September 30, 2014 | 1128 users online

Cleansers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - CoQ10 Facial Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yarliny15

This is my first time using this cleanser, I found it at winners for $9.99 which is a fair price for a natural cleanser. It smells like lavender, which I didnt like at first but now I am used to it. The pump is nice, it allows you to dispense just the right amount. However it isnt great for travelling because I had difficulty closing the pump. The gel gets rid of dirt and oil but only if you take off makeup first. I am not in love with this cleanser but I wouldnt mind buying it again. It would have been better if it took off makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Christine283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, especially for the winter, but it does me no good if it doesn't remove my makeup (merely a light dusting of mineral powder and sometimes an organic tinted moisturizer). It's almost like it just rinses the top layer of oil away without getting anything relatively deep. I realize it's not a gel or scrub, but I'd expect *some* sort of cleansing factor. It may also be contributing to breakouts, so my search for a more natural (no sulfates, parabens, fragrance, etc.) continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by JessicaCP

I don't know why this isn't more popular. Leaves skin soft, removes makeup and dirt really well, isn't overdrying or full of harmful chemicals and a bottle, which retails in Aus for about $26 lasts months! I have sensitive, acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by melaniesusan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm alone here...I really like the Avalon Organics CoQ10 facial cleansing gel!!! I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle. I have combination skin, and the gel does an excellent job of cleansing skin and removing makeup, including eye makeup. It is a little bit drying, so sometimes I need to add a light moisturizer after cleansing, but I don't find it excessively drying. I used to use Neutrogena foaming cleanser (which I liked) but wanted something more natural, and this fit the bill.

I recently bought the CoQ10 facial cleansing milk (for normal to dry skin) which I thought might be more suitable for winter. The milk is definitely more moisturizing/less drying on the skin; however, it doesn't remove makeup very well and gets in my eyes. Thus, in order to use up my bottle of milk, I've decided to use it as my a.m. cleanser (when I don't need to remove makeup) while continuing to use the gel as my p.m. cleanser.

In terms of packaging, I like the pump, but it doesn't close once opened (so you can't travel with it), and my last pump was defective (had to transfer the one from my old bottle to the new one).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by avey5

This cleanser is ok. I didn't see any amazing results from it. I do like the fact it is on the more natural side. The smell is alright, a bit strong, def smells like lavender (which I like). I just think they could have done better because I really do like Avalon Organics. Love their lavender body lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by amysuh

i bought the cleanser and the day creme and i'm convinced it caused breakouts along my cheeks. tiny white bumps. also the cleanser is very harsh and has strong smell. after you wash, it leaves your face red and irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Moonhalf

I really enjoy buying natural products, and beauty product that do not rely on heavy marketing campaigns. Why pay the extra dollars for advertising?. While I do see Avalon advertised in my favorite Yoga magazine, I do not see it all over the place. That be said, when Whole Foods puts the CO Q10 Facial Clensing Gel on sale, it is a great deal. I have purchased this twice and will do so again. Your face feels clean but not irritated. I use this product in the am and pm. Give it a try , I have sensitive skin and I have no problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by kateecakes

I have acne prone, oily skin. I have used other Q10 products in the past and liked them. That was not the case for this product.

This product: irritated my skin, made my face dry on the outer layers, and made me break out terribly (even though i had been pretty clear for months). The scent of this product was also extremely strong, especially for something you are suppose to put on your face. I would never use this again. I am now using it for a strong handsoap to utilize after I have applied heavy duty foot cream. After it is gone, I will try to forget my horrible experience with it. . . but I would never, ever, ever use it again on my face!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by sylviag818

While browsing my neighborhood Whole Foods, I was absolutely captivated by the fresh herbal lavendaresque infused scent of the Avalon Organics products that were right on the edge of the aisle. I thought the cleanser to be a bit on the pricey side (say 9 bucks) for a brand that I hadnít had any referral or recommendation on, but I figure wth, itís smells divine! Two weeks later, I am absolutely obsessed with this productÖI want more more more! I ended up back at the Whole Foods aisle, and jumped in head first and splurged on the Avalon Organics anti-aging night treatment. The next day I got a HUGE pimple right on the edge of my nose. Itís been there for almost 3 weeks nowÖand although I absolutely love the way this product smells, I simply cannot seem to talk myself out of thinking that it caused the massive pimple I have been at war with for almost a month. What controlled it sayth you? Why Proactive, of course!

Bottom line: yay on the Avalon Organics cleanser for under 10 bucks, nay on the over 30 night cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Because this product is for "mature" skin, I was hoping it would be less drying than the Lavendar Gel had been. I need a foaming cleanser for my type II (breakout-prone) rosacea but am dryness-prone as well.

The first day, my skin was relatively soft but by day 3, it was really dry. In addition, I got two whitehead on my chin on day 2 and another two whiteheads on day 3 of use (one on my mid-chin and one on my right cheek. Because of the dryness and whiteheads, I discontinued use.

organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender), chamomilla recutita (chamomile), camellia sinensis (white tea) and organic arnica montana extracts (aqueous), disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, mystamine oxide, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, ubiquinone (coq10), citric acid, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, tocopherol (vitamin e), vegetable glycerin, polysorbate 20, organic citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil and other essential oils. continued >>