November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Pure Powder European version

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a product that does everything okay, but nothing great. Nothing horrible either though.
I like the very powdery smell and the packaging is convenient, I would prefer a mirror though. But since I got a different one for on the go, it's alright.
It's a good finishing powder imo. After putting my foundation on, I sweep this lightly over my face and it keeps everything in place for a decent while.
Once great thing about it is, that there's a colour which is light enough for my very pale skin, so that's a plus. I got 021 natural beige.
So yeah, not an exceptional product, but good as a basic thing for the beauty bag. Would reccomend it for beginners defenitely! I'm not sure if I will repurchase it though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this one, but I find Rimmel's stay matte pressed powder is much better. They're similar in many ways, unfortunately similar awful packaging too (plastic, cheap looking, no sponge, no mirror and bvery fragile)... Anyway nicley mattifier (but not for too long), natural looking - sheer to medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by bubbles89

I love this powder! The price is incredibly affordable and the packaging is generous. It looks really natural, gives a matte finish and I like the range of shades. I didn't experience brake-outs while using this product and it's oil-free which i love. I think it's great for young acne-prone skin. The only down side is the packaging- it doesn't come with a sponge and it poor quality overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Linda1618

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think it does what it is supposed to do... it mattifies skin quiet well and i've bought a good color match to my unbelievably pale skin. so i'm overally satisfied, although it doesn't controll the shine for too long. i gave up looking for a product that would hold the shine for a longer time...i just don't believe it exists anymore. i apply it with a large powder brush and it looks really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even though Maybelline's "pure.powder" already exists on MUA, I'm adding an item entry for the European version of the product, which seems to be entirely different. The color range is larger, the packaging is entirely different and the pans are bigger. For the American version of this product, please see this product entry.

I picked up Maybelline's "Pure Powder" after having a bad experience with a pressed blotting powder from Nivea. I was about to swear off pressed powders, but when Maybelline's new line started hitting the shelves, I figured there would be no harm in trying it out. It was more affordable than it's Nivea counterpart, the compact held more product, and the color range seemed promising. After spending about 20 minutes in front of the display trying to figure out which color would be the best for me, I finally picked up "Natural Bronze". I'm happy I did - this color fits my warm/olive skintone perfectly, and I was shocked to see how smooth and natural the product looked on my skin. I didn't experience any breakouts, the product is entirely unscented and doesn't seem to have anything which would irritate my skin. My favorite thing about this product is the generous amount in the pan. Maybelline's powders here in Europe are always very generous, the compact has a twist-lid which has no mirror or applicator - just a very large pan with a lot of product. The package doesn't seem sturdy enough to survive a fall, and does seem like it may crack if too much pressure is applied. I'd like for a sturdier compact, but overall I'm just overwhelmingly pleased at the amount in it - it seems that the American counterpart of this product does not have nearly as much. continued >>