July 31, 2014 | 1655 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have been using Albatross for years, and it's always a repurchase. I have very fair skin, and find most highlighters have a pink undertone and are not complementary to my skin tone, where as Albatross is gold and adds warmth to my face. I am always getting compliments on my highlighter, thanks to NARS :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CaitlynS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars Albatross is the best highlighter I've ever tried. The golden white color suit my asian, yellow toned, fair to medium skin so well! I use it mostly on my cheek and nose bridge, sometimes on the inner corner of my eyes. It looks so natural that it gives my skin the transparent look which I absolutely love! The only complain is the packaging. The rubber gets dirty easily:(

For a brief review on other highlighters i've tried, I've used Kevyn Aucoin's candlelight and Cle de peau's Luminizing Face Enhancer, they both are more finely milled than NARS, However, they both have multi-color reflection which looks so unnatural on my face:( HATE.
Benefit's liquid highlighter all have the same texture. They spread nicely, but disappear too fast. Benefit's Watts up has beautiful champagne color that look wonderful on my yellow toned skin but it can get very caky after powder (similar to NARS multiples)
Dior's amber diamond has rough texture just like MAC mineral highlighters (such as hang loose): They look quiet cheap on skin.
NARS hungry heart is the second most loved highlighter I have, it doesn't really have any color to do contouring, but it has a fair amount of fairly-like sparks, so pretty and girly, not everyone like the sparkles of course.

The Last thing I'd mention is that NARS has a multiple and a illuminator with the same name/color, but on my normal-combination skin, I love press powder the most. Use a light amount and it won't dry out my skin or create patches.

P.S. Sephora by OPI nail polish in color "wild about shimmer" matches NARS albatross so well lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After much research, and trying on various highlighters, I tried on this one at the make up counter and instantly fell in love. It looks scarily white in the pan, but goes on a beautiful subtle pure light gold. Not a 22kt gold, but a light 14kt colour which works as a perfect glowing highlight for my NC44, yellow toned South Asian skin. No glitter, just a lovely grown up pearly gold shimmer. Lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice highlighter , a little too shimmery but overall if used with a light hand looks quite good

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Luvalooly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I know many people rave about this highlighter and I am sure it works great for some. I found it to be very chalky looking on my skin and far to gold. It seems to settle in the very fine lines on top of my cheekbones making them more apparent. I have tried buffing and blending it more but in the end it just seems to look very cheap on me and definitely doesn't have that "healthy looking" glow I was so hoping for. I think it could just possibly be the red undertones in my skin that don't match with the shimmery gold/yellow color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

Albatross - I've had my eye on you for so long before I decided to pick you up. I didn't understand how highlighters could work to accentuate features. There are also too many highlighters out there that are just too glittery and albatross borders that line in between. Too much and you'll look like a disco ball (not really... but you'll be super shiny). In the pan, it was scary white but when I decided to test you out, you were gorgeous!

This is definitely not the highlighter for anyone who dislikes glitter in their powders because it does have gold glitter. The RRP in Australia is $45 (March 2014) so definitely a pricy product but considering that powders generally don't go off if you use them properly and you only need a little bit of product, it'll last you for a while. I love NARS powders mostly because they're finely milled, have no fragrance in them and they don't break me out. Of course, if you're acne prone, you still need to proceed with caution.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best to follow the "less is more" mantra for this product...which should make it last a very long time :)

A beautiful shimmery gold that imparts a soft hint of golden glow - if applied with a light hand and minimal product, I like to apply this best with a fan brush and find it goes nicely as a highlight for most blush colours - Pinks/Peaches/Reds/Oranges - I don't like it with more nude/natural brown blushes though.

For a more pale skin tone like myself (NC15) I think this product requires really good make-up lighting or natural light so you can see just how much to apply, a step too far and you are moving into R2D2 territory and you definately don't want to be channeling a robot anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Krisjones311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I must say im not a guru on highlighters. I own only two others MAC's Soft and Gentle and Benefit's Watts Up and I adore both of them for different reasons. But after watching TymeTheInfamous YT channel she mentioned how awesome this product was and i decided to go into Sephora to check it out in person. Now as a NW45-50 woman seeing a white powder as a highlighter in a tin comes off intimidating!! I used my finger and sampled some on my skin and practically praise danced on the sales floor.

I took it home and waited a few weeks until i decided to put on a full face of makeup for an evening event and wow was I impressed. First off I love NARS packaging (its always so sleek and compact) and then when I highlighted my cheeks it was so GOLD. MACs soft and gentle is shimmery more like like light Ke$ha video glitter and Benefits watts up is like champagne no glitter just a sheer light gold color. Albatross is nothing like either of them its like an egyptian makeup goddess came down and sprinkled natural dark 24 karat gold and smoothed it on your cheeks. I took it with me on vacation and I got stopped several times complimenting me on how radiant i looked. paired with NARS tinted moisturizer I felt wonderful my skin looked radiant and it all looked so natural. I would definitely re buy but I dont think Ill be hitting the pan anytime soon. Go ahead and make the 30 dollar USD investment its WORTH WORTH WORTH WORTH IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, I got my own Albatross, thanks to my Aunt whom I persuaded to buy for me while she was shopping for her own foundation. Well, I have to say that it is just like my regular old highlighters, but I'm glad to try something that's not on the rosy side. Too early to tell coz I only used this for the first time an hour ago. But one tip I need to tell you, don't use a stippling brush coz it would tend to waste a lot of precious particles. The pigments wouldn't stick in the bristles of a stippling brush. Try a more compacted bristle brush instead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Definitely a good highlighter for those who like highlighters without big messy glitter particles. Albatross gives a beautiful golden sheen to your skin. Don't over do it though, as it can be a bit much. I use this with the Real Techniques setting brush, which I think makes a really good combo since the setting brush is quite small and applies your highlighter precisely where you want it. Overall Albatross is a good highlighter and I don't regret buying it, but it's just not a wow-product for me, and also the price is quite high.