but I wouldn't suggest getting it on its own.

Its A Girl -- Light shimmery pink. I might be able to use this as a highlight, but its awfully light. Maybe as an inner eye color. I bought this to get eggplant.

Eggplant -- Looked like a nice deep purple in the store but when I got it home, and swatched it, it has the same chalky consistancy as brownie points, and doesn't come off as purple. It comes off as a poopy brown, almost black. Not happy about this at all. I might actually return this duo. I can get something worth while for 4 bucks instead. I am going to try it out on my lids and see if something magical happens, but more then likely I will be returning this one.

Edit-- I returned the Eggplant duo. I tried to wear it and it just didn't work out. Will be going on a search for the color I wanted Eggplant to be.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sexytresses

I LOVE these and have been using them for years! They are becoming more and more hard to come by tho. I have a mint green color, and HI HO SILVER, my favorite!! Good quality as well.