Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande

4.3

I have always loved vanilla fragrances. Genuine vanilla. Not Coty brand Vanilla Fields (hello, highschool!), but the real deal, creamy, delicious, vanilla. I wanted a straight up vanilla fragrance that I could enjoy wearing any time of the year. That said, this fragrance fits the bill perfectly. It's a grown up vanilla, with a hint of another note that gives it depth. It reminds me of a macadamia nut, white chocolate cookie, which makes me understand why it's called gourmande. Delicious! I know it's discontinued, which is a bummer, but if you are a vanilla lover, and can get your hands on a bottle, it's worth it!

on 12/28/2012 1:48:00 PM

Drives my husband crazy! He loves it. I love it too. I wear it alone and also pair it with other perfumes like Prada Candy. I find this to be soft and sexy. And like the other reviewer said, comforting. The price is right at $50. I also wear LM's Creme Brulee.

on 10/3/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Frankly, I am not a biggest fan of vanilla. Once I got this from my man, I am a bit sceptical about this products at first. After a few hours, I totally fell in love with this perfumes. Its a soft, feminine and tend to be very sexy smells. I highly recommend this perfumes.

on 12/17/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this a year ago online without having a chance to try it first. My first opinion was that I made a big and expensive mistake. I have been on eternal search of perfect vanilla. I dont like cheap artificial vanillas. I thought this will be 'the one' according to reviews. I used Vanilla Gourmande few times last winter, and then thought that I will give it to a friend. Scent is really strong and heavy, very overpowering, like a vanilla cloud around you. It is very pure vanilla, vanilla liquor, but slightly too sweet and too floral. I started using this again on early December and been getting a lot of compliments from other women. After few hours it dries down to very sexy vanilla. And not cheap teen vanilla. Vanilla is supposed to be something that men think is sexy. Few my male friends said that it is too sweet. It will take a long time to finish this bottle, because I think it really is a Holiday/winter fragrance. Will not repurchase. Recommended for vanilla lovers collection, but it may be too strong for many. Scent lasts all day.

on 5/19/2011 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Vanilla lovers: just know that this is more floral than vanilla. Upon spraying, it smells quite lovely and vanilla-like. However, the drydown is far more floral (on my skin at least). I think this perfume smells really nice but I'm glad i sampled it before purchasing because ultimately, there are other perfumes I would spend my money on before this one. :)

This is it - the one, the one i've been looking for...there's something about it that feels s familiar, it's warm and takes me back to my childhood but has a really sophisticated sexy undertone to it - amazing that a scent can be such two different things at once. brilliant.

on 4/6/2011 12:41:00 PM

I have many expensive fine fragrances but it seems that Laura Mercier Vanille is all I want to wear. It's such a beautiful, long lasting, and comforting scent.

on 3/11/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

the other day i decided i NEEDED a vanilla perfume. i found the perfect one....van cleef & arpells orchidee vanille. AMAZING. However, $168. So yeah. Vanilla. Back to the drawing board. Found one at Anthropologie that was only around $18...not so bad, but REALLY sweet.

Then stumbled upon this one. It is, as others have pointed out, a bit more grown up. My recommendation is definitely to spray and walk into it-I feel like that application method helps you get to the lovely drydown more quickly. It is sweet and a sweet price too-only about $50 and definitely lasts on me.

I can see layering this scent with other orientals or floral.
Here are the notes: vanilla orchid & vanilla liqueur, vanilla musk, heliotrope, daylily, bourbon vanilla, sandalwood & amber.--really its alot of vanilla though. : )

on 2/14/2011 5:21:00 PM

This is absolutely gorgeous. This is not a fake, candy, "foody" or cake-like vanilla scent at all. This scent is a rich, complex vanilla with hints of light florals, spices and sandalwood to create a very rich, warm and sexy vanilla scent that lasts and lingers quite well. This is something you could wear every day, or layered over something else to give another scent a gorgeous new dimension. I highly recommend this- it is very seductive!

on 12/5/2010 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm sick of perfumes that are fruity in the opening and you have to wait f o r e v e r to get to the vanilla base. I mean, no. Just give me the vanilla now, please. That's all I want. Vanilla Gourmande provides this for me in one hit. This is want I wanted Annick Goutal's Vanille Exquise to be, but it had this weird alcoholic rum-like note which grew so irritating that I had to eventually throw it over my garden fence in a frenzied and somewhat unhinged manner. This is also what I thought Creme Brulee might smell like, whilst I mistakenly ordered the shower gel and body cream before actually testing it. That I find has a horribly chemical/plasticky note. Vanilla Gourmande however is just the most beautiful, natural-smelling, soft, warm, enveloping scent ever created. It's very smooth and sensual. It's sexy but not in an intimidating way. I read that vanilla is like an aphrodisiac to men and I quite like that. In LM's words it "captures the essence of vanilla orchid & vanilla liqueur, vanilla musk, heliotrope, daylily, bourbon vanilla, sandalwood & amber" and I have to say...yes, yes it does. I love vanilla so much that I imagined my search would be easy... alas, no. It's taken a while to find you, Vanille Gourmande. Years of stopping to test anything with "vanilla" in its name. Oh and this is also what I wanted Pink Sugar to be but that is just the teeniest bit too sickly (/migraine-inducing) to be my absolute "HG!!!!11". This is more sophisticated; seems more well-blended or something. This is also so great to layer over different frags. I love it with Angel, HM Butterfly and Hypnotic Poison to bring out the vanilla or used to soften PS' sharp edges. It's the perfect vanilla. I urge any vanilla-lover to try this.

Popular Fragrances