November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I love how this stuff shows up plain white, but when I swipe a gorgeous candlelight glow pops up. It's very sexy, yellowish gold glow. My issue with it is that it has little staying power. I know that's what primer is for, but even with primer I feel like I just get a few hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this daily as my highlight and really like it. I can understand others' complaints that it pulls a bit yellow, but as my skin has slightly warm undertones it looks fine on me. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect brush to apply this as it often get a little 'everywhere' in the morning, but it just takes a second to buff out the edges to a lovely finish. My best method thus far is to use half of a stipple brush to sweep it on strategically, but I'm sure there are brushes made for this that might serve the purpose better.

Pros:
* natural finish
* great glowy quality
* smooth application
* blendable
* a little goes a long way

Cons:
* can be a bit yellow
* best if applied carefully

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great gold toned highlighter. I gave mine to a friend because I wasn't really using it. On occasion I would mix it with my pink blushes to make them look more like NARS Orgasm, but then I got wise and just bought the darn Orgasm blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EPIC! Best highlighter out there by far for all skin tones!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by WChea

Pretty disappointed with this highlighter. I wear C2 in FNB foundation for MAC. I'm asian with light-medium skin and this looks way too yellow on me. It looked promising from the reviews but when I tried it out, it was this yellowy shimmery mess. It would probably look better on tanned skin or less yellow complexions.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by sarapeno

From looking at the package, it looks like it would be chalky, very pale, super yellow, and not very flattering. In reality, it's beautiful.

A light dusting on a small brush (it's easy to use too much on a big brush, since it's pretty pigmented) just gives a little golden glow, not overly shimmery. It's even okay during the day if you're careful about not using too much, and is completely magical for dramatic evening makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ashleynmlw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

1. Luxurious! It feels velvety smooth in the compact and wait til you swatch it!
2. Great highlighter - it looks fab on my golden complexion thus far though l still am getting my hands on MAC's Global Glow
3. Pricey and worth it though you probably will get same results with a cheaper version as long as a good quality brush is used.
Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by CatjeRom

I'm a MAC NC25 and this looks too yellow on my skin, making it very unnatural. It's very shimmery also, do not recommend if you're looking for a "subtle" look. It's very heavy and if you don't have good or almost perfect skin it will show all your imperfections. I'm still on the quest for the perfect most natural highlighter...:(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dianxin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Real talk. When I use this highlighter, angels sing, cherubs drop petals, unicorns whinny in appreciation.

It gives my skin a beautiful glow and just gives me that vibrancy that my world-weary, beat down body is unable to produce on its own.

Every single time I wear this, I get compliments that I look great. They never know it's the highlighter, but it's always just "something's different."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great all rounder highlighting product, I use Albatross quite frequently - looks white but once blended gives off a shimmering golden glow. Now, I must say I am more accustomed to my more champagney-bronzey highlighters like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow so I wouldn't say Albatross is my daily go-to highlighter but it does the job. The pigmentation and the texture pretty much matches up to what I'd think a luxury item should consist of, I think this is universally flattering especially on darker complexions. I'm between an NC45 and NC50 and I had no problem with it being harsh against my complexion. The price point is on the high side but for the amount you get, plus the quality justifies it. For me, this is not a Holy grail product - I do believe you can achieve a similar look with cheaper alternatives on the market, but considering I'm a huge highlighting fanatic I love it nonetheless.