November 28, 2014 | 1937 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Baby Tear Free SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A summer must! It is identical to Kids Tear Free SPF 50 but with different packaging. It is marketed for babies instead of toddlers, but the formula is identical. You can just go ahead and pick one based solely on the color you like. :)

I like that it is inexpensive and I can apply it generously on my arms. This has the smallest opening I've seen on a tube, which makes it easy to apply. It has abundant UVB protection to keep my arms from getting darker than my face in the summertime. A small amount of Titanium Dioxide ensures adequate protection from UVA, but I am not too concerned about UVA for my arms since they are exposed only a few months. I do extend the application on my hands and it works fine.

On the negative side, I do eventually get small sunscreen lines where I fold my arms but I smooth them out with my finger and eventually I don't need to do it once it's completely dry. Given I apply a generous amount, there is a slight white cast and if you touch you can feel it. So it's not completely weightless in that sense. But I will repurchase each time. I like knowing that it has a high SPF, contains partly mineral actives, and is water resistant.

-------------
NOTE: Formula wise, Target's Up & Up Kids SPF 60 is identical. It is $1 cheaper and comes in a larger size. Once I run out, I might just repurchase that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by chaumein

This is my go-to sunblock, that is ultra gentle, long-lasting and effectual.

It goes on a little greasy and pale, but I find it absorbs into my skin well: leaving it dewy and soft. Mileage may vary for other people. If my skin was oily for example, I would pass on this.

Having said that, I've never broken out with it on and it's protected my skin even from a SE-asia vacation (except that one time I was sweating a lot and I didn't reapply - got a slight sunburn).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by yumeshu

I loved the finish of this product and used it for a while. However it recently came into my attention that there are TONS of harmful chemicals in this stuff. Definitely NOT recommending this.
However, banana boat has another line of natural sunscreens that are also pretty good without the harmful chemicals. I would recommend trying that instead of this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My goodness this stuff is great on my skin. Bought it for 7.75 at my local supermarket in Texas. I was using Aveno face 70 spf but it made my skin oily. I bought this because "If its good enough for babies, it should be good enough for my face". This is super light, not greasy and it really sinks into your skin. I did not experience any break outs at all or reaction. To me, this is my HG sunscreen. I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A Good full-spectrum sunscreen that I used on my 5 year old (who is now 7) when we vacationed in Grand Cayman. She didn;t mind it - and it had little odor. And it worked - she did not burn - but we applied and re-applied often.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by anewme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing managed to destroy my face in 1 day using a 1/4 tsp amount. I am shocked because of the great reviews on its use as a facial sunblock and overall % who said they will buy it again. Sadly it made my face both greasy and dry at the same time. In less than 3 hours (the longest I could keep it on my face before needing to remove it) it left me with clogged pores all over both cheeks, several whiteheads and the beginning of two new pimples. Once I removed it my face also appeared darker and red which is baffling since it is supposed to have great sun protection. Maybe it irritated my skin. So, for anyone who has truly sensitive skin this may not be the best or at least please proceed with caution if you plan to use it on your face.

Also, I did find this to have a quite discernible unpleasant sunscreen smell. Definitely not no or low fragrance as some reviewers found although the fragrance did seem to fade away. That may be its only redeeming grace. I will keep to use on my legs and arms if I am out by the pool but back to the search for a suitable sunblock for my sensitive facial skin.

I am giving it 3 stars for its usefulness as a general body sunscreen but there are many sunscreens that work well in that category for me so I don't find this impressive enough to warrant a higher rating. For reference - I have the one in the cream form in the pink tube shown in the second pic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

Sunblock or Sunscreen is the most products which contains lots of Chemical.. so it can make my sensitive skin break out very easily and could be harmful.. so

I search the most safe and mild sunscreen , and also works perfectly with UVA/UVB protection, over spf 50.
THIS IS IT !!! I FOUND ONE.
this doesn't break out my skin at all !! and soooo mild and soft

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ichigorukia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use products that contain AHA and BP and both products advise that you use a sunscreen. However I live in the Caribbean and I have brown skin so I never bothered. My acne isn't letting up though and I'm at my wits end so I decided to follow all instructions.
I wanted a sunblock not a sunscreen cause there is a difference and sunblock is much better. The SPF protection is nice and high at 50 although I've read that SPF after 30 is really just the company embellishing the product for sales purposes. But seeing the 50 is good.
I really can't say for sure if the product does protect because I don't really spend alot of extended periods in the sun but I do find that my acne isn't so bad and I'm attributing it to my skin getting stronger and being protected from the sunscreen use. So I'm happy with it.

The product is white and has a slight scent that is basically typical to all sunscreens. It quickly disappears so the smell isn't a problem.

You don't need a lot, a few dabs spread over your face very well.

It's supposed to be made for babies so I think that it shouldn't clog pores, although it doesn't specifically say so; it is hypo-allergenic.

It doesn't give a matte finish so it can't in my opinion, be used as a primer substitute, it kinda gives a look like you've moisturised.

It blends in your skin nicely and doesn't leave a white-ish appearance that sunscreen sometimes does but I find that sometimes it sorta beads back up so you find you have to wipe it off or rub it back in. This doesn't happen all that time but it is a negative, the only one though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by jewelsmd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this sunscreen. Even though I am brown I burn so easily now. I wore this on a couple of trips to Havasu and Laughlin during the summer with direct desert sun reaching temperatures from 106-126F. I was in and out of the water and I did do a couple of reapplications during the day but I never burned. I spent approximately 6 hours in the sun daily. Plus if this product gets in your eyes there is no burn. Do not trust sunscreens that are sports formulations that promise the same, they LIE!!!! I used Coppertone Sport and cried and had snot pooring from my nose for like 10 minutes, it was completely disgusting and embarrassing. Luckily someone offered me this and I have not switched sunscreens since

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is an amazing product. Doesn't make me break out or flare up (Eczema). I have no allergic reaction to this product.

It isn't SUPER greasy, but it can be depending on what you're doing during the day. I'm so sad though, I'm returning my latest purchase because there's a chock-load of parabens in it. I don't want cancer when I'm using a product trying to prevent it -_-

I will NOT be repurchasing :(